Rumors on Tigerdroppings

They are 2-7 against the Vols since 2017. The last time LSU beat the Vols at a neutral site or true road game was 2016. UT has been the more dominant team between the 2 over the last few years.
That's all great but has no bearing on the upcoming game. It's going to take a tremendous game from this year's team to continue the dominance. GBO!

Pitching him in game 2 would mean not having him-as a starter, until the game 2 or 3 of the three-game final series.
Game 1 pitchers have a chance to come back for the "If necessary" bracket final game on Thursday.

Teams that go 3-0 in bracket play will plays ever other day. with the final series starting 2nd Saturday, then you would need only 3 starters.

LSU does NOT have 3 quality starters. If they lose one of the first 2 games, they are in a HUGE bind. They will be using midweek and situational pitchers against Top 8 teams.

LSU can't take ANY game for granted. That is why they pitches Skenes against Tulane. The losers bracket for LSU means death. UT shelled their then #3 guy and really held their own - when we struggling, against their 1 and 2.

If they hold Skenes for Wake then their fans should not even bother going to Nebraska

LSU will pitch Skenes no way they won't that would be crazy should go with what got them there,as Lindsey will start for Vols some think Beam but Lindsey or Dollander would be my preference
No way Beam starts more than likely they try to keep the rotation as it's been. 7 days rest for the starters as the way it's gone all season. Now if someone gets pulled really early there's a possibility of coming back early. Any pitcher that is needed will be used if their arm feels good and the coaches agree. GBO 💥

No way Beam starts more than likely they try to keep the rotation as it's been. 7 days rest for the starters as the way it's gone all season. Now if someone gets pulled really early there's a possibility of coming back early. Any pitcher that is needed will be used if their arm feels good and the coaches agree. GBO 💥
The die has been cast. Midseason adjustments were made. I do not see CFA stirring the pot at this point.

They believe a lefty will be more effective against the Vols. I don't have the stats but it seems that way to me.

In the pre-game against Clemson, they read the difference. We bat like .100 lower against left handers. There is a staggering difference. Maui and Blake totally bail out against left handed curve balls. Christian Scott as well if it is an upper end pitcher.

The last time we went to CWS, it was the exact same situation. In first round game, Virginia had a first team all-american pitcher available. But, instead, threw a soft throwing leftie. Totally shut us down.

Last edited:
Pitching him in game 2 would mean not having him-as a starter, until the game 2 or 3 of the three-game final series.
Game 1 pitchers have a chance to come back for the "If necessary" bracket final game on Thursday.

Teams that go 3-0 in bracket play will plays ever other day. with the final series starting 2nd Saturday, then you would need only 3 starters.

LSU does NOT have 3 quality starters. If they lose one of the first 2 games, they are in a HUGE bind. They will be using midweek and situational pitchers against Top 8 teams.

LSU can't take ANY game for granted. That is why they pitches Skenes against Tulane. The losers bracket for LSU means death. UT shelled their then #3 guy and really held their own - when we struggling, against their 1 and 2.

If they hold Skenes for Wake then their fans should not even bother going to Nebraska
Their not holding Skenes it's all ********

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If we can just find a way to hang around until a game three, THEN...our pitching depth begins to make a huge difference.

The question is...can we hit enough to win a game or two against the other team's top pitching. I don't know the answer...

But, we are certainly the underdog. The NCAA said we were the 10th best team in the SEC.

OIP.rS0Bee3HJDWMbpaQGpn4qgHaHa

If we can just find a way to hang around until a game three, THEN...our pitching depth begins to make a huge difference.

The question is...can we hit enough to win a game or two against the other team's top pitching. I don't know the answer...

But, we are certainly the underdog. The NCAA said we were the 10th best team in the SEC.

OIP.rS0Bee3HJDWMbpaQGpn4qgHaHa
The NCAA said we are the 10th best team in Omaha

In the pre-game against Clemson, they read the difference. We bat like .100 lower against left handers. There is a staggering difference. Maui and Blake totally bail out against left handed curve balls. Christian Scott as well if it is an upper end pitcher.

The last time we went to CWS, it was the exact same situation. In first round game, Virginia had a first team all-american pitcher available. But, instead, threw a soft throwing leftie. Totally shut us down.

This year ain't last year, BUT, it's true we have suffered against lefties this year, given our leftie dominant line up. However, CMo. Merritt, and Denton are hitting well from the right side, and Dickey can hit lefties. So it is a huge gamble for them not to throw Skenes. Edit: This would be like Karen not throwing Ashely Rogers in their game against OK. There would be lots of splainin to do it they lose.

This year ain't last year, BUT, it's true we have suffered against lefties this year, given our leftie dominant line up. However, CMo. Merritt, and Denton are hitting well from the right side, and Dickey can hit lefties. So it is a huge gamble for them not to throw Skenes. Edit: This would be like Karen not throwing Ashely Rogers in their game against OK. There would be lots of splainin to do it they lose.

You may be right.

But, LSU would be holding back Skenes for Wake Forest who is the # 1 game in country and coming off a tremendous beating of Bama with nine home runs in a game.

Karen held out Ashley against a number one team, to face the Oklahoma State Cowgirls who were more our level. Plus, the only flaw with the Sooners was their struggles with heat. So, Karen rolled the dice and went with our pitcher who threw the hardest.

Let me just ask the baseball vols to do me a big favor. With a 3..2 count, please quit swinging at a ball on the last swing. We badly need base runners, because at times , our hitting does suck. Other times, it is great.

You may be right.

But, LSU would be holding back Skenes for Wake Forest who is the # 1 game in country and coming off a tremendous beating of Bama with nine home runs in a game.

Karen held out Ashley against a number one team, to face the Oklahoma State Cowgirls who were more our level. Plus, the only flaw with the Sooners was their struggles with heat. So, Karen rolled the dice and went with our pitcher who threw the hardest.

You make a lot of good points. Especially about the Karen thing.

The gamble is if they hold Skenes but lose, then their best laid plans go awry. Then again, I don't know how much faith anyone puts in their #2 starter for either the loser bracket or the winners.

Skenes might be a better matchup for us because we have a lot of fastball hitting lefties. If they throw a soft tossing leftie at us, let's hope that Ahuna, Blake, & CScott don't keep trying to pull every pitch.

I could see LSU following this strategy of holding Skenes. If their goal is to win the title, rolling the dice that you can beat Tn without your star to save him until the #1 offense in the country makes sense. It could backfire of course but if they are able to beat UT in game 1 w/o their star, they are set up well for the rest of the championship.
I love our hitters but I wouldn't mind facing someone besides the most dominant pitcher in college baseball for game one.

You make a lot of good points. Especially about the Karen thing.

The gamble is if they hold Skenes but lose, then their best laid plans go awry. Then again, I don't know how much faith anyone puts in their #2 starter for either the loser bracket or the winners.

Skenes might be a better matchup for us because we have a lot of fastball hitting lefties. If they throw a soft tossing leftie at us, let's hope that Ahuna, Blake, & CScott don't keep trying to pull every pitch.

As a Vol, think I prefer for this lineup to face Skenes. We can hit right hand power pitchers.

Would prefer to pass on this Riley Cooper dude...6'7" 285 pounds. Came with the coach from Arizona.

Pitches with three Sneakers bars in back pocket

s-l1200.jpg

It all comes down to if our bats show up. I think I read somewhere that we were maybe .188 as a team in Hattiesburg. That will not cut it vs LSU.
Unfortunately, we have a player or three that are just completely lost at the plate. Up to TV, but I'd be tempted to try something different especially with the way some at bats played out in Hattiesburg.

VN Store

Back