Ron Paul Can't Win

I'm trying to figure out this as well; I understand some of the more "conservatives" on the right don't like Romney and yeah he's in many ways Diet Obama, but what I can't get these same people are flocking to this idiot instead of Paul.

The only things I keep hearing are "Paul can't win" and "He's against the war!".

Paul can't win because he can't expand his supporters because most see him as a whack job.

You can't say I am against gov't spending and then load your district with pork.

Paul's next biggest problem other than his foreign policy issues are his supporters. For example, I was listening to a show the other day and a Paul supporter called and said 70% of the country supports Paul but the whole media is in a conspiracy to black him out. This type of thing is very normal any time a Paul supporter calls a talk show.

Paul can't win because he can't expand his supporters because most see him as a whack job.

You can't say I am against gov't spending and then load your district with pork.

Paul's next biggest problem other than his foreign policy issues are his supporters. For example, I was listening to a show the other day and a Paul supporter called and said 70% of the country supports Paul but the whole media is in a conspiracy to black him out. This type of thing is very normal any time a Paul supporter calls a talk show.

What are you talking about? His support has exploded. It may not be enough to win, but he is expanding his support steadily.

Paul can't win because he doesn't pander to special interest groups. It's that simple.

For example, I was listening to a show the other day and a Paul supporter called and said 70% of the country supports Paul but the whole media is in a conspiracy to black him out. This type of thing is very normal any time a Paul supporter calls a talk show.

so you don't think calls like that can be manipulated? Picking a few random knuckleheads that support RP can move the needle for people that get their news from talking heads

I'll be honest, I had him pegged as a nut-job, too. I didn't really know much about him, but somehow that is the message that I had stored upstairs.
Upon realizing that all the rest of these GOP candidates are awful, I read up on Dr. Paul. Now, I'm definitely going to vote for him. I'm not a fan of one or two of his ideas, but he really seems to be the only person who understand the constitution.
I wonder if Rand Paul is going to be coming up big in 2016. I like that guy, too.

so you don't think calls like that can be manipulated? Picking a few random knuckleheads that support RP can move the needle for people that get their news from talking heads

Possibly, but this particular host usually says he is considering Paul and thinks it might be his time because he is talking about bringing big positive changes on the domestic issues. So it's not like he is a Paul basher.

I'll be honest, I had him pegged as a nut-job, too. I didn't really know much about him, but somehow that is the message that I had stored upstairs.
Upon realizing that all the rest of these GOP candidates are awful, I read up on Dr. Paul. Now, I'm definitely going to vote for him. I'm not a fan of one or two of his ideas, but he really seems to be the only person who understand the constitution.
I wonder if Rand Paul is going to be coming up big in 2016. I like that guy, too.

I am probably going to vote for Romney, this whole group is not very good. I am not crazy about any of them but no way would I ever vote for Paul. I was a Cain supporter and was the only one I was really excited about.

Believe it or not, that's how I was too. Not that I thought he was insane, but that he didn't have any credibility. I discovered him as I was distancing myself from Republicans, and becoming anti-war and socially liberal. When I first heard him, I just thought he sounded weird. Didn't take long for me to start liking him, but I was skeptical for like a year that he was too good to be true.

I am probably going to vote for Romney, this whole group is not very good. I am not crazy about any of them but no way would I ever vote for Paul. I was a Cain supporter and was the only one I was really excited about.

What group of candidates have you ever liked?

Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio or Alan West would be my top 3.

That's not what I asked. That's not a group of candidates, that's your ideal potential group of candidates. My point is that the Republicans have put together **** groups of candidates for consecutive decades. You don't like this group, but the truth is you probably never liked any group of candidates, and probably never will.

The Republican Party is broken.

That's not what I asked. That's not a group of candidates, that's your ideal potential group of candidates. My point is that the Republicans have put together **** groups of candidates for consecutive decades. You don't like this group, but the truth is you probably never liked any group of candidates, and probably never will.

The Republican Party is broken.

The R party is not great, not even close but it's a hell of a lot better than the other option. The last primary group was way better than this group. I really liked Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson and was ok with Romney.

The R party is not great, not even close but it's a hell of a lot better than the other option. The last primary group was way better than this group. I really liked Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson and was ok with Romney.

That's what Republicans like to tell themselves, and what the radio hosts keep screaming like some warning, but the fact is, they really aren't the much better. Even when they have the power to do anything, they act just like Dems.

People see Santorum as a whack job too, yet now he's leading.

This sentence perfectly sums up why things don't get better.

There is no such thing as the perfect candidate, I know this comes as a shock to many who like the great savior Dr. Paul.

If Ron Paul would shut his mouth on wars he might stand a chance, I really like most of his domestic policy especially fiscally but on national security he scares the hell out of me.

There is no such thing as the perfect candidate, I know this comes as a shock to many who like the great savior Dr. Paul.

If Ron Paul would shut his mouth on wars he might stand a chance, I really like most of his domestic policy especially fiscally but on national security he scares the hell out of me.

Doesn't it depend on who you are asking? There may not be a perfect candidate, but I'd like to know of just a good one. Who was a good serious candidate in the last 20 years?

silly panderers scare me. Anyone who runs on social conservatism in one of the biggest recessions in US history should just gtfo.

The spin you get off of his website is not an explanation.

I love that you harp on one thing that appears on the surface to be hypocritical. If you dug below the surface at all you'd see that Mitt, Newt, and Rick are the ones who deserve to be blasted as hypocrites.

VN Store

Back