Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd look for Jackson to Indiana. I think he's got a brother that plays BB there.

As to getting another QB thus late... do you think you can get someone better than Moore or Shular? If so maybe you are. If not, maybe just ride with what you've got. I'd say it would be difficult to get someone better at this point.
Yeah they said Jackson is expected at some basketball game with the HC of Indy. Thinks that is a given.

Itā€™s going to be hard to convince any rich person to contribute when it isnā€™t tax deductible. If you give $1,000,000 to the school, that saves you $370,000 in taxes. If you give to NiL, you pay taxes on the full amount of earned income.
But if they use an athlete or group of athletes as ā€œspokespersonā€ for their company, then they are paying via advertising budgetā€¦

Last edited:
It truly baffles me that Pruitt is being mentioned as the next DC for Bama. How the hell is he not facing a show cause for what he did here?? He cheated. His wife helped him cheat. That bastard should be facing a show cause of multiple years. No way in hell should he be allowed back so soon.

It truly baffles me that Pruitt is being mentioned as the next DC for Bama. How the hell is he not facing a show cause for what he did here?? He cheated. His wife helped him cheat. That bastard should be facing a show cause of multiple years. No way in hell should he be allowed back so soon.
From what I have read in VQ I think the staff hasn't found a CB worth taking. Now that doesn't count the GA CB that just entered the portal. They aren't going to just take a body they want a good one.

Reactions: Orange.
But if they use an athlete or group of athletes as ā€œspokespersonā€ of their company, then they are paying via advertising budgetā€¦

Thatā€™s true. But they wouldnā€™t or couldnā€™t do that by being a member of Spyreā€™s Volunteer Club. Thatā€™s not tax deductible.

Forget what I said about the GA CB. AP said he doesn't believe we go after him. I asked him and was a little surprised to be honest.

People keep saying they are surprised about us not going after these young CBs but KingNico said we only take a clear starter. We donā€™t need anymore young unproven kids we have those coming in this signing class.

You may not care about how much money Nico got, but you can't deny that it won't be a factor in boosters and fans screaming for him to start and how much rope he gets once he starts playing. Tayven starting over Nico means a lot of embarrassment for all the major players who worked to get Nico here. Tayven has every incentive to go somewhere else.
šŸ¦¬ f'n šŸ’©...if he sucks...he ain't gonna be the starter long no matter how much he was paid...period....it's pure stupid to think Heupel is going to play him just because he got a šŸ’©load of money...if he does because of that...then we are truly f'd.

Last edited:
Forget what I said about the GA CB. AP said he doesn't believe we go after him. I asked him and was a little surprised to be honest.
:.(

I donā€™t get it. Sign this guy. Sign the uga linebackers while youā€™re at it. Itā€™s a gift that theyā€™re in the portal. Go get em.

Last edited:

Itā€™s been done for two years now yet no show cause mentioned and Saban wonā€™t care he has the NCAA in his pocket. Plus everything he was doing is legal now so what could he get in trouble for?? All he has to do is avoid illegal contact thatā€™s it. Money? Oh it was NIL money McDonalds is paying the kid to carry the bag around as advertising.

Anyone stumble into this mess of a youtube channel?

This kid in there says that Andrej Karic would be one of our bigger offensive linemen at 305, because Heupel doesn't usually have big linemen....šŸ¤£

How do you cover the team and say something that utterly clueless. Karic is the smallest guard/tackle on the entire team lol

No mention of going after a corner in the portal (when we know we are likely going to get one) talking about getting another receiver and d-linemen...

It's a shame because that YouTube channel used to have all these old vol basketball and football games but then this summer Dave Hooker took over for some reason

Do you guys really not know how many 5* all-world can't-miss QBs don't pan out? Freaking SB4 has kept a buttload of them sitting on the f'n bench at UGA....so you all will forgive me if I don't just blindly assume Nico is for sure the player we HOPE it is.

He has great potential and I am glad to get him, but I watched several of his games and I wasn't totally blown away....which is fine, very few HS QBs really do.

I just hope he is Bryce Young and not Hunter Johnson.

People keep saying they are surprised about us not going after these young CBs but KingNico said we only take a clear starter. We donā€™t need anymore young unproven kids we have those coming in this signing class.
Well as I understand that but being a 5 star made it interesting for me. And just reporting to a question asked.

It's a shame because that YouTube channel used to have all these old vol basketball and football games but then this summer Dave Hooker took over for some reason
Dave hookerā€™s weekly interviews with Cade mays and Jacob warren are awesome. The rest of the people that he has on there donā€™t know much about football period, and do little homework on UT football news. Itā€™s like theyā€™re not very prepared.

Itā€™s been done for two years now yet no show cause mentioned and Saban wonā€™t care he has the NCAA in his pocket. Plus everything he was doing is legal now so what could he get in trouble for?? All he has to do is avoid illegal contact thatā€™s it. Money? Oh it was NIL money McDonalds is paying the kid to carry the bag around as advertising.
In greasy bags no less.

How did his wife help?

Do you guys really not know how many 5* all-world can't-miss QBs don't pan out? Freaking SB4 has kept a buttload of them sitting on the f'n bench at UGA....so you all will forgive me if I don't just blindly assume Nico is for sure the player we HOPE it is.

He has great potential and I am glad to get him, but I watched several of his games and I wasn't totally blown away....which is fine, very few HS QBs really do.

I just hope he is Bryce Young and not Hunter Johnson.

JMO - you are not connecting dots. Hooker - benched at VT and a third stringer to start at UT. Heisman candidate two years later. Milton - benched at Michigan, signed by Heup. Starts him and he was not ready due to insufficient practice time in the system. Sits him and gets him occasional playing time, coaching him up, until the last regular season game. Starts and leads team to easy win on the road. Starts against the #7 team in the country with a good defense in the bowl game. Leads team to decisive win and gets MVP.

Heup's taken two guys who failed at other schools and made top CFB QB's out of them who win. He handpicked Nico and virtually everybody has him as a top 3 QB coming out of HS.

Your argument is true at times for other coaches and programs, but it is not for this program under Heup or in his past. Until Heup fails at developing QB's and the guys he likes at QB, which he also did at Okie, Mizzou and UCF; most of us don't think your dog is hunting in the right field. But you have a right to hunt there if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back