Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% understand why Jackson would transfer.
That being said, I'm surprised that more good (high 3* - mid 4*) QBs don't go to G5 schools or lower level P5 schools. Going to top tier programs, you know you're probably going to get recruited over.

I understand Jackson had now idea that Nico would come to UT, but just saying in general.

So he's realistic.

Honestly, I don't think he was ever going to be the starter. Best case scenario for him was being #2 next year as the staff works with Nico.
Obviously the coaches thought the same or they would not have let him go. Let’s see where he ends up. I hope the best for him as long as it’s not against the Vols.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Think pro. The kids are. Forget two bits, four bits, six bits a dollar. That's over.

You are the back-up to the back-up the season before. The starter is retiring. The back-up is ready to step in as starter. You think you are going to be the #2. The team pays big bucks for their first round draft choice - a hotshot QB. He is getting mega bucks and you are at the league minimum. You have the option to stay as #3 or to choose free agency and maybe become the starter on a lesser team.

It's not hard.

I would guess Shuler is a D1 caliber QB. Good enough to pass as a third option. I wouldn't say QB is a huge need this year. Probably wouldn't want to go into next year with Shuler as the backup though.

I wouldn't mind getting an underrated HS QB. Jury still out on Gaston and Navy imo. One of them may suffice though.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I 100% understand why Jackson would transfer.
That being said, I'm surprised that more good (high 3* - mid 4*) QBs don't go to G5 schools or lower level P5 schools. Going to top tier programs, you know you're probably going to get recruited over.

I understand Jackson had now idea that Nico would come to UT, but just saying in general.

My assumption is that some of them want to get that experience of being on a P5 campus. The training, the facilities, the coaching, etc. to see what it really takes to play at that level.

And with the free transfer Jackson after a full season at UT is a more desirable QB prospect to G5 or lower level P5 schools than he would have been straight out of HS (imo at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back