Rocky Top

I hope all of you will commend me for my brave honesty rather than condemn me for my opinion. But OMG I HATE this f_cking song! Yes even as a Tennessee fan. I have never liked it! All I can picture when I hear this is overalls, bare feet, and corncobb pipes! I know this is blasphemy to pretty much everyone on this forum but I have never really embraced this unofficial fight song! I'd much prefer to hear our ACTUAL fight song "Down The Field".

blas.gif

You can crap in one hand and crap in the other cause hoping ain't gone do you no good. Lol. That was about as stupid as your post. No surprise the loser gave you a like for this stupidity. And What's wrong with overalls, bare feet and corncob pipes?

Since you asked:

1622102681718.png

He skimped on that Power T tat.
That thing could be 4-5 times bigger than that…… 🤣

He shore didn't skimp on the cholesterol. Which I am sure led to the tattoo looking smaller.

Last edited:
You can crap in one hand and HOPE in the other, and see which fills up first.

Had to FYP, brother. This was my hillbilly grandma’s finest and favorite quote.

Don’t hope. Get to doing.

Last edited:
Had to FYP, brother. This was my hillbilly grandma’s finest and favorite quote.

Don’t hope. Get to doing.
No use in hoping for me to commend him for talking trash about Rocky Top and dear close friends and family, not to mention me.

That was my point. But I'm sure you knew that.

Sounds like your grandma was a smart lady.

Reactions: kcvols1
If you're lucky enough to be able to call Tennessee your home, whether by choice or by birth, you should wear it with pride, IMO. No doubt there is a stereotype I'm sure we're all aware of that has been promoted by the media going back to "The Golden Age of Radio" and continued with Gomer Pyle, the Beverly Hillbillies and Forest Gump. If there's a yokel or a simpleton in any production you can almost guarantee he or she will have a Southern drawl. Hell, the movie Deliverance took it even further.

People who would never consider saying anything racist, are happy to joke at your expense right to your face when they find out you are from the South.

But I say wear it with pride and rub their noses in it for good measure. This song does that better than just about anything else I can think of. And it's also just a helluva good song.

One of my proudest personal accomplishments is retaining my accent. We should all wear it with pride.

It doubles the shock value of my audience when I switch to fluent Portuguese, French, or Spanish.

Further, it really chaps arse on my opposition when I win a motions hearing. 😃

I hope all of you will commend me for my brave honesty rather than condemn me for my opinion. But OMG I HATE this f_cking song! Yes even as a Tennessee fan. I have never liked it! All I can picture when I hear this is overalls, bare feet, and corncobb pipes! I know this is blasphemy to pretty much everyone on this forum but I have never really embraced this unofficial fight song! I'd much prefer to hear our ACTUAL fight song "Down The Field".

haha... I'm guessing you enjoy the games while wearing noise canceling headphones with jorts and a salt life shirt to match.

No use in hoping for me to commend him for talking trash about Rocky Top and dear close friends and family, not to mention me.

That was my point. But I'm sure you knew that.

Sounds like your grandma was a smart lady.

Amen.

Born in Cades Cove.

RN for 30 years at Ft. Sanders.

Had three sons, raised three doctors.

Heck boy, us folks up here in Claiborne county Tn love our overalls and running around barefoot. ROCKY TOP IS WHO WE ARE ! I’ve always taught my children to never forget where you came from and never be ashamed of your heritage . GBO

It also has an anti government twinge... Revenuers disappearing ... and it obviously has a ....this is our home, dont come messin around here and getting in our business kinda flavor ... while also advocating the simple life.
And... if it irritates the opposition, so much the better !!

Since the band usually strikes it up when something good happens on the field... i hope it's played 10,000 times in Neyland this fall !!!!! Ooh-Rah !

To each his own, but this sure gets my orange blood pumping.

Those kids are great! Gotta love that song. I've been in a bar in Philly and requested it and it gets a positive response.

A colleague of mine who's a Notre Dame alum tells me there's a bar in South Bend that plays Rocky Top every evening at closing time, the song having been very well received at one of our games up there.

VN Store

Back