Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Shout out to California, I know it's the land of fruits and nuts but it's horrible for anyone to go through things like a natural disasters... So prayers up for those individuals and last time I checked there were fruits and nuts in every state.....😉😉😉😉😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange_Crush
As soon as I saw your screen name........my brain went here..............:oops:

Daisy_Dukes.jpg

Mmmm......my first true love.

I didn’t watch the stream. How many started to ftfo when he grabbed that Florida hat?

This is obviously massive. I wondered when Heupel was hired if they’d take defense seriously here or just try to outscore everybody. Seems like that’s been answered a few times over in recruiting.
There’s almost an energy of the defense screaming AT the offense “Get us the ball back!” When you start packing the roster with wave after wave of young, hungry athletes, snaps are desired. I believe there was a grand design all along and it really hasn’t taken that long to achieve. Heupel won a NC under Bob Stoops and he’s perfectly aware that the Sooner defense was the difference. He hired coaches he trusted and gives them the necessary feedback from the HC perspective and helps close recruits. After that he doesn’t micromanage. Which hasn’t been a quality in our regimes dating back to Fulmer.

There’s almost an energy of the defense screaming AT the offense “Get us the ball back!” When you start packing the roster with wave after wave of young, hungry athletes, snaps are desired. I believe there was a grand design all along and it really hasn’t taken that long to achieve. Heupel won a NC under Bob Stoops and he’s perfectly aware that the Sooner defense was the difference. He hired coaches he trusted and gives them the necessary feedback from the HC perspective and helps close recruits. After that he doesn’t micromanage. Which hasn’t been a quality in our regimes dating back to Fulmer.
Obviously meant to post that in the Ross thread. I'm still half asleep.

But agreed, it seems to be a conscious strategy by the staff. I think they want elite prospects on the edge and have confidence in Garner to develop blue-collar type interior guys out of athletic but somewhat unpolished guys like Heard or Smith. Not that they wouldn't take a blue chip interior guy, it just hasn't materialized yet in this class for whatever reason. If we get Smith, Lindstrom slides inside, and a guy or two distinguishes himself in senior season, I have every confidence RG will build a functional unit out of that.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back