Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not killing him at all, Aidoo had 4 boards and Uros had 3 despite playing 11 more minutes but Barnes had no other choice. You are right though, no one else rebounded for us. Triple J had 5 as the leader. That’s where athleticism and length shows itself again. You can’t pump fake your way into a rebound.

Uros’ job was to keep kentucky’s big man from getting rebounds. With that strategy, he was not in position to get rebounds too. Sucks for your stat line, but it’s a very effective way to keep the opponent from getting easy rebounds and points from their big man. Not even gonna try to spell Oseewhatube’s last name 😳

Shadows can be explained. But a ghost that litters I cannot 🤣 Though maybe homeless/potential squatters.

My wife has all sorts of stories of lost socks or why the remote ended up where it did. But...she also forgets what she did half the time.

Idk I just think most things can be explained and if not, I'm still not sure about the ghost explanation. Might as well call it invisible alien beings or anything else and it would be just as plausible or unproven.

The idea of ghosts is interesting, such an old timey concept based on an old/pre-science concept of a "spirit" because before science people thought there must be something inside of our bodies that "enlivened" us or made our bodies "spirited". Ie why our bodies moved while alive. Also to explain why our bodies suddenly stopped moving at death...they figured something must have left our bodies. Of course now we know that's all mumbo jumbo and our brain, or cessation of brain activity, is the cause of all of it and the end of it. Similar to how humans thought some entity must have caused apples to be "thrown at the ground" from trees, when it was gravity all along. So idk as to what "vehicle" could explain a ghost. Very old idea with zero point zero reason behind it. But because it crossed over so many generations, the idea still exists, even though the idea behind it, the vehicle/post-bodily spirit like entity, has been proven not what it was thought and has zero basis.

I hear you completely. I’ve always been a skeptic. But I know exactly what I felt that night at Waverly Hills, and no matter how much I’ve looked for explanations, I have not found one.

There were a few other things that night that occurred (a huge steel door closing on its own while we were in the surgical suite), but I could explain that and the others things away. The hand on my shoulder, nope.

🤷🏻‍♂️

No, but I’ve been hit in the head by a cat toy in my house, and I’m the only person there. We live on a civil war battlefield. Footprints in the house, disposal switch turned on and off, cat starts hissing staring at a corner, etc……

Weird stuff……
While I am sure all of this has happened, it does not convince me there is any such thing as ghosts.

Someone was tell me the other day that people in other countries think we are lunatics because we don't take off work for a full month every year. Italians, if not most Europeans take off the entire month of August. In China, the lunar new year celebration occurs in Jan/Feb and they take off the entire month. In the US we we take time off when we die or need joint replacement.
I was supposed to be off all five days before Christmas. I ended up working three of them.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Someone was tell me the other day that people in other countries think we are lunatics because we don't take off work for a full month every year. Italians, if not most Europeans take off the entire month of August. In China, the lunar new year celebration occurs in Jan/Feb and they take off the entire month. In the US we we take time off when we die or need joint replacement.

Americans just don't know how to relax. Citizens of every country I ever lived it, took more time for leisure than we do. We work ourselves to death. We live for work, most of the other people in the world, just works to live.

I just think that someone needs to explain to him that risking $1.4 million on a return of 0.8% is astoundingly stupid.

Hopefully this person has enough money to use that as play money. Surely someone with that amount understands that leaving his 1.4 million in a 3.5% savings account for 3 months will net the same result without the risk.

Americans just don't know how to relax. Citizens of every country I ever lived it, took more time for leisure than we do. We work ourselves to death. We live for work, most of the other people in the world, just works to live.

Not my experience in Asia.

Europe, absolutely. Of course they also enjoy the technological and security advantages that being allied with workaholic Americans brings.

Silent DB commit? Said BYU transfer Gabe Jeudy-Lally is being rumored to have committed. Also said the Vols made huge strides with the stud recruits on campus over the weekend. Said Wingo is one to watch.

No offense to Talkin Vawls but their best recruiting insight is from a kid that scours message boards for news. Js. Prolly a damn moran 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back