Rocky Top

I hope all of you will commend me for my brave honesty rather than condemn me for my opinion. But OMG I HATE this f_cking song! Yes even as a Tennessee fan. I have never liked it! All I can picture when I hear this is overalls, bare feet, and corncobb pipes! I know this is blasphemy to pretty much everyone on this forum but I have never really embraced this unofficial fight song! I'd much prefer to hear our ACTUAL fight song "Down The Field".

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than many being bigots, ain't nothing wrong with being hillbillies or how they dress, or being barefoot. I kind of like how they don't care for overly expensive but easily wearing out fancy clothing. That is out of style almost as soon as you first wear them. Or songs that are generally "clean" and yes I know, they're the biggest pot smokers and pot growers, meth users, contrary to public opinion. But they're cool in many other ways. And lively like the Rockytop song. So yep, Tennessee will always be, home sweet home to me.

One of my proudest personal accomplishments is retaining my accent. We should all wear it with pride.

I envy you (in the good sense). I followed the path of the Bob McDill song -- "But I was smarter than most, and I could choose, / learned to talk like the man on the six o'clock news" -- and now I can only get it back in the right company.

I hope all of you will commend me for my brave honesty rather than condemn me for my opinion. But OMG I HATE this f_cking song! Yes even as a Tennessee fan. I have never liked it! All I can picture when I hear this is overalls, bare feet, and corncobb pipes! I know this is blasphemy to pretty much everyone on this forum but I have never really embraced this unofficial fight song! I'd much prefer to hear our ACTUAL fight song "Down The Field".

OGC.f6140ada26771dc5f463c0f3cee3395d

Reactions: DuckInAPen
You can crap in one hand and crap in the other cause hoping ain't gone do you no good. Lol. That was about as stupid as your post. No surprise the loser gave you a like for this stupidity. And What's wrong with overalls, bare feet and corncob pipes?
I hadn’t tried a corncob pipe yet… the rest works fine for me!

You can't be this f'n stupid, really?

7VOr.gif

Last edited:
You are correct about blaspheming. Let me guess. You probably think Florida-Georgia Line, Rascal Flatts and Luke Bryan are real country music, don’t you?

Sorry. Didn’t realize this was a 3 year old thread. I had never seen it. Comment still applies.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back