Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

The Patriot Act, along with the NSA says✌🏻

I'm all for taking them to court and changing the law. I opposed the Patriot Act when the country was in a rush to sell its soul for safety and still do now that others have come around to my pov on it. I'm just not going to throw out every piece of tech I own. That would change absolutely nothing and make my life measurably worse.

It's funny when a someone exposes an "insider"

Others take it personally like you insulted their mother. Gullable time after time
So what if we're gullible? It doesn't hurt me in any way. I think it's hilarious that people think it's their duty to show everyone how smart they are and are not fooled.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Anybody microdose psilocybin? I may have been talked into it today.

Well was it actually a microdose? In all seriousness, some of the studies have shown real gains for people with various issues but that's all been in closed environments and right now the science is still 'jury's still out,' on it because there have been mixed results with various studies. Just be careful with it because it may not be entirely risk free (nothing usually is).

Only view so many tweets per day so for the dedicated Twitter individuals be very selective. They are saying to much tweet viewers need to be outside lol...

So what if we're gullible? It doesn't hurt me in any way. I think it's hilarious that people think it's their duty to show everyone how smart they are and are not fooled.

I could come on here with a new user name and say " I'm hearing good things here" in Matthews or Jefferson's thread and the same posters would follow me like I'm cult leader. I'm talking about long time posters who should know better. Fool me once....

Notice the "insiders" always say good things about the recruits that UT has a good shot with or leaning UT. They really go out on a limb.

I'm not trying to come off smarter. Believe me I'm not. I'm going off past history when it comes to insiders

An article about the loss of the extended family model in the US, in favor of nuclear family model. Good for some parents, especially upper class career-focused individuals. Not great for kids and overall family structure and support.

Basically old folks - go to nursing home. Move away from all other family for career. No grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc around for additional support for children and advice. While not uniquely American, it's also something you see far less of in other cultures - many South American and Asian cutltures come to mind as being more multigenerationally bound.

Part of the example was from the movie Avalon:

Screenshot_20230702_110059.jpgScreenshot_20230702_110120.jpg

An article about the loss of the extended family model in the US, in favor of nuclear family model. Good for some parents, especially upper class career-focused individuals. Not great for kids and overall family structure and support.

Basically old folks - go to nursing home. Move away from all other family for career. No grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc around for additional support for children and advice. While not uniquely American, it's also something you see far less of in other cultures - many South American and Asian cutltures come to mind as being more multigenerationally bound.

View attachment 560507View attachment 560508

I’m from South Appalachia, so grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins are still part of nuclear family to me. Nuclear family remains the most effective form of government, and the most stable and safest environment for raising children. This is more than a social construct, it transcends societies and has numerous natural benefits. This does not mean that such arrangements are the only way to effectively raise children or families, but any efforts to disrupt the nuclear family or curtail the natural benefits are unnatural and pure evil.

Last edited:

View attachment 560507View attachment 560508

I moved back to East TN after having my first child just to be near my mom, brother, and other extended family. I don't see my extended family much but it's good to know they are near me.

It blows my mind how many people are raising kids with zero family on either side near them. And it's a very common scenario. The mom and dad move away for college, then move again for work. They meet in their new city and put down roots there and start their family. Meanwhile one extended family is on one coast and the other extended family is on the other coast. Kids are raised seeing family members outside of their parents 2-3 times a year at most. I know one couple who lives in Denver with one set of grandparents in CA and the other in FL.

There's definitely value in not just living near your extended family as an adult, but also in marrying/having kids with someone whose extended family is nearby as well. That's the stuff no one tells you when you're in your 20s and wanting to live in a city and experience that part of life (assuming you want to eventually have kids).

VN Store

Back