Russian nuclear disaster...maybe?

What a classy response. No personal attack. I tip my hat.

Being a retired submarine vet, including the SSBN's (although I'm almost 20 years retired now), I know, or knew, a thing or two about strategic deterrence.

You're dead-on about Putin and a "certain Secretary of State". I could tell you how I know, but...I'd have to choke one of my cats, and I love my cats, so...

Go Vols.

Being a retired submarine vet, including the SSBN's (although I'm almost 20 years retired now), I know, or knew, a thing or two about strategic deterrence.

You're dead-on about Putin and a "certain Secretary of State". I could tell you how I know, but...I'd have to choke one of my cats, and I love my cats, so...

Go Vols.
If the cat could it would choke you...that’s an indictment on cats not what you said outside of it

Reactions: Obsessed

Go Vols.

Hat tip accepted and leave the kitty's alone. Give them an ear scratch.😊

Medical issue gives me random bouts of insomnia and I'd pop on the game, hit the general game chat and use google to translate blocks of conversations between the Russians because they were the only ones awake at that time. I even loaded a Russian keyboard to chit chat and ask general clarifying questions of things they posted. They got a kick out of the old American lady talking to them in their language and became very helpful..lol

Geez and did they ever like to brag once their vodka got flowing. Loved to talk American politics as well. Seems like he sped up development because he really thought it was going to be 4 more years of the same, only worse.

What makes you think that?
Every video I’ve seen of nuclear tests ends with an explosion that is nearly as bright as the sun ☀️

The shockwave was massive, but the explosion was like any other conventional weapon.

castle-romeo.jpg

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
So the hypersonic missile is very real today. There is enough public domain information out there to state that. The one I’ve read about is the high altitude hypersonic kinetic kill anti ship. Think carrier task force attack. It blows away the carrier before we can detect and react. And it’s more than Russia, China is in the game too. But I believe these are all high altitude simply because the dynamic pressure at nap of the earth altitude prohibits that kind of speed. Gotta go real high to lower airframe stresses and mitigate heat. Not to mention the navigation headaches, it would take miles to turn at those speeds even in double digit G’s on the missile airframes.

They are real and yes they scare the hell out of our side.

If the cat could it would choke you...that’s an indictment on cats not what you said outside of it
Cats see the world as a buffet of things which could all potentially taste like chicken including us. I know we I mean my crazy ass Latina wife has four. They are cool cars but I know they’d slather my corpse in hot sauce in a New York minute.

To clarify, apparently hypersonic cruise missiles operate at minimum mid course altitude of 60K' to minimize aerodynamic load and friction. High altitude is needed for ramjet or scramjet propulsion as well. A speed of Mach 1+ is typically maximum for any air breathing craft at NoE altitude. I am not sure how the scramjet works at terminal phase for the Mach 3 scramjet powered Brahmos, or its terminal velocity:

BrahMos - Wikipedia
After release, the missile free falls for 100–150 meters, then goes into a cruise phase at 14,000 meters and finally the terminal phase at 15 meters.

Here are the flight profiles for various missile types:
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 7.21.09 AM.png
The intense heat created by atmospheric friction at lower altitudes is likely to restrict hypersonic cruise missiles to mid-course altitudes above 60,000 feet http://thesimonscenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/IAJ-10-2-2019-pg17-29.pdf

Attachments

• 1565436822340.png
    1565436822340.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:

You were a veterinarian on a submarine? :) Man that must have been a slow tour of duty.....

Every video I’ve seen of nuclear tests ends with an explosion that is nearly as bright as the sun ☀️

The shockwave was massive, but the explosion was like any other conventional weapon.

castle-romeo.jpg
Wouldn't that change if it was underground?

Hat tip accepted and leave the kitty's alone. Give them an ear scratch.😊

Medical issue gives me random bouts of insomnia and I'd pop on the game, hit the general game chat and use google to translate blocks of conversations between the Russians because they were the only ones awake at that time. I even loaded a Russian keyboard to chit chat and ask general clarifying questions of things they posted. They got a kick out of the old American lady talking to them in their language and became very helpful..lol

Geez and did they ever like to brag once their vodka got flowing. Loved to talk American politics as well. Seems like he sped up development because he really thought it was going to be 4 more years of the same, only worse.

LOL I’ve gotta ask . Which server .
And yes there are tons of Russians playing

Putin has said very strongly that there is no problem. I don't care what the science or national intelligence says.

--- President Chump.

The last two people you voted for potus combined to do the following:

1. Present Lavrov with a reset button just months after Russia invaded Georgia.

2. Mocked their opponent in a debate for his stance that Russia was our greatest geopolitical foe.

3. Picked up on a hot mic telling Medvedev to tell Vladimir he would have more flexibility after his final election.

4. Resided in the oval office for the entire 2016 election while any Russian collusion/interference would have taken place and took no action.

Perhaps snarky Russian comments shouldn't really be your thing.

The last two people you voted for potus combined to do the following:

1. Present Lavrov with a reset button just months after Russia invaded Georgia.

2. Mocked their opponent in a debate for his stance that Russia was our greatest geopolitical foe.

3. Picked up on a hot mic telling Medvedev to tell Vladimir he would have more flexibility after his final election.

4. Resided in the oval office for the entire 2016 election while any Russian collusion/interference would have taken place and took no action.

Perhaps snarky Russian comments shouldn't really be your thing.

All pales in comparison to Comrade Trump's action. Or inaction.

VN Store

Back