Rumors on Tigerdroppings

I could see LSU following this strategy of holding Skenes. If their goal is to win the title, rolling the dice that you can beat Tn without your star to save him until the #1 offense in the country makes sense. It could backfire of course but if they are able to beat UT in game 1 w/o their star, they are set up well for the rest of the championship.
I love our hitters but I wouldn't mind facing someone besides the most dominant pitcher in college baseball for game one.
I am sorry but I think it makes zero sense. If you do it because you like the matchup against your lefty, that might make sense. But as @fryeguy93 mentioned, if they don't throw Skenes in the first game, he is very unlikely to pitch again. If they throw him Saturday, he would get enough rest to come back and pitch later. You throw your best. Getting put in the losers bracket on the first day makes it incredibly difficult to win it all. They do not have enough depth to survive that, IMO. You go with your best in the first game.

I am sorry but I think it makes zero sense. If you do it because you like the matchup against your lefty, that might make sense. But as @fryeguy93 mentioned, if they don't throw Skenes in the first game, he is very unlikely to pitch again. If they throw him Saturday, he would get enough rest to come back and pitch later. You throw your best. Getting put in the losers bracket on the first day makes it incredibly difficult to win it all. They do not have enough depth to survive that, IMO. You go with your best in the first game.
I cant really say who is right and wrong here but the LSU coach has shown a willingness to pitch guys on short rest previously. I'm not sure I agree with the narrative he wouldn't be able to pitch later.

As a Vol, think I prefer for this lineup to face Skenes. We can hit right hand power pitchers.

Would prefer to pass on this Riley Cooper dude...6'7" 285 pounds. Came with the coach from Arizona.

Pitches with three Sneakers bars in back pocket

s-l1200.jpg

If this guy throws against TN I want him checked for illegal, slippery stuff every other pitch

You know he's got a couple of fried chicken legs in his pocket he's using the grease from

I cant really say who is right and wrong here but the LSU coach has shown a willingness to pitch guys on short rest previously. I'm not sure I agree with the narrative he wouldn't be able to pitch later.
I guess it depends on how many pitches he throws. I get that it's all hands on deck, just not sure if he's tried to go on short rest himself. Unlikely they he's needed to at this point.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Misunderstood. They threw Abbott because he was 9th on the pitcher of the year award watchlist and was a pro prospect himself, and was also Lefty. It’s not like he was average.

definitely not looking average:

Abbott worked six more scoreless innings, bringing his total to 17 2/3 innings without a run allowed, as the Reds took a 2-1 victory over the defending World Series champions on Friday at Minute Maid Park.

According to Elias Sports Bureau, Abbott is the first Major League pitcher since 1893 -- when the mound was moved to its current distance -- to begin his career with three scoreless starts of at least five innings.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back