Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I know you are kidding.... but I seriously wonder. He keeps doing stuff like this. He literally claimed to have watched another recruit's "film"...

I would need some serious proof to believe that he or D4H ever played a down of competitive football above the 8th grade. Even way back in the day, we watched and evaluated our film and the opponents' film for hours each week. I think "fans" like these guys watch highlight video and see a guy make a move and a big play... without knowing that the next team saw a tell or tendency making that move ineffective for the rest of the season.

Real film study reveals things that laymen like us cannot "see".
I’ve never claimed to be an NFL scout. I never said I watched a player’s “film” either. The only thing I’ve ever said regarding “film” is that if a player’s highlights are underwhelming the other 80% of their game likely isn’t very good. I just know a good prospect when I see one. There are things that are obvious and Cai’s ball skills are one of those obvious things. That’s all I praised him for as well. I didn’t say he was a future all american or the next Jalen Ramsey. Just that he had excellent ball skills. Now go on about your miserable life and just mute me on here if all you’re ever going to do is bash every post I put out

I think he thinks coaches only watch HUDL videos 😂
Absolutely not, but if a player’s HUDL is underwhelming the rest of their “film” is oftentimes going to be bad. I’ve bashed one eval on a player that this staff has made, and that was Cristian Conyer as a boundary or field corner. I think he’ll be great at the star though. That’s completely different than playing on the outside though. Which is where everyone swore he would end up. His entire senior highlights consists of him defending 5-6 passes. Even HS coaches from the bowling green area said they didn’t understand the hype around him

Reactions: swchandler1988
I’ve never claimed to be an NFL scout. I never said I watched a player’s “film” either. The only thing I’ve ever said regarding “film” is that if a player’s highlights are underwhelming the other 80% of their game likely isn’t very good. I just know a good prospect when I see one. There are things that are obvious and Cai’s ball skills are one of those obvious things. That’s all I praised him for as well. I didn’t say he was a future all american or the next Jalen Ramsey. Just that he had excellent ball skills. Now go on about your miserable life and just mute me on here if all you’re ever going to do is bash every post I put out

You conveniently didn’t include your playing (or coaching) background in your response. If you played beyond 8th grade, you can provide us your “film”, and we’ll evaluate and provide feedback.

You may also wish to apologize for calling me a liar several months ago, when I merely stated the Vols used <85 scholarships over the prior 2 seasons. That’s when I initially knew you were FOS, and you keep validating it!

Personally I can't lump LittleVol in that group. He seems to do things sometimes just to tweak people. The other two clowns seriously think they know something.
I can't see who you're replying to.

I guess that means they're not worth listening to. 🤣

LOL... you are such an arrogant clown.

No. You cannot "see it" by watching HIGHLIGHT videos. You do understand the difference between game film/video and highlight videos, right? You do understand why you cannot evaluate a player based on their HIGHLIGHTS, correct?

Seriously guy. You can fairly say the kid looks like a good prospect. You can respect the fact that the staff has evaluated him and is pursuing pretty hard. But stop acting like you have some ability to evaluate talent... even if you had the REAL video and evals.
I mean you kinda can lol. It’s called the eye test. Let’s be honest you don’t need 15 minutes plus of film to form a solid opinion on a player, as well as always needing justification from Bama and Ga offers. I mean look at Harrell. But Bama and Ga offered? I always thought he wasn’t that good. Chase Tyler doesn’t have the same type of offers and is gonna end up at Duke. He is better than Harrell Though and I don’t need to watch countless hours of film to know that lol. Jmo

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
I mean you kinda can lol. It’s called the eye test. Let’s be honest you don’t need 15 minutes plus of film to form a solid opinion on a player, as well as always needing justification from Bama and Ga offers. I mean look at Harrell. But Bama and Ga offered? I always thought he wasn’t that good. Chase Tyler doesn’t have the same type of offers and is gonna end up at Duke. He is better than Harrell Though and I don’t need to watch countless hours of film to know that lol. Jmo
Sorry you are that ill-informed. The people who really do evaluations on these recruits, mostly staffs and recruiting consultants, pour over hours of full game film. Some schools provide film from different angles. They will break a kid down on every play... not just the flashy ones.

If you were right then guys like Saban wouldn't have an edge. But they do. They can look at plays besides those 70 yard runs and actually "see it". There are literally thousands of kids across the country who could put together "5* highlight reels".

I’ve never claimed to be an NFL scout.
Yeah. You post like you know things that the rest of us don't or you've seen something we haven't.

I never said I watched a player’s “film” either. The only thing I’ve ever said regarding “film” is that if a player’s highlights are underwhelming the other 80% of their game likely isn’t very good.
Yes you have. And you are developing a habit of lying too.

I just know a good prospect when I see one.
LOL... so you are an "NFL scout". No you don't. If you did then someone would hire you because it really isn't as easy as some of you goobs think to evaluate a kid and accurately project how he will translate from HS to college. In fact, it is so difficult that those who do it well enough to win championships is a very, very small club. There a A LOT who do it much better than you... and get fired every year.

There are things that are obvious and Cai’s ball skills are one of those obvious things.
You... are a clown. Seriously. You've seen his highlight video. In that video he's playing against HS kids. Some of those schools aren't very good. Most of the players against him in those videos aren't D 1 prospects. No. You may "think" they're obvious... but you don't have that level of expertise.

That’s all I praised him for as well. I didn’t say he was a future all american or the next Jalen Ramsey.
Yeah. You proclaimed that it would be a huge failure by the staff because Carter was going to be "special". Why lie?

Just that he had excellent ball skills. Now go on about your miserable life and just mute me on here if all you’re ever going to do is bash every post I put out
No and no. I'm enjoying it and you deserve it. Stop acting like an arrogant <common pack animal> and I won't have anything to "bash". Otherwise you can take your drama queen act to your safe place and have yourself a good cry.

Just read an older article where he trimmed his list to 8.

Article read 'OT trims list to 8, Michigan leading the pack?'

The wacky backy in MI must be stickiest of the icky.
Prices have really came down there. Underrated state in that industry. Also pretty cool state in terms of nature/outdoor activities.

Prices have really came down there. Underrated state in that industry. Also pretty cool state in terms of nature/outdoor activities.
meh. I can go anywhere within 1 hour of my home and see deepest gorge east of MS, highest Mtn on eastern seaboard, catch a Brooktrout, Smallmouth, Musky, Pike, Walleye.

MI has steelhead, that's about it.

anyway, just thiught it was funny they thought theyd land him. Really think theyre going to land everyone.

meh. I can go anywhere within 1 hour of my home and see deepest gorge east of MS, highest Mtn on eastern seaboard, catch a Brooktrout, Smallmouth, Musky, Pike, Walleye.

anyway, just thiught it was funny they thought theyd land him. Really think theyre going to land everyone.
Its not the best state but it's really cool. I was trout fishing up in Traverse City earlier this year. All of the Lakes are really nice in the summer and the Sand Dunes are really cool. It just gets way too cold.

I’ve been to Idaho and Colorado and still like the fly fishing between Boone and Elizabethton the best. The world just doesn’t know.

VN Store

Back