Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
College basketball is a tough sport to keep up with, I get it, but inconsistent officiating absolutely affects the flow and the outcome of the game.

Everytime Tennessee would go on a run, we’d get called for a ticky tack foul. That kills momentum and the fact Kentucky attempted 25 free throws on the road made a huge impact on the outcome.

It’s ridiculous and the NCAA needs to take action.

What the hell does "final four caliber team" mean? It's a "Final Four caliber" team that has never once made the Final 4? It has only made the Elite 8 once. UT is not an elite basketball program. It has made huge strides recently, and it is currently at a level in which it could make a jump into the elite tier over the next decade or so. However, elite basketball programs make the Final 4 and win championships, not every year, but on a pretty regular basis. Making a single Final 4 or winning a single national championship doesn't make a team an elite basketball program either.

Not many teams have won multiple national titles. Not disagreeing with you. Just not many have.

Tennessee reaches Top 5-10 level across multiple sports. Has a game they “should” win and somehow loses it in a crucial situation rinse and repeat. Entire state is cursed
Some of you all need to take a break from sports because you clearly have no understanding how any of this works. The only curse we have is the over reactions by our fanbase .

That why they're called "elite programs". It's hilarious that some of you think "elite" should be more inclusive.

Didn’t say I did. Even said I wasn’t disagreeing with you. I was just surprised 39 football teams have won multiple and only 15 bball teams. And several of those haven’t been good in a while.

One thing you can always count on-- when there's talk of UT cruising to a new high, the team will cough up a hairball. About to make the playoffs-- football loses to awful, unranked SCAR. Top 5 in BB and talk of a 1 seed-- lost to hapless, unranked UK in TBA. Maybe the BaseVols can overcome this year.
You too? Come on now. Disappointing but plenty of games left to play.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I believe our government is far more corrupt than a athletic conference predeterming games yes. There is a higher probability that we faked the moon landing than referees calling a game so one team wins a reg season game in January. I mean c'mon. They let South Carolina beat them but hey not the #5 team! Just stahp. Just admit the Vols played like crap. It's okay. Sometimes it's just on the players not playing well enough.
Lol, ok. I can't believe you are so trusting of an entity like the SEC. We'll lose in Rupp too. Mark my words. They'll shoot 10x the free-throws too.

Just can't handle the pressure. All week, I tried to convince myself this wouldn't happen. Rivalry game-- UT's the better team; should be a sure W. Lots of expectations. Retiring CL's jersey. All those UT alums in the house. Big game, big stakes-- big stumble.
That didn't happen in the SEC championship game last year.

Kind of seen this coming after the Vandy game. TN has too many minuets in games where they cant buy a bucket. But I thought this is KY and they would come out on fire.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
College basketball is a tough sport to keep up with, I get it, but inconsistent officiating absolutely affects the flow and the outcome of the game.

Everytime Tennessee would go on a run, we’d get called for a ticky tack foul. That kills momentum and the fact Kentucky attempted 25 free throws on the road made a huge impact on the outcome.

It’s ridiculous and the NCAA needs to take action.

Meh - can’t shoot 15% from 3, miss multiple point blank layups, and blame the refs.

That’s true. But they wouldn’t or couldn’t do that by being a member of Spyre’s Volunteer Club. That’s not tax deductible.
🤔In addition to the ”club” type memberships with SA involvement with members, does Spyre coordinate ”spokesperson“ types of opportunities for SA?

Kind of seen this coming after the Vandy game. TN has too many minuets in games where they cant buy a bucket. But I thought this is KY and they would come out on fire.

That is the one criticism I have with Barnes. We have had cold streaks like that every year and it goes beyond just your normal cold streak. We need someone on staff that can help with that. Cold spells are normal but the ones we have go a step beyond that. If we find out why, Barnes will break his tourney block.

The issue may well be that we're not recruiting at least one player who is a pure shooter to have on the roster every year. A lot of Cinderella runs are propelled by guys like that because in basketball another team might be way better than you but they can also go through a dry spell and guys like that win games when that happens. On teams like ours, they power an offense when it sputters.

I’m okay with the loss, since it’s January 14. It’s how we respond, what will our guys learn from this game? Rebounding and missed layups is what got us. The good news is that this years team has answers in the paint when we are cold from 3. Aidoo, O, Luka and Phillips have to play better in these big games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back