San Francisco is awful

Is there an increase risk of crime? Potentially depending on the area. Is there a higher cost of living? Generally yes. Is there a lot more traffic? Absolutely.

But I would choose to live in an urban environment over a rural environment every day of the week. The pros outweigh the cons by a mile for me. I was playing soccer with a bunch of my classmates at Piedmont Park in Atlanta and it was a beautiful day with a picture perfect skyline of the city in the background and I thought to myself... “damn... this is nice.”

Reactions: 2 people
SFO is a great city. Lots to do there. Wine country a hop skip and jump away. Awesome climate. Great outdoor environment. The city has wonderful restaurants and cultural things to do. But I do not know any city in these United States where you literally have to step over more homeless people on the sidewalks than SFO. I actually saw one once hang up his cell phone and ask for money.

Liberia was a great country years ago. Could be a sign of things to come.

Is there an increase risk of crime? Potentially depending on the area. Is there a higher cost of living? Generally yes. Is there a lot more traffic? Absolutely.

But I would choose to live in an urban environment over a rural environment every day of the week. The pros outweigh the cons by a mile for me. I was playing soccer with a bunch of my classmates at Piedmont Park in Atlanta and it was a beautiful day with a picture perfect skyline of the city in the background and I thought to myself... “damn... this is nice.”

Atlanta is a ****hole. You need to get out more. You need to travel in a car.

Which is better, America or Iran?

Reactions: 1 person
Atlanta is a ****hole. You need to get out more. You need to travel in a car.

Which is better, America or Iran?
Midtown Atlanta is an awesome place, which is what he's talking about.
For a chithole, they have more Fortune 500 companies located there than any city in America not named New York and Houston.

Reactions: 5 people
Midtown Atlanta is an awesome place, which is what he's talking about.
For a chithole, they have more Fortune 500 companies located there than any city in America not named New York and Houston.

Be sure to wear body armor at night.

Be sure to wear body armor at night.
I have a brother and several friends that live there. Been out in Atlanta at night hundreds of times, never a problem.
Being self-aware and wise helps.
You avoid certain areas like any large city.

It also appears that most of the people saying SF sucks or Atlanta sucks would say the same about literally every major city in America, so we might as well make this the rural vs. urban thread

Reactions: 3 people
It also appears that most of the people saying SF sucks or Atlanta sucks would say the same about literally every major city in America, so we might as well make this the rural vs. urban thread

We could be polite and change that to "every major city controlled by Democrats" instead to make you feel better.

And the argument could be made for rural living as opposed to urban living.

We could be polite and change that to "every major city controlled by Democrats" instead to make you feel better.

And the argument could be made for rural living as opposed to urban living.

The argument could be made for either, it’s a personal preference.

Pretty much every major city is mostly Democrat. The idea of a person purposely avoiding every city of more than a million people because of “the libs” is amusing to me

Reactions: 4 people
The argument could be made for either, it’s a personal preference.

Pretty much every major city is mostly Democrat. The idea of a person purposely avoiding every city of more than a million people because of “the libs” is amusing to me

Not markedly different than calling rural areas ****holes. Agree to disagree.

While I can appreciate urban areas and what’s available within them I couldn’t live in a city. Fun to visit every now and then but just not for me.

Not markedly different than calling rural areas ****holes. Agree to disagree.

I agree. If I say Northwest Georgia is a ****hole, but then it turns out that I think that way about all rural areas, then it’s kinda dumb for me to comment on NW GA instead of just saying all rural areas suck (which obviously isn’t true anyway)

As someone who's spent a lot of time both in SF and ATL, I would gladly take ATL over SF.

First and foremost, both cities are dangerous. There's no disputing the violent crime rates of both cities. Whereas much of the crime in ATL is localized, you can be a victim almost anywhere in SF, unless you're in one of the private gated communities like Presedio Terrace.

However, you can conceal and carry in GA and defend yourself if need be. Not so in California, unless you're one of the handful of "Coastal Elites" who's issued a permit, such as Diane Feinstein (Good for me, but not for thee. Of course). If you're a law-abiding citizen who wants to defend yourself against the rampant crime in the state, sorry, you just have to be a victim. And good luck getting the police to do anything.

If I'm walking around Midtown Atlanta, I don't have to deal with feces everywhere. I don't have to deal with needles everywhere. Atlanta isn't losing major convention partners because of the rampant crime and homeless. It's not even a competition, Atlanta hands down is a much better experience to live, work, travel, and play than SF.

Reactions: 1 person
As someone who's spent a lot of time both in SF and ATL, I would gladly take ATL over SF.

First and foremost, both cities are dangerous. There's no disputing the violent crime rates of both cities. Whereas much of the crime in ATL is localized, you can be a victim almost anywhere in SF, unless you're in one of the private gated communities like Presedio Terrace.

However, you can conceal and carry in GA and defend yourself if need be. Not so in California, unless you're one of the handful of "Coastal Elites" who's issued a permit, such as Diane Feinstein (Good for me, but not for thee. Of course). If you're a law-abiding citizen who wants to defend yourself against the rampant crime in the state, sorry, you just have to be a victim. And good luck getting the police to do anything.

If I'm walking around Midtown Atlanta, I don't have to deal with feces everywhere. I don't have to deal with needles everywhere. Atlanta isn't losing major convention partners because of the rampant crime and homeless. It's not even a competition, Atlanta hands down is a much better experience to live, work, travel, and play than SF.

I have a CCW and am certainly not a coastal elite. I can carry anywhere in the entire state. The problem with the CCW program, is that they are issued by the counties. I live in Orange County, which grants them pretty liberally, as this is a conservative county. In liberal counties, such as Los Angeles and San Francisco, it is nearly impossible to obtain. The stupid part for those counties is, that CCW holders from other counties can carry in those counties as well.

Most Democratic metro areas are sh!tholes.

Bout time for a good quake to clean that place up a little.

Reactions: 4 people

Good for you. I walked out on my back porch, took a whizz off the deck, and shot my AR at some squirrels. Then I went down to the stream to see how my latest batch of corn liquor was coming along. Well, part of that is true, but when I move back to East Tennessee in a few years it will all come true. You can have the city. Been there, done it, had enough.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back