Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Seriously doubt Kirby Smart is reading this. And we know Vince Marrow can’t read anything.

I post my opinions. I’ve been posting here for 14 years now. Y’all want to think I’m a troll, so be it. I’m a season ticket holder, donor and vol club member. I’m more of a fan than most of you. Just because I don’t pump sunshine at every turn doesn’t make me a troll.

We’ve failed to close at the last minute for many kids this cycle we led for a while. It’s alarming. But turn a blind eye to it if you will.
How do you come to a assumption you're more of a fan,I'm just wondering what are the factors your assuming this on so I can see where I stand as a fan....

Reactions: butchna
Seriously doubt Kirby Smart is reading this. And we know Vince Marrow can’t read anything.

I post my opinions. I’ve been posting here for 14 years now. Y’all want to think I’m a troll, so be it. I’m a season ticket holder, donor and vol club member. I’m more of a fan than most of you. Just because I don’t pump sunshine at every turn doesn’t make me a troll.

We’ve failed to close at the last minute for many kids this cycle we led for a while. It’s alarming. But turn a blind eye to it if you will.
Nah, it's comments like this that make you a troll.

You should seriously consider no longer subscribing to and/or reading comments from recruiting services and the Volquest media. For some reason, you are under the delusion that they are 100% accurate in their comments. You will assess our recruiting results much more favorably when you haven't bought the media BS that we were at one time leading in the recruitment for half of the "5-star" kids in the nation.

Reactions: KptVFL and bignewt

Is it alarming that the "staff can't close"

or

is it alarming the recruiting site insiders people pay to listen to have just been plain wrong?

I vote for the latter.

Is it alarming that the "staff can't close"

or

is it alarming the recruiting site insiders people pay to listen to have just been plain wrong?

I vote for the latter.
Trout spend their lives swimming in circles, often feeding only the crap off the bottom, or what floats past their googly eyes, attached to side of their faces.

Hubbs and Price.

In "reality", even by the numbers used by the recruiting sites the Vol's current class is well within the margin of error.

247 shows UGA at #1 with a 93.62 average recruit score. UT is 10th with a 91.25 average score. That's just a tad over 2% difference. They don't have to overrate or underrate too many players to nullify that difference.

I'm not one who swallows these subjective rankings like you and others. Still, the best way to use them is to look at the average score or average stars on Rivals. If you rank the teams on that basis using 247's numbers then UT is 8th and .57 behind USC ranked 4th. Predictably, UGA, Bama, and OSU are 1-3 with average scores over 93. The legitimate question there is how much of a bump their commits get simply for being targeted by the current top 3 programs.

On3 is very similar with UT at #7 .34 points behind UF at #4.

IMHO, a lot of people are sleeping on Carson Gentle. He's athletic. As a wrestler, he has above average flexibility. He is tenacious.

UT is recruiting well enough RIGHT NOW to compete with anyone going forward. They need to string some classes together... but they're "close enough" with regard to recruiting site scoring. Only two of UT's commits, Gentle and Perry are not rated 4* by one of the 4 sources. So is that a matter of those giving 4* being wrong or those who didn't give them not carefully evaluating?

The sky is not falling. Calm down.

I never read your war and peace novel responses.

I never said that....

Well, you did make a thread titled “Jeremy Banks Day 1 Pick?” which naturally leads many of us to believe that you must have seen it as somewhat of a possibility that he could go early in the draft which was crazy given all of his off the field issues and the fact that he wasn’t without limitations on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back