RIP Phil Valentine

He could have easily died even with the shot. It’s not a vaccine.
Well he regretted not taking it.

“Valentine's brother said Phil regretted not being more pro-vaccine and wrote if he got back on the radio he would encourage people to get vaccinated.”

He didn’t get that chance.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Sorry, unlike @NorthDallas40 I don't stalk posters and know every move they've ever made in this forum.

Based on our interactions in the past and comments I've seen you make, I have a general idea of your stances. I'm glad you've gotten vaccinated, it's the safe, smart, and right thing to do. More people should follow that example. People have the liberty to make whatever vaccination choice they want, but by and large I don't think the people who aren't getting vaccinated realize they are setting themselves or their loved ones up for serious illness or death until it's too late.

Hopefully Phil Valentine serves as a lesson for them.
It’s the assumptions you make that make you appear as a fool.

I’m going on vacation in about a week and a half.
I canceled the flight as there’s data that indicates getting on an airplane dramatically increases your chance of breakthrough infection. So we will drive 14 hours to New York. Driving 14 hours isn’t without risk but in my mind it’s the better alternative. Others are free to disagree.

I’m going on vacation in about a week and a half.
I canceled the flight as there’s data that indicates getting on an airplane dramatically increases your chance of breakthrough infection. So we will drive 14 hours to New York. Driving 14 hours isn’t without risk but in my mind it’s the better alternative. Others are free to disagree.
I took my first business trip in about 16 months a couple of weeks ago. It was only Huntsville, AL so I drove it. And I told the company just plan around my travel time as there’s no way in hell I’m getting on an airplane right now. That’s called managing my own health situation. Which is what all people should be doing.

Yes. Thinking I already went through it and survived. You ready to face whatever may come from receiving the vaccine? I don’t think you understand the imaginary safety net you think you have under you is chock full of question marks that even experts can’t answer for another several years. We’ve seen some reactions to the vaccine that aren’t great. That’s just the first 8 months.

This all day. Personally I'm vaccinated but I think I had covid early on but wasn't diagnosed. People are impacted differently. I do think it's wise to get the vaccination but I am mixed when it comes to kids. This vaccine is only emergency approved. We don't know what the long term effects are and what it does to reproduction or other things. Especially considering the low mortality rate. I will cross that bridge when it's time.

I took my first business trip in about 16 months a couple of weeks ago. It was only Huntsville, AL so I drove it. And I told the company just plan around my travel time as there’s no way in hell I’m getting on an airplane right now. That’s called managing my own health situation. Which is what all people should be doing.

My wife flys to OKC about every other week, I drive for any business trip within a 10-12 hour drive.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

So if you and I both have wells that tap into the same aquifer, do you still believe what you do on your land and what I do on my land are both completely up to us and the other person shouldn't have a say on what goes into the ground water. I mean, hey, if you wanna open a pig farm on your property, I'm always free to go out and buy bottled water, right?

Reactions: StanfordVol
So if you and I both have wells that tap into the same aquifer, do you still believe what you do on your land and what I do on my land are both completely up to us and the other person shouldn't have a say on what goes into the ground water. I mean, hey, if you wanna open a pig farm on your property, I'm always free to go out and buy bottled water, right?
Yep.

I only “stalk” you to openly mock your stupidity. It’s a bit of my own personal schadenfreude you litter box cast off.

And you can’t claim stalking when you @ me bozo 🤡
Keep it up. It's a good look that I'm sure has earned you a plethora of internet street cred.

See, this is a wicked analogy that EL is creating here. Each situation calls for a resolution. We live in a complicated world, folks. There is no one size fits all solution for every incident.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Before I stopped listening to talk radio, I listened to Phil a lot. He was upbeat especially for a political show.
His death shakes me up. I wonder will anyone be able to provide explanation on why it is mild for some and terminal for others.
@bamawriter brought it up a few days ago and it was something that I had seen mentioned earlier this year. But there seems to be a correlation between blood type and severity of reaction to the virus.

Reactions: McDad

This is what I was getting at--if the newspapers weren't covering the outbreak because of outright censorship? Or a voluntary "rally around the flag" decision by editors?

Not a very satisfying answer here.
A little over a year later, it passed the 1918 Sedition Act, which made it a crime to say anything the government perceived as harming the country or the war effort. Again, it’s difficult to know the extent to which the government may have used this to silence reports of the flu, or the extent to which newspapers self-censored for fear of retribution. Whatever the motivation, some U.S. newspapers downplayed the risk of the flu or the extent of its spread.

Before I stopped listening to talk radio, I listened to Phil a lot. He was upbeat especially for a political show.
His death shakes me up. I wonder will anyone be able to provide explanation on why it is mild for some and terminal for others.

That’s something I can’t wrap my head around. Down the road from us there’s this chick my wife is friends with and if she doesn’t weigh 300lbs I’ll eat my hat. She and her kid who runs CC currently have covid, she’s pretty much fine and apparently he’s having issues.

Nothing about this virus makes sense.

See, this is a wicked analogy that EL is creating here. Each situation calls for a resolution. We live in a complicated world, folks. There is no one size fits all solution for every incident.
It’s a stupid analogy and why I just gave her a one word answer. I’m not biting on the stink bait.

To accept the analogy as presented means you accept that the shared resource which directly results in common outcomes for both parties applies to COVID without a reasonable means of mitigating your circumstances (buy bottled water). It’s absolutely hyperbolic stupidity just like her other analogies. I’m not impacted directly by your health management decisions. I can manage my own situation

I think this virus was engineered and the nonsensical way it affects people has gotten me to wonder if it was engineered to attack a certain genetic marker.

I think this virus was engineered and the nonsensical way it affects people has gotten me to wonder if it was engineered to attack a certain genetic marker.
I don’t know if it was lab created but I absolutely believe it was lab released. No idea if intentional or not and I lean towards lab enhanced.

VN Store

Back