Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Comparing it to not only our own past. It's only changed in recent generations.

And also compared to other cultures across the globe and some subcultures here in America itself when multigenerational families tend to live together or side-by-side, rather than tending toward decentralized families like we have had the past few generations.
Yes, I like my clan as close as possible and think it’s a good thing. But the nuclear family is also good. The clan is just a bunch of nuclear families. Why are intellectuals trying to make the nuclear family a bad thing now? You can say it is better for nuclear families to stay closer to extended family without attacking the nuclear family itself.

I’m from South Appalachia, so grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins are still part of nuclear family to me. Nuclear family remains the most effective form of government, and the most stable and safest environment for raising children. This is more than a social construct, it transcends societies and has numerous natural benefits. This does not mean that such arrangements are the only way to effectively raise children or families, but any efforts to disrupt the nuclear family or curtail the natural benefits are unnatural and pure evil.
Yeah...when I think of nuclear family I have always thought it meant the whole family..that is the ways ours is.

Screw it, jump in the deep end and travel to Peru to try Ayahuasca.
I've watched so many accounts of DMT, Ayahuasca, etc. The experience sounds absolutely insane and inspirational. I'd like to avoid puking and sh**ting all over myself to achieve it though lol

Can we keep the dog fart convo out of this thread? It'll take real commitment from some of you. You know who you are.

giphy.gif

Why are we allowed to be fathers, when we clearly never grew up? lol
🤔🤔🤔🤔 Maybe just afraid of growing old it sucks trying to do things that were no problem 25 or 30 years ago. I was a good father just a sucky husband the job was priority over the wife.

great question ... ive been told im no longer allowed to good game the wife. its like breathing air.

Mrs. Glitch's love language is me never ever under any circumstances giving her a good game. If I can refrain from doing that then I can generally stay in her good graces. I have set the bar really low. lol

I needs to learn the love languages.

It really is incredibly helpful to know how to speak your significant's love language. You can be trying so hard to show love but if you are using gifts when what they really want is kind encouraging words then they may not feel as loved as you think you are loving them.

🤔🤔🤔🤔 Maybe just afraid of growing old it sucks trying to do things that were no problem 25 or 30 years ago. I was a good father just a sucky husband the job was priority over the wife.

Really not bragging but my wife tells me about how she will be talking with a group of ladies who will be discussing their husbands and how they don't help around the house or don't do this or that. Then they ask her about me and she's like, "My husband is wonderful. He cooks dinner if I need him to. He helps around the house. He takes the kids when I have something going on."
Step up your game men.

Really not bragging but my wife tells me about how she will be talking with a group of ladies who will be discussing their husbands and how they don't help around the house or don't do this or that. Then they ask her about me and she's like, "My husband is wonderful. He cooks dinner if I need him to. He helps around the house. He takes the kids when I have something going on."
Step up your game men.
word up.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Step up your game men.

My wife is recovering from cervical spine surgery, which has left her somewhat disabled. I've been forced to cook, clean, laundry, dishes, as well as help her bathe, dress, etc. It only took 38 years, but I'm there now. It's a little overwhelming, but I'm becoming a better person for it. I regret it taking this to actually become that guy, but better late than never.

Step up your game men.
I love my kids and grandkids like no other but honestly I was meant to be alone,my job was 12 to 14 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week. The women I see now doesn't even live with me I told her we wouldn't last I love me to much not using a pun either.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I love my kids and grandkids like no other but honestly I was meant to be alone,my job was 12 to 14 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week. The women I see now doesn't even live with me I told her we wouldn't last I love me to much not using a pun either.

To each their own, but that sounds awful to me. Best part of my day is hanging out with my wife. I enjoy my job, but 8-10 hours 5 days a week is plenty for me.

Reactions: SSVol and knoxvol52

VN Store

Back