Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things:
1. I wish someone would go through and tally up the amount of fouls each ref calls in the final five minutes of gameplay when the score is within 5pts of the spread vs when its not. I think that would be the best way to gauge if any refs are meddling with bets.
2. My wife calls Trevor Lawrence "Easter Island Head Man."
This isnt about the Bucs, but, when (insert team) plays Kentucky the fix is on. Last night whilst watching the Alma Mater play it occured to me while seeing us get mugged, hip checked, reached into, banged out of way - then a ticky tack off ball foul gets called - that Collegiate Bball officiating is an absolute joke.

Its absolutely what happens to us, everytime we play Kensucky

If he really wants to recharge he should go somewhere with no electricity or internet and reconnect with himself and the people he is with. Live off the earth, do with less, immerse with his God and nature. Honestly, I think that would be good for all of us every few years. It would either make you appreciate what you have more, or show us what we’ve always been missing. If anyone has done this, please share how and where.

Someone was tell me the other day that people in other countries think we are lunatics because we don't take off work for a full month every year. Italians, if not most Europeans take off the entire month of August. In China, the lunar new year celebration occurs in Jan/Feb and they take off the entire month. In the US we we take time off when we die or need joint replacement.

If you haven't lived in a haunted house, you haven't experienced any of this stuff.

We did years ago in Canada. Closet doors rattling at night was pretty common. The most startling was an old-timey (dial) phone ringing in the kitchen during the day, and my wife and I came running in from different parts of the house. Then we realized our house had no phone in the kitchen! This was about 1988, before we had cell phones.

It felt like there was an old lady still living there saying this is my house, why are you living here?

Is it a coincidence that all "haunted houses" are just very old houses with poor insulation, lots of creaking, old structurally, etc?

I'd be more curious if someone was murdered in a brand new home and it suddenly gained the infamous "haunted" features.

Otherwise I'd chalk it up to old housery.

Is it a coincidence that all "haunted houses" are just very old houses with poor insulation, lots of creaking, old structurally, etc?

I'd be more curious if someone was murdered in a brand new home and it suddenly gained the infamous "haunted" features.

Nah man… lived in one where little fabric softener bottles were thrown around the laundry room, bag of aluminum cans poured into the floor except we didn’t have a bag of cans, dark shadows at night coming down the hall. I could go on but we bought another house and I’m trying to put all that in the past because nothing like that happens in this house.

If you haven't lived in a haunted house, you haven't experienced any of this stuff.

We did years ago in Canada. Closet doors rattling at night was pretty common. The most startling was an old-timey (dial) phone ringing in the kitchen during the day, and my wife and I came running in from different parts of the house. Then we realized our house had no phone in the kitchen! This was about 1988, before we had cell phones.

It felt like there was an old lady still living there saying this is my house, why are you living here?
Tell more…

Someone was tell me the other day that people in other countries think we are lunatics because we don't take off work for a full month every year. Italians, if not most Europeans take off the entire month of August. In China, the lunar new year celebration occurs in Jan/Feb and they take off the entire month. In the US we we take time off when we die or need joint replacement.
Def true. I have a lot of associates globally. All the Europeans...might as well not even email them mid-Summer.

I'm jealous. They definitely have the best middle ground. The complete opposite being Japan where you die in your office and they sweep you up at the end. Their mentality of being "lean" can be so extreme for the workers. Terrible way to spend your life

Nah man… lived in one where little fabric softener bottles were thrown around the laundry room, bag of aluminum cans poured into the floor except we didn’t have a bag of cans, dark shadows at night coming down the hall. I could go on but we bought another house and I’m trying to put all that in the past because nothing like that happens in this house.

Shadows can be explained. But a ghost that litters I cannot 🤣 Though maybe homeless/potential squatters.

My wife has all sorts of stories of lost socks or why the remote ended up where it did. But...she also forgets what she did half the time.

Idk I just think most things can be explained and if not, I'm still not sure about the ghost explanation. Might as well call it invisible alien beings or anything else and it would be just as plausible or unproven.

The idea of ghosts is interesting, such an old timey concept based on an old/pre-science concept of a "spirit" because before science people thought there must be something inside of our bodies that "enlivened" us or made our bodies "spirited". Ie why our bodies moved while alive. Also to explain why our bodies suddenly stopped moving at death...they figured something must have left our bodies. Of course now we know that's all mumbo jumbo and our brain, or cessation of brain activity, is the cause of all of it and the end of it. Similar to how humans thought some entity must have caused apples to be "thrown at the ground" from trees, when it was gravity all along. So idk as to what "vehicle" could explain a ghost. Very old idea with zero point zero reason behind it. But because it crossed over so many generations, the idea still exists, even though the idea behind it, the vehicle/post-bodily spirit like entity, has been proven not what it was thought and has zero basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: mritter
Def true. I have a lot of associates globally. All the Europeans...might as well not even email them mid-Summer.

I'm jealous. They definitely have the best middle ground. The complete opposite being Japan where you die in your office and they sweep you up at the end. Their mentality of being "lean" can be so extreme for the workers. Terrible way to spend your life

Yeah. We have several European suppliers and we have just become accustomed to making sure we have enough inventory to last us through their month off plus transit time.

All? No. Ghosts or earthbound spirits are real.

One thing you can always count on-- when there's talk of UT cruising to a new high, the team will cough up a hairball. About to make the playoffs-- football loses to awful, unranked SCAR. Top 5 in BB and talk of a 1 seed-- lost to hapless, unranked UK in TBA. Maybe the BaseVols can overcome this year.
Don't put that mojo on the baseball team-----last year was their best year ever and we all remember their last game

I will take this until he retires. He's building a quality brand in basketball. We're getting 1-and-dones annually. Our floor is so much higher than it was when he got here. We've got a generation of young talent with their eye on Knoxville as a possible destination. What Rick is doing is more important to Tennessee basketball than the number of SEC titles he wins or Finals Fours or Sweet 16s or whatever.

The amount of talent that's come through that program since he got here is insane. Obviously recruiting rankings aren't the end-all, but I remember how exciting it was when we got Jarnell Stokes. Jonas Aidoo has a higher ranking than Stokes did. Rick has landed 6 of the top 10 all-time recruits in UT history and we've been in the final 2 or 3 for several insanely talented guys like Banchero.

So, I'm not going to overreact to 1 loss to Kentucky and I'm not going to foolishly clamor for Barnes to be fired, like some do, when things don't go our way.
I think our one and done guys are hurting this team. Barnes is known for building teams that play together and stay within their roles. One and done players disrupt team chemistry. All you have to do is look at the Kentucky roster every year. All those guys leaving early for the NBA just may cost him his job.

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians------

Reactions: Glitch
Shadows can be explained. But a ghost that litters I cannot 🤣 Though maybe homeless/potential squatters.

My wife has all sorts of stories of lost socks or why the remote ended up where it did. But...she also forgets what she did half the time.

Idk I just think most things can be explained and if not, I'm still not sure about the ghost explanation. Might as well call it invisible alien beings or anything else and it would be just as plausible or unproven.

The idea of ghosts is interesting, such an old timey concept based on an old/pre-science concept of a "spirit" because before science people thought there must be something inside of our bodies that "enlivened" us or made our bodies "spirited". Ie why our bodies moved while alive. Also to explain why our bodies suddenly stopped moving at death...they figured something must have left our bodies. Of course now we know that's all mumbo jumbo and our brain, or cessation of brain activity, is the cause of all of it and the end of it. Similar to how humans thought some entity must have caused apples to be "thrown at the ground" from trees, when it was gravity all along. So idk as to what "vehicle" could explain a ghost. Very old idea with zero point zero reason behind it. But because it crossed over so many generations, the idea still exists, even though the idea behind it, the vehicle/post-bodily spirit like entity, has been proven not what it was thought and has zero basis.
When we first moved into that house my son would tell us he sees an old lady staring at him outside his bedroom door. He was only about 6 yrs old so we didn’t really believe him. Well one day he was around 15 yrs old and had a friend over of the same age. They were sitting on his bed and a blank stare came over his friend’s face. My son asked him what was wrong and he said there’s an old lady staring at me… they took off running upstairs to where we where at. That’s when all the strange stuff began.

We all despise Georgia. But that’s awful. Families have to deal with that today now.

What this should shoe is our compassion towards everyone else. We shouldn't hate people, we might hate the team but the person doesn't exemplify the sports team. Today we should all be saddened and hold our babies just a little longer. If this person has a go fund me, we should be like the Cincinnati Bengals and donate to his family. We should be true Volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back