Sad Boys Heading to Jail

I view the low level military person (soldiers) about the same as I view the low level government worker.
Many are worthy of respect and admiration for what they have chosen to do and why. And many others are doing it just because it seemed to be the easy way out at the time.
As for upper level military compared to upper level government....again, I view them as pretty similar. (some good, some bad, most in between)
I've never understood how anyone could show one so much respect while belittling the other as a leach surviving on the government teat.
Whenever I come across someone with that attitude, I immediately know they are not very bright and extremely impressionable.

And I'm not saying you have this attitude. But sometimes it seems as if you do.

Only the soldier has to put his ass on the line while the bureaucrat does nothing but be a pain in the ass. That's why the soldier gets the respect.

Not to many bureaucrats leaving on a business trip say bye to their kids not knowing if they'll ever see them again.

I view the low level military person (soldiers) about the same as I view the low level government worker.
Many are worthy of respect and admiration for what they have chosen to do and why. And many others are doing it just because it seemed to be the easy way out at the time.
As for upper level military compared to upper level government....again, I view them as pretty similar. (some good, some bad, most in between)
I've never understood how anyone could show one so much respect while belittling the other as a leach surviving on the government teat.
Whenever I come across someone with that attitude, I immediately know they are not very bright and extremely impressionable.

And I'm not saying you have this attitude. But sometimes it seems as if you do.
Wow. This post. I immediately know you're not very bright. I already knew you were extremely impressionable.

Only the soldier has to put his ass on the line while the bureaucrat does nothing but be a pain in the ass. That's why the soldier gets the respect.

Not to many bureaucrats leaving on a business trip say bye to their kids not knowing if they'll ever see them again.
You're comparing soldiers to bureaucrats, compare top brass military with bureaucrats.
Compare soldiers to the everyday government worker....police, firemen, prison guards, teachers, social workers.

And what percent of soldiers are ever actually putting their ass on the line?
And when they do, what percent of the time is it actually justifiable?

I think a lot of us recall that it had something to do with serving..Obviously we assumed incorrect

I was called a lot of things in the Army but none so nice as Hog.

I don't have a great imagination so when I joined and every user name I could think of was taken, first Harley was an 88 sportster hence Hog88.

I was called a lot of things in the Army but none so nice as Hog.

I don't have a great imagination so when I joined and every user name I could think of was taken, first Harley was an 88 sportster hence Hog88.

I thought it was a unit nickname of some sort

You're comparing soldiers to bureaucrats, compare top brass military with bureaucrats.
Compare soldiers to the everyday government worker....police, firemen, prison guards, teachers, social workers.

And what percent of soldiers are ever actually putting their ass on the line?
And when they do, what percent of the time is it actually justifiable?

O5/6 and above are politicians/bureaucrats no doubt. Not much respect there. And you need to stop there.
Police, firemen, prison guards, teachers are not bureaucrats.

Bureaucrat:
an official in a government department, in particular one perceived as being concerned with procedural correctness at the expense of people's needs.
An official in a bureaucracy, esp. one who follows a routine in a mechanical, unimaginative way, insisting on proper forms, petty rules, etc

Have you or anyone in your family served? Do you actually understand the sacrifice involved? Not just from those in the military themselves, but from their families?
Yep. Several.
But what's so admirable about choosing to make that sacrifice?
Again, some do it for admirable reasons; the same as some choose other occupations for which they make sacrifices for admirable reasons. I see little difference.....(outside of someone volunteering during a time of justifiable war)

O5/6 and above are politicians/bureaucrats no doubt. Not much respect there. And you need to stop there.
Police, firemen, prison guards, teachers are not bureaucrats.

Bureaucrat:
an official in a government department, in particular one perceived as being concerned with procedural correctness at the expense of people's needs.
An official in a bureaucracy, esp. one who follows a routine in a mechanical, unimaginative way, insisting on proper forms, petty rules, etc
That's why I said you were making the wrong comparison.
Soldiers should be compared to police, firemen, prison guards, teachers etc....
Bureaucrats should be compared to O5/6 and above.

And in those comparisons, I just don't recognize a big difference........although they seem to be viewed completely differently by many

That's why I said you were making the wrong comparison.
Soldiers should be compared to police, firemen, prison guards, teachers etc....
Bureaucrats should be compared to O5/6 and above.

And in those comparisons, I just don't recognize a big difference........although they seem to be viewed completely differently by many

Well nobody has ever accused you of being terribly bright or wise.

VN Store

Back