Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

No, one of my employees is in the reserves and they are going up. They are going on their own. He told me they had about 30 so I bought hotdogs, chili, buns, and mustard to feed his crew. Tells me this morning that his crew has grown to 50. He said not to worry. They are taking the stuff for me.

I thought about pulling my bobcat up there to see if I could be of some use but im not in a position to do that right now and from what I've heard about the government intervening with private people trying to help, I probably wouldn't go anyway. I don't have much patience for government stupidity so I'd probably end up in jail when I went @Ulysees E. McGill on them.
Do you have a venmo or PayPal account? I'd like to send you some money for food.

My friend in Roan Mountain messaged me today, they are starting to clear Burnsville, Bakersville areas. Also says ppl are starting to take negative advantage of the handouts.

Worked at a relief center near Telford yesterday. I didn't encounter them, but those who did had little good to say about FEMA.

The Jackson Bridge survived, but the road washed out rendering it difficult to use. Word was a group of Mennonites came in and rebuilt the road, which I assume meant clearing debris and putting down gravel. Shortly after that FEMA ran them off. Don't think that set well with some of the locals.

Although in fairness, there are often complications. The bridge had to be closed while they cleared the debris that was piled against it to retrieve a body. Local help is greatly helpful, until it isn't.

But like Reagan said "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'".
It's sad and I work for the govt. I was in Roan Mountain a couple days this week helping family and friends and will be in Greene County tomorrow.

Do you have a venmo or PayPal account? I'd like to send you some money for food.

My friend in Roan Mountain messaged me today, they are starting to clear Burnsville, Bakersville areas. Also says ppl are starting to take negative advantage of the handouts.
That's very kind. I have cashap but that's it. They are leaving though before I could go get stuff. My gut is that this won't be a one time deal. I'll let you know next week if they are going back and if they are we can pool some VNRF bucks to send their way.

I spoke with him and they plan on going back each weekend for the foreseeable future. He's going to get a better idea as to what's needed and let me know when he's back on Monday.

I understand I've been a little snappy this past week but I guess this flooding got to me more than I realized. Having family living in both N.C. and Cosby and Newport area really hit home. So I apologize for being an @$$ but I will never apologize for loving the area I grew up in. For every piece of crap person as some individuals think lives in Cocke County, there's 5 good individuals around the corner.

So accept the apology or not it's up to you.

As always Go Vols.

Hopefully some good comes from this and people open their eyes…this failed administration without admitting it has drained the “United States” FEMA accounts giving relief to Haiti immigrants and bringing them here..turning their backs on the people they demand tax dollars from Everyday.so that they can run the country and use it how they see fit…

which is fine but come tax time leave my money the hell alone if that’s how it’s going to be used.not factoring in how their threatening to arrest US citizens for trying to help during this disaster just because they F***ked up and donations are being confiscated on top of that.
it’s sad I’ve never seen so much chaos within the states in my entire life…this election is so so important for us and the next generation.

I’m so nervous…this administration does not give a damn about us and they’re all lobbyists to the Middle East..sleeping with the enemy on the brink of another war…nobody knows this but two of my friends who are currently serving in the military will be shipped to a holding point in Kuwait because 40 thousand jihads showed up out of nowhere meanwhile Israel is taking rockets daily and the iron dome isn’t stopping them…it’s all around BAD! so prepare yourself for anything

Probably be there before the government. 😅
Weekend At Bernies GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

What happen??
I just posted an extremely appreciative reply to InVOLuntarys post about the amazing leadership of this country and the beautiful, enlightened, tolerant, loving, righteous, virtuous, AMAZINGLY brilliant thinkers that voted them in..🤷‍♂️

And then I deleted it..

I just posted an extremely appreciative reply to InVOLuntarys post about the amazing leadership of this country and the beautiful, enlightened, tolerant, loving, righteous, virtuous, AMAZINGLY brilliant thinkers that voted them in..🤷‍♂️

And then I deleted it..
1728080854077.png

VN Store

Back