Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat probably threw the toy at your head.

I don't recall experiencing any creepy stuff like that. I want to meet a friendly ghost.

If you haven't lived in a haunted house, you haven't experienced any of this stuff.

We did years ago in Canada. Closet doors rattling at night was pretty common. The most startling was an old-timey (dial) phone ringing in the kitchen during the day, and my wife and I came running in from different parts of the house. Then we realized our house had no phone in the kitchen! This was about 1988, before we had cell phones.

It felt like there was an old lady still living there saying this is my house, why are you living here?

I’m sure the analytics support their decision, but does anything in football create a feeling of an inevitable loss more than punting the ball very late in the 4th when a FG beats you?

It’s 4 down territory and the other team only has to gain 40 yards or so typically. And that’s against a soft prevent defense.

It just always makes me think of Butch and his offense’s inability to pick up the first down to seal the game. Punts it away and loses at the last second with no time left to come back.

Just hate trusting the defense against a do or die offense with 4 downs to work with. If you go for it and don’t get it, you at least likely have a chance to get back on the field on offense and tie or win it.

For that matter, too few coaches allow scores late. Again, analytics surely come into play but the Chargers should have let the Jags score on that long run to set them up for a FG. At least then Herbert gets a chance. But instead they run the clock down and kick a fairly easy FG to win.

I like it.

More folks should go off the radar and enjoy their lives. Life is too short. Same for the (disliked) ex-Vandy coach. Good for him to be aware enough to make such a decision.

Kirby (if that story was true) should too. Nothing isn't worth being a crappy husband and absent father.
If he really wants to recharge he should go somewhere with no electricity or internet and reconnect with himself and the people he is with. Live off the earth, do with less, immerse with his God and nature. Honestly, I think that would be good for all of us every few years. It would either make you appreciate what you have more, or show us what we’ve always been missing. If anyone has done this, please share how and where.

College basketball is a tough sport to keep up with, I get it, but inconsistent officiating absolutely affects the flow and the outcome of the game.

Everytime Tennessee would go on a run, we’d get called for a ticky tack foul. That kills momentum and the fact Kentucky attempted 25 free throws on the road made a huge impact on the outcome.

It’s ridiculous and the NCAA needs to take action.
Tbf I didn't see the 2nd half.

But the first half we were running away with more fouls. And every one was legit. We were being realllly aggressive. Even Zakai could've been called a couple times he wasn't. Santi was being almost reckless...but hey those things work really well when they do...but when the other team doesn't let it bother them as much and just lets you foul, it is what it is. Playing a really long and athletic team makes that even more likely. Much more reaching due to the length and the athletic opponents react quicker than the dullards...I've seen that too many times to recall.

That's basketball. They weren't "ticky tacky" as someone suggested. They were simply fouls. There's a reason basketball takes skill and tact and we usually play defense with such. From the first half yesterday, we weren't playing with such.

Lol, ok. I can't believe you are so trusting of an entity like the SEC. We'll lose in Rupp too. Mark my words. They'll shoot 10x the free-throws too.
10 times?

Yeah I'll take that bet.

And don't forget there's an entire website by UK fans dedicated to all of the wrong fouls against them. Literally a conspiracy site about how refs are anti-UK.

Fans are the same. Every where. Every sport. It's interesting, really. Must go back to some tribalistic brain activity. Us v them sort of paranoia.

10 times?

Yeah I'll take that bet.

And don't forget there's an entire website by UK fans dedicated to all of the wrong fouls against them. Literally a conspiracy site about how refs are anti-UK.

Fans are the same. Every where. Every sport. It's interesting, really. Must go back to some tribalistic brain activity. Us v them sort of paranoia.
Keep thinking like that. They need you folks to have the faith.

If he really wants to recharge he should go somewhere with no electricity or internet and reconnect with himself and the people he is with. Live off the earth, do with less, immerse with his God and nature. Honestly, I think that would be good for all of us every few years. It would either make you appreciate what you have more, or show us what we’ve always been missing. If anyone has done this, please share how and where.
Good thoughts.

Though I was thinking, more simply, getting the hell out of dodge. Out of the limelight. Especially for athletes and those in Hollywood.

Everything is relative, so for them simply stepping away from the limelight may be the equivalent to us normies going off the grid. Js.

But I fully agree with what you just said. I've always thought a simple and productive way to do that would be to set a goal, such as trekking the Appalachian Trail. Or biking the Blue Ridge.

Good thoughts.

Though I was thinking, more simply, getting the hell out of dodge. Out of the limelight. Especially for athletes and those in Hollywood.

Everything is relative, so for them simply stepping away from the limelight may be the equivalent to us normies going off the grid. Js.

But I fully agree with what you just said. I've always thought a simple and productive way to do that would be to set a goal, such as trekking the Appalachian Trail. Or biking the Blue Ridge.
I like your thoughts here. I just don’t know how one can truly disconnect while still having internet. One of the best vacations I had was in the Smokey’s in 2014. No internet. Just beautiful scenery, great food, and my family. I did go into Boone a few times a week to check in with my Dad (bad health). I have paid way more for vacations since, but none brought me more peace.

If you haven't lived in a haunted house, you haven't experienced any of this stuff.

We did years ago in Canada. Closet doors rattling at night was pretty common. The most startling was an old-timey (dial) phone ringing in the kitchen during the day, and my wife and I came running in from different parts of the house. Then we realized our house had no phone in the kitchen! This was about 1988, before we had cell phones.

It felt like there was an old lady still living there saying this is my house, why are you living here?
My house has same type noises. Random doors opening and closing, sounds of footsteps in hallways at random hours, motion light outside getting triggered at 3 AM, little ticky noises in the attic, door to my room opening after being shut.

But we just move on because its mice, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, and the pressure of this old house settling.

If we have a ghost, come on with it. And, can they babysit? Maybe they can pitch in on the mortgage.

Tbf I didn't see the 2nd half.

But the first half we were running away with more fouls. And every one was legit. We were being realllly aggressive. Even Zakai could've been called a couple times he wasn't. Santi was being almost reckless...but hey those things work really well when they do...but when the other team doesn't let it bother them as much and just lets you foul, it is what it is. Playing a really long and athletic team makes that even more likely. Much more reaching due to the length and the athletic opponents react quicker than the dullards...I've seen that too many times to recall.

That's basketball. They weren't "ticky tacky" as someone suggested. They were simply fouls. There's a reason basketball takes skill and tact and we usually play defense with such. From the first half yesterday, we weren't playing with such.
It was I that called them ticky tacky and that's what they were. Grabbing in basketball is like holding in football, it happens on every play...the problem is Tennessee was the only one called for it. The disparity I. free throws paints an accurate picture....slanted officiating. With that being said that is not why we lost....just a poor effort from the team. Rebounding is want and effort, way to many rebounds we lost out of bounds. You can either pound the glass and grab the ball or you can let the missed shot come to you..we let it bounce to us. Bad effort

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
2 things:
1. I wish someone would go through and tally up the amount of fouls each ref calls in the final five minutes of gameplay when the score is within 5pts of the spread vs when its not. I think that would be the best way to gauge if any refs are meddling with bets.
2. My wife calls Trevor Lawrence "Easter Island Head Man."

Kinda where I was going. I’m not jumping off the ledge yet. Basketball is a long season (games). I don’t get some that are ready to write off the season. Maybe it’s because the loss was against Kentucky? I almost expected it. I hate it, but it doesn’t ruffle my feathers like it does some.
I had hoped for a dragging but knew its a rivalry game.

Tennessee typically doesnt do well with cupped nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back