Rep Massie posts gun photo

I dont really care about his photo other than my previous statement that its goofy, but that's nonsense. He didn't send a Christmas card to family, he's a congressman who put it on his Twitter page. He inserted the family photo into the outside world. When you post something publicly on social media, you invite a response.
And I am responding to the responses on here.

I am not saying people are wrong for reacting or even responding to him. Just pointing out with how far they are stretching on this it's a little ridiculous to assume he should change anything.

The fact you have to put emphasis on "semiautomatic" is funny. That type (in many iterations) is, and for some time now has been, the most popular type sold.
It's such a watchword for them. No attempt to understand it or the implications of it. In this case the assumption that semis are more dangerous than the average, considering they are the average.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Letting your minor children hold semiautomatic weapons is an "important value"? That's just sad.

Yes. Children should be taught self defense. Given so many on the left claim we live in a rape culture, I thought you’d want that young woman to know how to defend herself

It's such a watchword for them. No attempt to understand it or the implications of it. In this case the assumption that semis are more dangerous than the average, considering they are the average.

It really is kind of a red flag that you're dealing with someone ignorant of the subject matter. The semi has been popular for many, many years and is utterly ubiquitous at this point. Hell, I learned to shoot with a Ruger MKI pistol and Marlin Model 60 rifle...and that was far from recent. Had an 1100 shotgun when younger than anyone in that photo.

Then people who don't agree with that cause are welcome to comment and disagree.

You think that’s the issue here? That we don’t think you should be able to express your opinion or that we think your opinion is just useless, partisan whining for no real reason?

The fact you have to put emphasis on "semiautomatic" is funny. That type (in many iterations) is, and for some time now has been, the most popular type sold.

It’s the only word dims know about guns even though the M60 is fully automatic. Hell they make semiautomatic Nerf guns.

That's why everyone hated my solution.
Define semi as the capability to fire more than x rounds in y seconds.
You could even have more than one category.
Cat 1. Less than x rounds in y seconds
Cat 2. Between x and z rounds in y seconds
Cat 3. More than z rounds in y seconds.

I don't see why anyone would have an issue with that - (just kidding, I know)

So you want to change the definition, an actual definition that describes the action of the firearm to some made up bull?

This is how you try to circumvent Louder's observation? There is a hard definition of "semi-auto" that is inextricably embedded in the mechanism. People "hated" your solution because it doesn't solve anything. Something is mechanically a semi-auto action type or it isn't.

Lol. Your definition is completely ignorant because it’s all based on how fast someone call pull the trigger repeatedly. Maybe you can push for a law so everyone has to count “Mississippi’s” before firing another shot. 🤣😂

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Lol. Your definition is completely ignorant because it’s all based on how fast someone call pull the trigger repeatedly. Maybe you can push for a law so everyone has to count “Mississippi’s” before firing another shot. 🤣😂

Changing the definition would make it easier to ban. That's all he really wants.

We already have definitions for semiautomatic and automatic that make a lot more sense than this.

Do you have issues with semiautomatic weapons? If so why?

You think that’s the issue here? That we don’t think you should be able to express your opinion or that we think your opinion is just useless, partisan whining for no real reason?
Like I said my only issue is that it's a weird Christmas photo.

It really is kind of a red flag that you're dealing with someone ignorant of the subject matter. The semi has been popular for many, many years and is utterly ubiquitous at this point. Hell, I learned to shoot with a Ruger MKI pistol and Marlin Model 60 rifle...and that was far from recent. Had an 1100 shotgun when younger than anyone in that photo.
They are so ignorant they dont know what they dont know. And they are so cocksure they dont bother to try knowing.

And what's worse is they are proud of this largely self inflicted, self maintained ignorance.

So you want to change the definition, an actual definition that describes the action of the firearm to some made up bull?
Why would that be made up bull and why would that information be bad for the public?

I think people are more interested in fire rate.
What's wrong with also classifying guns that way?

With semiautomatics it's dependent on the operator. X person may not be able to fire as fast as y person.

VN Store

Back