Rob Preston(athens Chamber of Commerce President) cries to the Times Free Press

It is funny, though! If UT were winning this wouldn't be a blip on the radar.

The Athens chamber had Fulmer, Peerless Price, and others from the '98 team and it drew under 300 people.

Where was the outrage with that? That's worth boycotting Athens over. :eek:lol:

That's because Fulmer, etc. were making a tour of the whole state. This is Little Nicky's only East Tennessee stop, so all the bandwagoners from this area will permeate Athens with their universal stench.

Saban is donating his fee to his charity, which helps mentally challenged children. So the people up in arms over this will, despite their protests, be receiving some much needed help thanks to Saban's appearance.

Reactions: 1 person
Saban is donating his fee to his charity, which helps mentally challenged children. So the people up in arms over this will, despite their protests, be receiving some much needed help thanks to Saban's appearance.

.....said the tard from the state that gave us Forrest Gump.

LOL. Athens is a small town and the Chamber guy is obviously not much of a football fan or he'd have known better than to ruffle the town up -- that's what it boils down to. I'd also bet he's not from Athens because he doesn't seem to have his finger on the pulse of the town and doesn't understand why what he see as a logical business decision would piss people off right now.

No one would care if we hadn't been so dreadful lately and I doubt many really care now. However, I bet there are a few fans in Athens who are embarrassed by it and they're the ones acting out but even they aren't going to do anything other than vent and make the chamber guy the town heel for life.

How many of you would stop in Athens to get anything more than gas and a piss break in the first place? There is f*** nothing there, never will be. I'm not saying I disagree with the sentiment, but you can't boycott a product ya never bought to begin with.

Boycotting a town over having a football coach speak at a charity event is just flat dumb and reeks of extreme redneckery.

Reactions: 6 people

So, it's basically going to help Bama fans?

Reactions: 1 person
Saban is also speaking at Union University in Jackson for the Roy L. White Legacy Golf and Gala on May 6. You can go to the dinner for as little as $375.00 or you can sit in the balcony for $50.00. This is a fundraising event for Union's athletic department. Past speakers include Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, and Tim Tebow.

Saban is also speaking at Union University in Jackson for the Roy L. White Legacy Golf and Gala on May 6. You can go to the dinner for as little as $375.00 or you can sit in the balcony for $50.00. This is a fundraising event for Union's athletic department. Past speakers include Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, and Tim Tebow.

So do we now write off the whole city of Jackson, or just tell Union to go get ****ed? This is stupid, even for this site.

VN Store

Back