Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tayven also knows how much money is behind Nico coming to and succeeding at Tennessee. Even if he thought he could compete for the job, he knew it wasn't really going to be a fair fight anyways. Nico has to be set up to win in every way.

He has to build some tape if he has NFL hopes (which I'm sure he does as a 4 star qb coming out of high school). No reason to act like he's a p*ssy for leaving, McGill.
I didn't say he was a p*ssy. I know what I said and I also qualified it later and conceded that he may not be mentally weak, just pragmatic. You think how you think, and I think different.

Tayven also knows how much money is behind Nico coming to and succeeding at Tennessee. Even if he thought he could compete for the job, he knew it wasn't really going to be a fair fight anyways. Nico has to be set up to win in every way.

He has to build some tape if he has NFL hopes (which I'm sure he does as a 4 star qb coming out of high school). No reason to act like he's a p*ssy for leaving, McGill.
Also...I don't give a runny 💩 how much money Nico got...if he doesn't play up to it, he ain't keeping the job.

He has potential...and that is all it is...potential.

There are two ways this could have went..he does not believe in himself...or he is just pragmatic enough to say to himself "I am not in his class as a QB"

I will concede the point that the second is probably true, but I thought the dude thought he had what it took to win the job. That us the way he always sounded to me. I am.just surprised he gave up that quick.

The situation is not ideal..if Milton goes down, we are stuck with a rail thin kid starting that is going to get broke in half by some of the monsters we have to play...Nico is not physically ready to start in the SEC imo...5* or not.
he was probably looking around the QB room during bowl prep and seeing a guy that has invested a lot of time and patience and development into the program, that will surely be rewarded. And another guy who the program has invested a TON of money and marketing into.

Or he stepped on the practice field and saw Nico throwing dimes and said "yeah, time for me to go"

VQ guys have been saying for a while that he's likely out after Spring.

Jason Swain apparently said we will look for another ‘23 guy, that being said the only 2 qbs on 247 that haven’t committed/signed anywhere is a qb that has 100% cb to Michigan State and the qb that was committed to florida but got dropped after the vid of him dropping the n word got leaked

Kinda doubt they would worry about redshirting Nico. If he was the second best option they'd make him the second best option. Just watching Tayven I can't imagine it would have taken very long for Nico to pass him on the depth chart.
We're in disagreement but moot point now.

Bama Fans are celebrating and throwing parties over Golding being pushed out because their defense has been pretty pedestrian compared to the usual in big games
PPG Allowed rankings/ Defensive efficiency ranking
18’ 12th/130. 2nd/130
19’ 13th/130. 10th/130
20’ 13th/128. 7th/128
21’ 18th/130. 5th/130
22’ 9th/131. 5th/131

Attachments

• 95220323-950C-49AC-9E27-328EA93F39D5.jpeg
    95220323-950C-49AC-9E27-328EA93F39D5.jpeg
    961.6 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Smokey19rt

Saban be all "We wish him the very best in his future endeavors."

OGC.51020b006b4d844007cdedd038eec44a

Bama Fans are celebrating and throwing parties over Golding being pushed out because their defense has been pretty pedestrian compared to the usual in big games
PPG Allowed rankings/ Defensive efficiency ranking
18’ 12th/130. 2nd/130
19’ 13th/130. 10th/130
20’ 13th/128. 7th/128
21’ 18th/130. 5th/130
22’ 9th/131. 5th/131
They're dancing on the wrong grave. If they get rid of OC BOB then they should rejoice.

Jason Swain apparently said we will look for another ‘23 guy, that being said the only 2 qbs on 247 that haven’t committed/signed anywhere is a qb that has 100% cb to Michigan State and the qb that was committed to florida but got dropped after the vid of him dropping the n word got leaked
Lot more options after Spring.

Also...I don't give a runny 💩 how much money Nico got...if he doesn't play up to it, he ain't keeping the job.

He has potential...and that is all it is...potential.
You may not care about how much money Nico got, but you can't deny that it won't be a factor in boosters and fans screaming for him to start and how much rope he gets once he starts playing. Tayven starting over Nico means a lot of embarrassment for all the major players who worked to get Nico here. Tayven has every incentive to go somewhere else.

Anybody been keeping up with these way too early season predictions?

I love how we'll be doubted again!

12th or 14th? Are you kidding me? 🤣
Given how first half of schedule is, My way too early prediction is Top 5 by 3rd week of Oct game with Bama !

AP Governors will be our biggest challenge :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back