Richmond is taking down Confederate statues: Is this the end for other Confederate memorials?

Actually, the model for Lady Liberty was an Arab Muslim. Might help her to stick around a little longer. Not that she's going anywhere, anyway.
They haven’t taken aim at her yet. Don’t be so certain in such mind blowing times

Hell yes, I had 8 ancestors fight for Southern freedom and I take pride in that.

Southern freedom = you believe in slavery.

Actually they were traitors and should have been hung as the scum they were. Oh yeah, they also got their asses kicked. Completely.

Have had this argument before. Read a book written by the a man named Pollard written shortly after the war. He was the editor of the main Richmond paper and the book even has some of his editorials. It is called "The Southern History of the War."

It's clear that it was all about slavery, especially from the southern perspective.

Try reading a little.

Actually they were traitors and should have been hung as the scum they were. Oh yeah, they also got their asses kicked. Completely.
Just like the Indians amirite and that John Brown psycho

Happy Birthday to Confederate Brigadier General Lucius Polk. Born July 10, 1833.

At the Battle of Shiloh he was wounded in the face. Polk took part in fighting at Stone's River, Chickamauga, Chatanooga, and the Atlanta campaign. In June 1864 Polk was severely wounded (his fourth) at the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, and was honorably discharged from the army.

Except there was no treason other than against individual states. Even a Reconstruction Supreme Court said so (edit - that there was no treason by the South). It was Lincoln who scrapped the Constitution, not those who seceded.
About that complete ass kicking, you may want to look at casualty figures and consider comparative capacity to wage war.

Clingmans Dome name change on Tribal Council's radar

The mountain was renamed after Confederate General Thomas Lanier Clingman, who is said to be the first person to accurately measure the peak’s elevation. The eastern Cherokee see this history from another perspective.
. . .
The resolution goes on to state how the renaming of the mountain to Clingmans Dome was racist and should be corrected, due to Clingman’s ties to the Confederacy and his arguing against anti-slavery efforts on the Senate floor in January 1860 and Guyot’s ties to”scientific racism.”

“The history of the renaming of Kuwahi to ‘Clingmans Dome’ shows that… action was disrespectful to Cherokee people, culture, history, and tradition.”

Except there was no treason other than against individual states. Even a Reconstruction Supreme Court said so (edit - that there was no treason by the South). It was Lincoln who scrapped the Constitution, not those who seceded.
About that complete ass kicking, you may want to look at casualty figures and consider comparative capacity to wage war.
They also conveniently leave out the fact that Kentucky and Delaware were still slave states when the Civil War started.

Horton Foote, a Southern historian out of Memphis, said it best, "The North fought the war with one hand tied behind its back."

When you are under complete military occupation, you've received a complete ass kicking.

Please, trying to say this wasn't treason is a joke. Don't care about some random holding. The members of the Southern leadership and every member of the US military who left to fight for the South should have all been hung.

Horton Foote, a Southern historian out of Memphis, said it best, "The North fought the war with one hand tied behind its back."

When you are under complete military occupation, you've received a complete ass kicking.

Please, trying to say this wasn't treason is a joke. Don't care about some random holding. The members of the Southern leadership and every member of the US military who left to fight for the South should have all been hung.

The southern states seceded from the union and many of the officers from those states resigned their commissions, not in an attempt to overthrow the US government but to form a new nation. That is not treason by any stretch of the imagination. They didn't attack the US or work to overthrow the government, they just wanted out.

Did you make up the southern historian out of Memphis, that you named Horton Foote?

I'll place my knapsack on my back
My rifle on my soldier
I'll march away to the firing line
To kill that Yankee soldier

I'll bid farewell to my wife and child
And to my aged mother
And go and join in the bloody strife
Till this cruel war is over

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

VN Store

Back