Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Vols Orbit isn't an insider. He is a guy that runs a fanpage of Tennessee on Instagram. If you've read the Kam Fountain thread recently, you might know him. He's the dude that went after Fountain's mother in the comment section of the kid's commitment post bc the commitment rubbed him the wrong way.
and if anyone actually read what I said instead of going off of other people you would know what I said wasn’t bad at all😂.

Rate limits of what you view on Twitter now? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I’ve been on board with some of Musks changes and then others I’ve been scratching my head like, why?? Can’t even kill time catching up on my news on Twitter anymore.

Edit: seems temporary thankfully

Last edited:
Rate limits of what you view on Twitter now? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I’ve been on board with some of Musks changes and then others I’ve been scratching my head like, why?? Can’t even kill time catching up on my news on Twitter anymore.

Twitter has been good for news for so long. I’d always see news break on there before it hits the airwaves

Lists bro
Do you even do them?
Twitter reached record views yesterday

Reactions: knoxvol52
mits of what you view on Twitter now? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I’ve been on board with some of Musks changes and then others I’ve been scratching my head like, why?? Can’t even kill time catching up on my news on Twitter anymore.

I thought it was just for people viewing without an account. Is that for people using an account to view?

Some reports saying what's been happening last 24 hours is a bug. Idk. Tifwiw

Reactions: Brillovol
Lists bro
Do you even do them?
Twitter reached record views yesterday
Lists are great. I’ve organized a few and followed others. That’s one in the box of things I like that he did. They aren’t absolved of this issue either though. Rate limits also are affect tweeting right now. If the people in your list are on a rate limit freeze and can’t tweet… that’s limited tweets in your list.

I just saw that this is temporary though. Hope that’s true.

View attachment 560341

So much for twitter as a source for sports news, rumors, talk, whatever else

The reason there is so much data scraping right now is because the updated Twitter API pricing is so expensive. He had to change the pricing and limit the free versions to make some money, so hard to blame him too much, but restricting the API created this. No more Twitter bots on applications like Discord and things like that means people are trying to circumvent the system and scrape for free. It’s incredibly easy to set that up. Also explains the record views yesterday, if that was real. If you have scrapers going every minute to aggregate, tweets will be “viewed” way more than one time because of that.

Reactions: Brillovol
Throttling Twitter for all users is a pretty wild decision. Bot detection is a challenge but it isn't impossible. Feels like they went straight for the nuclear option.

Throttling Twitter for all users is a pretty wild decision. Bot detection is a challenge but it isn't impossible. Feels like they went straight for the nuclear option.

Scraping is impossible to stop completely, and is challenging like you said, but I was on Twitter a good bit yesterday because of NBA free agency and soccer transfer news and I didn’t notice any slow down or weird behavior. Obviously they saw something different but yeah, seems like an extreme measure to take.

Is Freak actually Elon? My post of the tweet criticizing Elon just got deleted for language but there was no foul language

Scraping is impossible to stop completely, and is challenging like you said, but I was on Twitter a good bit yesterday because of NBA free agency and soccer transfer news and I didn’t notice any slow down or weird behavior. Obviously they saw something different but yeah, seems like an extreme measure to take.

Ok here’s the tweet I was referencing. Again, way over my head but

IMG_6029.jpeg

IMG_6030.png

Oh. It’s been entertaining at least.

Was that what you were going to holler at me about on Twitter?
yes. Look at his posts in the Francis mouigoa or whatever his name is thread. Also will Norman. But totally claims to know too much aviht every target. Suspect to say the least

Reactions: ionaVOL
yes. Look at his posts in the Francis mouigoa or whatever his name is thread. Also will Norman. But totally claims to know too much aviht every target. Suspect to say the least
I’ll check err out.

Yo let me apologize for all my ******** over the last couple years. I’m sorry dude.

I just want you to know I did have a friend that was doing stats for the baseball team. He told me what he heard from time to time, guess I exaggerated it a bit lol

VN Store

Back