Ron Paul Can't Win

All congress has to do is declare war. Why are you people so against that?

My problems are he blames America for a certain "religion" hating us and he thinks its ok for Iran to get a nuclear weapon. I believe his world view to be very naive. The thinking that if we leave them alone they will love us is dangerous.

My problems are he blames America for a certain "religion" hating us and he thinks its ok for Iran to get a nuclear weapon. I believe his world view to be very naive. The thinking that if we leave them alone they will love us is dangerous.

His world view is very clear and not at all naive. In fact, it is informed by his own service in uniform, which few of the other candidates can claim. He has stated that he would use military force when our national interests were at stake. What national interests were at stake in April 2003 in Iraq?

I've said it before, my experience on the ground is the average people in most countries around the world do not hate us. But, our actions, especially when mistakes are made, give political and religious leaders things to use against us.

BTW, I don't think he said he was okay with Iran having nuclear weapons but that it wasn't any of our business since they couldn't threaten us with them.

The "he blames America" argument is bogus, unless you think Obama's foreign policy is literally "America".

The "he blames America" argument is bogus, unless you think Obama's foreign policy is literally "America".

It's not bogus, I remember 4 years ago in a debate where he blamed America for the 9/11 attacks and Rudy G really got mad and took him to task over it.

It's not bogus, I remember 4 years ago in a debate where he blamed America for the 9/11 attacks and Rudy G really got mad and took him to task over it.

There is a stark difference between "America" and the U.S. Government. Especially, when it relates to U.S. foreign policy. There are many people all over the world, including the Middle East, who love "America" and "Americans" but loath the U.S. Government due to our foreign policies.

There is no doubt that our foreign policies compelled the jihadists to attack us. They just didn't wake up one morning and feel like flying planes into the World Trade Centers.

There is a stark difference between "America" and the U.S. Government. Especially, when it relates to U.S. foreign policy. There are many people all over the world, including the Middle East, who love "America" and "Americans" but loath the U.S. Government due to our foreign policies.

There is no doubt that our foreign policies compelled the jihadists to attack us. They just didn't wake up one morning and feel like flying planes into the World Trade Centers.

right. if they wanted to attack the west/christian world...there are much closer targets.

Really? That was a shining moment for RP. That was actually a tipping point for his following. Rudy G tried that "you blame America" garbage and Paul destroyed him. Those who religiously/blindly believe what Rudy G believes are the only ones who thought Paul came out looking bad there.

Yea that's it, they absolutely love us, just hate our Government. I always find it amusing the lengths some of you go to, to find justification for those who kill our citizens

Yea that's it, they absolutely love us, just hate our Government. I always find it amusing the lengths some of you go to, to find justification for those who kill our citizens

Are you trolling or serious?

They hate us because of our government's actions. It's not that difficult to connect the dots.

Really? That was a shining moment for RP. That was actually a tipping point for his following. Rudy G tried that "you blame America" garbage and Paul destroyed him. Those who religiously/blindly believe what Rudy G believes are the only ones who thought Paul came out looking bad there.

If that was his shining moment then why has he still never won a primary or caucus? Rudy blasted him on his blame America views and I was relieved to finally see someone blast him for it.

Are you trolling or serious?

They hate us because of our government's actions. It's not that difficult to connect the dots.

Then why do they kill their own for converting to Christianity or for standing in a line to join their own countries military or police

If that was his shining moment then why has he still never won a primary or caucus? Rudy blasted him on his blame America views and I was relieved to finally see someone blast him for it.

Yeah? What happened to Rudy G's presidential hopes? Ron Paul's popularity has surged ever since. You're in over your head on this one.

Then why do they kill their own for converting to Christianity or for standing in a line to join their own countries military or police

What does this have to do with what I said? They kill their military and police because they don't like their oppressive government. Guess what they also don't like? Our oppressive government!

I am not saying that everyone loves us. Just pointing out that their anger stems from their perception of U.S. government foreign polices. There is a stark difference whether you want to be ignorant to it or not.

I am not defending them. However, I cannot say that if I was in their position, that I would not do the same. It is very easy to condemn their actions, beliefs, and message from our vantage point (the way we are educated, raised, etc) behind the most powerful and technologically advanced military the world has ever seen.

I think it is the sign of a truly ignorant person foolishly dismiss and condemn another's actions without attempting to delve deeper into said person's psychology and background. Walking a mile in their shoes as the saying would go. It is that attitude that got us to 9/11. It is that foolish attitude that will continue to leave us vulnerable.

Reactions: 1 person
justin, let's post up a group of Marines behind your house, kill your dog, repeatedly replace you as head of your own household and steal water from your water main and electricity from your electricity line, for oh, about... 50 years? We'll see how you respond after that.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't get to listen to last night's debate, but what is up with the kid-glove treatment Paul is giving Romney and vice versa?

justin, let's post up a group of Marines behind your house, kill your dog, repeatedly replace you as head of your own household and steal water from your water main and electricity from your electricity line, for oh, about... 50 years? We'll see how you respond after that.

When I start killing people randomly just because I don't like their religion, then that will be justified.

VN Store

Back