Ron Paul Can't Win

I love that you harp on one thing that appears on the surface to be hypocritical. If you dug below the surface at all you'd see that Mitt, Newt, and Rick are the ones who deserve to be blasted as hypocrites.

Is that not hypocritical? I have said many times that the others are not great but they are better than Paul.

But, but, but...he's a nutjob!

I also found an interesting video where Ron Paul explains his national security logic, and pretty much predicts the 911 attack.

You cannot do what we as a country have been doing the last 50 years and not pay the piper. Blowback is very real, and that is exactly what 9/11 was.

There is no such thing as the perfect candidate, I know this comes as a shock to many who like the great savior Dr. Paul.

If Ron Paul would shut his mouth on wars he might stand a chance, I really like most of his domestic policy especially fiscally but on national security he scares the hell out of me.

We have a National Security Policy and Strategy Process in place that drives most of our national security decision making. Much of what we do is driven as much by pragmatism and assessment of national interests and every president is somewhat hampered by this process for the good and the bad--which is why Obama wasn't able to end the war in Iraq sooner and why we're still in Afghanistan, Horn of Africa and The Philippines. In other words, Ron Paul might say a lot of things that he would like to see, but that doesn't mean he can do all of them once in office.

Many times its hard to see the difference between the Paul supporters and hate America liberals. Blame America first.

W's foreign policy is not America.

Obama's foreign policy is not America.

The "he blames America" argument provides a great soundbite, but there is no substance to it.

I don't care who you are, this is funny!

Obama+with+Vote+for+Ron+Paul+guy.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
In other words, Ron Paul might say a lot of things that he would like to see, but that doesn't mean he can do all of them once in office.
If that is the case, than his foreign policy stance is a moot point, because he won't be able to change it anyways. So that removes the biggest obstacle from people voting for him. They may as well go ahead and vote for him...

Its amazing that we have 3 candidates that everyone agrees have credibilty issues, but yet they on the other hand have faith that each of them will deliver on their campaign promises. Yet, the other candidate that most people have to admit has the most credibilty, yet they seem to think he won't go thru with any of his promises.

If that is the case, than his foreign policy stance is a moot point, because he won't be able to change it anyways. So that removes the biggest obstacle from people voting for him. They may as well go ahead and vote for him...

Its amazing that we have 3 candidates that everyone agrees have credibilty issues, but yet they on the other hand have faith that each of them will deliver on their campaign promises. Yet, the other candidate that most people have to admit has the most credibilty, yet they seem to think he won't go thru with any of his promises.

Most people?

Many times its hard to see the difference between the Paul supporters and hate America liberals. Blame America first.

You just called Paul supporters American haters when the vast majority of us want a return to Constitutionality, how the f*** is that hating America? We hate America because we don't want to bomb brown people? We hate America because we'd like to see our troops back home?

Reactions: 1 person
There is no such thing as the perfect candidate, I know this comes as a shock to many who like the great savior Dr. Paul.

If Ron Paul would shut his mouth on wars he might stand a chance, I really like most of his domestic policy especially fiscally but on national security he scares the hell out of me.

Oh yeah because Bush and Obama's handling are the better alternative?

What kills me about so many so-called conservatives is how so many of them put so much stock into war, like it's the only thing they pick a candidate over.

You just called Paul supporters American haters when the vast majority of us want a return to Constitutionality, how the f*** is that hating America? We hate America because we don't want to bomb brown people? We hate America because we'd like to see our troops back home?

No they hate America because just like with liberals its blame America when we get attacked. No one wants war but sometimes it has to be done. Yeap that's it bomb all brown people, that's exactly what I was thinking. You are clueless.

Oh yeah because Bush and Obama's handling are the better alternative?

What kills me about so many so-called conservatives is how so many of them put so much stock into war, like it's the only thing they pick a candidate over.

So did we invade Iraq and Afghanistan before or after the 9/11 attacks? I know you and all the Paul supporters want to let us get attacked and just let it go, then ask what did we do to them that they hate us so much.

I don't want war but I damn sure don't want a naive candidate like the great Dr. Paul who I have no faith in when it comes to defending this country.

So did we invade Iraq and Afghanistan before or after the 9/11 attacks?

Please don't lump the two invasions together. It makes you look ignorant.

I know you and all the Paul supporters want to let us get attacked and just let it go, then ask what did we do to them that they hate us so much.

Next time you have a thought, just let it go.

So did we invade Iraq and Afghanistan before or after the 9/11 attacks? I know you and all the Paul supporters want to let us get attacked and just let it go, then ask what did we do to them that they hate us so much.

I don't want war but I damn sure don't want a naive candidate like the great Dr. Paul who I have no faith in when it comes to defending this country.

You do realize that paul voted to support the war in afghanistan initially, right?

So Paul is for war?

If congress declares it.

Afghanistan wasn't pitched as a war, and since there was no country to declare war against, he didn't call for that. They were told it would basically be a short-term operation, and I believe they were assured there would be no nation-building.

VN Store

Back