Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the coaches are yelling at the ump like it was his fault.

Heads up by the other team to send the guy all the way around.

I’m guessing the disagreement was over the ump’s mixed calls or lack thereof. At first, the ump gives the strikeout signal. Then, on the missed tag, he signals safe. We can’t really hear audio. But the initial strikeout probably confused the players.

I umped years ago and was sure there is some signal. Just looked it up, and it looks like in little league, the ump is supposed to point his right arm and use his voice if the batter is out. In other videos, I saw where the ump can use the safe signal on a missed tag, but again, use his voice to declare if the batter is out. I think the initial signal (or maybe lack of a voice call) might have confused them.

The players should have still completed it just in case.

I've thought about that quite a bit. Not just voice, but images and video.

The age of simple visual or auditory fidelity is nearing an end. There won't be a simple "that's not me in the picture or the video" when it looks and sounds just like you. There will have to be something extra to create fidelity, for those that care.

The creation of fidelity for verification could be the novel use of the blockchain that we haven't found yet.

When is the last time uga has played at bama? I swear it takes over a decade for every sec member to play a home and home with every cross divisional member.
Birmingham protects those two from playing. I realized yesterday that the real reason Sankey is ditching divisions is that adding two western teams would push Bama into the eastern division. And since Aubie would go with them too, Sabey and Kirby would have no excuse not to play every year.

That being accomplished, Sabey has now turned his attention to not having to play Tennessee every year by lobbying for only 1 fixed rival opponent.

May 28, 1951..............Willie Mays fist Major League hit and HR.

The largest crowd of the season at the Polo Grounds, 23,101, saw rookie center-fielder Willie Mays get the first hit of his career off Boston's ace left-hander, Warren Spahn. After going hitless in his first 12 career at-bats, Mays broke the drought with a long shot that went over the roof in left field for his first major league hit.
D10QIMkU0AAzhd7.jpg

I use to live there for close to a year.

Not sure I like that.

They lost a bunch of games early on, but are 33-4 since, including a 10-2 whipping of Vandy in Nashville. 15-1 at home in their last 16 games, where we'd be playing them.

Tough regional, but I think any regional will be tough for this team if it isn't in Knoxville, so maybe moot. Pretty surprised we'd be the #1 2-seed. And the reward for escaping the regional is facing Wake Forest at their place 😂 Nice 😒

Birmingham protects those two from playing. I realized yesterday that the real reason Sankey is ditching divisions is that adding two western teams would push Bama into the eastern division. And since Aubie would go with them too, Sabey and Kirby would have no excuse not to play every year.

That being accomplished, Sabey has now turned his attention to not having to play Tennessee every year by lobbying for only 1 fixed rival opponent.
Uga has played in bama twice since 2007. Thats mind blowing. Most recent was 2020, I don’t recall that game, but twice in 16 years and counting is “interesting”

The creation of fidelity for verification could be the novel use of the blockchain that we haven't found yet.
I get the fidelity/verification portion of what you're saying as far as BC goes. Though how it could be applied to visual images or audio...sort of beyond me, if to be applied universally...

There's an answer, but not an answer many would like or would join. Which is why I could foresee a limited option for folks like politicians and celebrities that need fidelity for such things.

By the way, if GA wanted to play at Okie this year all they had to do is tell Sankey that they did. It was the future return trip that needed to be cancelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
🤯 the dude saying this stuff seems like a pretty smart/successful guy. . . PhD. . . professor in the Department of pathology - Stanford University 👀

I'm less interested in the argument's "authority" than the argument. The argument basically boils down to, "There are things we can't explain, so it's 100% aliens."

When you break it down, it's the same quote with a better (?) haircut.
06091a9b83ef5e4c5650f18623ad16af

Not sure I like that.

They lost a bunch of games early on, but are 33-4 since, including a 10-2 whipping of Vandy in Nashville. 15-1 at home in their last 16 games, where we'd be playing them.

Tough regional, but I think any regional will be tough for this team if it isn't in Knoxville, so maybe moot. Pretty surprised we'd be the #1 2-seed. And the reward for escaping the regional is facing Wake Forest at their place 😂 Nice 😒
Midweek games mean absolutely nothing… they scored the majority of their runs against a guy that would never see action in a weekend series. Our arms should be much more rested for this series if we do go to Indiana State… I think we will perform well this series and I think the road woes are a tad over stated…. We will see soon enough…. Go Vols!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back