Rob Preston(athens Chamber of Commerce President) cries to the Times Free Press

Is he the current coach who's considered an enemy of our program?

So, it can be a bammer, just not a current bammer.

I see.

The current bammer speaking, in athens, tn, mind you, might affect the balance of power in the sec and life as we know it in general.

When someone can explain how this helps Alabama or hurts Tennessee, I'll reconsider the ridiculousness of this.

Reactions: 2 people
Everyone who is traveling up I-75 to Knoxville this Sat for the O&W Game, be sure you stop in Chattanooga, Cleveland, Sweetwater or Lenoir City for gas & food. BOYCOTT ATHENS!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone who is traveling up I-75 to Knoxville this Sat for the O&W Game, be sure you stop in Chattanooga, Cleveland, Sweetwater or Lenoir City for gas & food. BOYCOTT ATHENS!!!!

Do you normally stop in Athens?

I'm chiming in because I find the level of anger from some to be astounding.

How many people even live in Athens, TN?

You find our anger astounding because being the typical Florida fan you are you don't understand what it is like to be truly passionate for your state and the team that represents it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You find our anger astounding because being the typical Florida fan you are you don't understand what it is like to be truly passionate for your state and the team that represents it.

I live down here and these Gator fans are pretty passionate about their teams. Not more than UT or Bama, but I'd say they understand.

You say you're passionate for your state, do you have a lot of passion for Memphis? Just sayin'. Most people from East TN could give 2 sharts about Memphis. I lived in East TN for 25 years and went to Memphis once...for the '86 Liberty Bowl.

I live down here and these Gator fans are pretty passionate about their teams. Not more than UT or Bama, but I'd say they understand.

You say you're passionate for your state, do you have a lot of passion for Memphis? Just sayin'. Most people from East TN could give 2 sharts about Memphis. I lived in East TN for 25 years and went to Memphis once...for the '86 Liberty Bowl.

Yes, I do include Memphis because I stayed there for three years fighting for my life. If it was not for Memphis and St. Jude's hospital I would not be alive today. Which is just one more example of how great a state we live in.

I'm from Athens....born and raised....there are actually a lot of Bama fans that live there....I have a lot of friends who are and have been since we were little kids....they aren't bandwagon fans....prob around 25-35k I would imagine is the population....and about 75-85% could care less about Satan showing up....people need to chill....

If you don't like it, don't go, boycott Athens, whatever...but don't threaten physical violence.

Just wish we didn't sound like a bunch of butt hurt losers that wish we had a coach that had won 3 out of the last 4 BCS Championships...

I live in Athens and for years been a chamber member. They have had UT folks there too. Yall folks are way off base. ILOVE MY VOLS!!!! But don't see how this should be a slap in anybody's face.its a speaking engagement. Heck...I saw lou holtz speak in thompson bowling a few years back. I dont even think Jones was even our coach when this was booked. Several years ago spurrier was here for the chamber event... fulmer...others too.Nothing wrong with listening to winners and trying to learn how to apply it to business. Nothing to do with football.....GO VOLS!!

Reactions: 4 people

my team represents my school, not my state.

your team represents your school, not your state.

there are plenty of proud tennesseans who like nothing better than watching the university of tennessee get their rear end handed to them.

now having said all that, i didn't realize that coach saban declared war on the state of tennessee. i didn't realize that the state of tennessee, or its university was going to be harmed in any way, by the appearance of the university of alabama's football coach. in fact, it was an organization from the state of tennessee that invited the university of alabama football coach to speak because, among other things, it actually was for the benefit of the organization from the state of tennessee.

actually, when you think about it, shouldn't the people of alabama be pissed?

their school's football coach is helping out an organization from the state of tennessee. why? that's BS.

he should be coaching his football team and recruiting. not doing some damn speech for the benefit of the state of tennessee.

take down that damn statue now!!!!!

Last edited:
Here's one:

Dooley Tractor Company
109 Congress Pkwy
Athens, TN 37371

"Tractor is our middle name."

But "Dooley" is their first name. I will kindly buy my tractors elsewhere.

I laughed......feel bad about it....but I laughed

Great song.
That's how Country music works, right? If you can't be original and you don't have any real material, just take a clever turn of phrase, rub a few strings and you have your next country hit. The rednecks will never know any better. They'll think you're a geni.....a jenie....oh, hell...they'll think you're smart. :)

Reactions: 1 person
If you go around singing and dancing outside a bears den don't be upset when he comes out mad

wow

this is a free country guys and if they want to have Saban speak at their charity event they have every right to do so.
no reason to get so emotional over it.

I heard of this awhile back form someone with a business in Athens. They said this guy over the COC is a Bama graduate. They also told the COC they would not be attending or supporting it in any way.

I'm from Athens....born and raised....there are actually a lot of Bama fans that live there....I have a lot of friends who are and have been since we were little kids....they aren't bandwagon fans....prob around 25-35k I would imagine is the population....and about 75-85% could care less about Satan showing up....people need to chill....

A little over 13,000 in the city, a little over 52,000 in the county.

VN Store

Back