Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw-you-middle-finger.gif

White would have a better chance of bringing Pearl back than pulling Nate Oats from Bama.
Yeah I’d probably agree… I was saying Bama should break the bank to keep him. He’s arguably turned Bama into the best SEC basketball program since he’s been there in just a few seasons

Not killing him at all, Aidoo had 4 boards and Uros had 3 despite playing 11 more minutes but Barnes had no other choice. You are right though, no one else rebounded for us. Triple J had 5 as the leader. That’s where athleticism and length shows itself again. You can’t pump fake your way into a rebound.
I think they should have to watch every Kentucky rebound once a day until the next game.

Not every elite team makes it past the sweet 16 every year

It depends on how you want to define elite

My thing is

We've had a team that can beat anybody, has beaten just about every elite team out there, has as much talent as pretty much anybody and have been a final four caliber team for years now.
What the hell does "final four caliber team" mean? It's a "Final Four caliber" team that has never once made the Final 4? It has only made the Elite 8 once. UT is not an elite basketball program. It has made huge strides recently, and it is currently at a level in which it could make a jump into the elite tier over the next decade or so. However, elite basketball programs make the Final 4 and win championships, not every year, but on a pretty regular basis. Making a single Final 4 or winning a single national championship doesn't make a team an elite basketball program either.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Bama may win by 20 in Knoxville.
Ya… I was hopeful yesterday but. Eh. Bama is elite on both ends of the floor. Super athletic and talented. Fun brand of basketball. Sucks that they have that! Wish it could be someone else except those punks. I don’t ever remember Rick beating oats either. Might have happened but I don’t remember it. Hopefully Tennessee can get them in a few months.

Ya… I was hopeful yesterday but. Eh. Bama is elite on both ends of the floor. Super athletic and talented. Fun brand of basketball. Sucks that they have that! Wish it could be someone else except those punks. I don’t ever remember Rick beating oats either. Might have happened but I don’t remember it. Hopefully Tennessee can get them in a few months.
He's 1 and 2 against Oats, all 3 games have been decided by a total of 11 points.

What the hell does "final four caliber team" mean? It's a "Final Four caliber" team that has never once made the Final 4? It has only made the Elite 8 once. UT is not an elite basketball program. It has made huge strides recently, and it is currently at a level in which it could make a jump into the elite tier over the next decade or so. However, elite basketball programs make the Final 4 and win championships, not every year, but on a pretty regular basis. Making a single Final 4 or winning a single national championship doesn't make a team an elite basketball program either.
It means we've had multuple teams talented enough to make the final four here in Barnes' tenre.

It all depends on how you define elite.

I maybe shouldn't have said elite my bad

Reactions: VolNash17
Haven't been on much except a blip or two the past few days.

Are we still getting the BYU CB?

What about the UGA CB transferring? Any traction there?

Looks like the UK game didn't end up where we wanted, but being that it's basketball, it's all butter. From viewing H1, a lot of teaching points for our guys playing lengthier teams. 3/21 from deep really sums it up tho. That happens. Move along and keep going. Alabama is the big target this regular season, then prime up for the postseason.

Haven't been on much except a blip or two the past few days.

Are we still getting the BYU CB?

What about the UGA CB transferring? Any traction there?

Looks like the UK game didn't end up where we wanted, but being that it's basketball, it's all butter. From viewing H1, a lot of teaching points for our guys playing lengthier teams. 3/21 from deep really sums it up tho. That happens. Move along and keep going. Alabama is the big target this regular season, then prime up for the postseason.
No on the UGA guy per AP

Bama may win by 20 in Knoxville.
Lmfao. We whipped Kansas, the other top team we have faced.

No team can beat us by 20 lol. Defense too good. They may be 3-5 pt favorite going in. We can easily win.

Smh the overreaction 😅 the same ilk that said we'd lose to Vandy and get ran in our bowl game because we lost 1 game smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back