Scariest poll I have yet seen regarding Democrats

Ohhh....so you are beyond theory now and into law.. into the very existence of God, searched for millennia by humankind.

You are one arrogant person.

You're totally missing the point. I'm not arrogant or above anything or anyone. I'm non-neurotypical. Neurodivergent. I'm at the edge of being diagnosed autistic (an ongoing conversation with my doctors and therapists). I see the world differently because my brain is wired differently. Not better. Not above. Just different.

Reactions: Wireless1
This may have already been posted. I didn't feel like looking back through the 13 pages of this thread, but the site from which that "poll" was supposedly taken, is extreme right-wing and hyper-partisan. "The Right Scoop" is renowned for fabricating polls for the purpose of anti-liberal/democrat propaganda.

This may have already been posted. I didn't feel like looking back through the 13 pages of this thread, but the site from which that "poll" was supposedly taken, is extreme right-wing and hyper-partisan. "The Right Scoop" is renowned for fabricating polls for the purpose of anti-liberal/democrat propaganda.

I've already done the groundwork for you. The poll was designed and results interpreted by the Heartland Foundation, a right wing thinktank. The data collection was conducted by Rasmussen Polls.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
The Capitol riot was supposed to be the right. But the more time that goes by and the more evidence that leaks, it’s proving to be the left yet again. FBI agents instructing people to enter the Capitol? Come on man...... there were “plants” all over the place

Uh huh.

The Capitol riot was supposed to be the right. But the more time that goes by and the more evidence that leaks, it’s proving to be the left yet again. FBI agents instructing people to enter the Capitol? Come on man...... there were “plants” all over the place
They didn't become the party of Q for nothing.

Reactions: 1vol8
You're totally missing the point. I'm not arrogant or above anything or anyone. I'm non-neurotypical. Neurodivergent. I'm at the edge of being diagnosed autistic (an ongoing conversation with my doctors and therapists). I see the world differently because my brain is wired differently. Not better. Not above. Just different.
You’re not alone on this site 😉

Reactions: AshG
Don't worry, my neurons have diverged so far from normative activity its a miracle I'm not a vegetable.

I've already done the groundwork for you. The poll was designed and results interpreted by the Heartland Foundation, a right wing thinktank. The data collection was conducted by Rasmussen Polls.
What specific problem do you have with the Heritage Foundation? And Rasmussen's polling has been pretty accurate over the past 4-5 years. Trafalgar Group seems to be the most accurate though.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
What specific problem do you have with the Heritage Foundation? And Rasmussen's polling has been pretty accurate over the past 4-5 years. Trafalgar Group seems to be the most accurate though.
Disregard my question about the Heritage Foundation. It was Heartland Institute. I'm not familiar with them myself.

I find this interesting. I struggle in social settings. People annoy me. I won't go into detail about my past but I've wondered what condition I have to blame for this.

Disregard my question about the Heritage Foundation. It was Heartland Institute. I'm not familiar with them myself.

The Rasmussen did the data collection groundwork. I really enjoyed the data layout on their site. It was really easy to dig in deep from different angles; I just wish it was as easy to copy/paste from the crosstabs. No issue with them.

As far as the Heartland Institute, I didn't appreciate their interpretational antics. Then again, I don't like the way any thinktank - left or right - skews the presentation of data to fit their desired narrative. I very easily can say that 1 in 4 Republicans want the unvaccinated to be locked at home based on the same data.

I also have issues with issues of statistical power; the article heavily insinuated that the poll was representative of all Democrats when only slightly more than 330 consented to be polled. If there are 70M or 80M self-identified Democrats in the US, they've just been pigeonholed by the answers of 0.0004% of their base.

I find this interesting. I struggle in social settings. People annoy me. I won't go into detail about my past but I've wondered what condition I have to blame for this.
People don't necessarily annoy me. Some do though. However I've never been a big fan of large social gatherings. For example, a megachurch or large church of any kind wouldn't be for me. Always preferred going to a much smaller church.

People don't necessarily annoy me. Some do though. However I've never been a big fan of large social gatherings. For example, a megachurch or large church of any kind wouldn't be for me. Always preferred going to a much smaller church.
I can't be around large crowds in social settings. I can go to a vol game and be fine. But large churches, clubs etc where people expect you to participate are not for me..

Odd because of my profession for years but that's why I had to medicate myself.

Loud and obnoxious people bring out the worst in me. My wife has learned to distract me or get me away from those situations. A very cynical, arsehole side of me comes out. I literally cannot control what comes out of my mouth. It is very odd because I'm a very laid back, quiet person most of the time but people who obviously want attention get the wrong kind from me.

I can't be around large crowds in social settings. I can go to a vol game and be fine. But large churches, clubs etc where people expect you to participate are not for me..

Odd because of my profession for years but that's why I had to medicate myself.

Loud and obnoxious people bring out the worst in me. My wife has learned to distract me or get me away from those situations. A very cynical, arsehole side of me comes out. I literally cannot control what comes out of my mouth. It is very odd because I'm a very laid back, quiet person most of the time but people who obviously want attention get the wrong kind from me.

This sounds very, very familiar to me. Despite being one big mother, I found ways to make myself invisible in those situations. You're definitely not alone in this.

The Rasmussen did the data collection groundwork. I really enjoyed the data layout on their site. It was really easy to dig in deep from different angles; I just wish it was as easy to copy/paste from the crosstabs. No issue with them.

As far as the Heartland Institute, I didn't appreciate their interpretational antics. Then again, I don't like the way any thinktank - left or right - skews the presentation of data to fit their desired narrative. I very easily can say that 1 in 4 Republicans want the unvaccinated to be locked at home based on the same data.

I also have issues with issues of statistical power; the article heavily insinuated that the poll was representative of all Democrats when only slightly more than 330 consented to be polled. If there are 70M or 80M self-identified Democrats in the US, they've just been pigeonholed by the answers of 0.0004% of their base.
Well I did hear Don Lemon say on CNN that if someone was unvaccinated that basically shouldn't be allowed to do anything. Noam Chomsky, who always came across previously as anti-authoritarian, recently said unvaccinated should isolate themselves from society. These are not examples of normal behavior.

As for the 1 in 4 Republicans statement you made. I have heard comments from more Republican, Conservative, and Libertarian people that are openly for these vaccine mandates. I haven't heard them say anyone shouldn't be allowed to participate in society or isolate themselves from the rest of society.

As for the 1 in 4 Republicans statement you made. I have heard comments from more Republican, Conservative, and Libertarian people that are openly for these vaccine mandates. I haven't heard them say anyone shouldn't be allowed to participate in society or isolate themselves from the rest of society.

I haven't either, but the poll numbers do support that statement. I only made that comment to drive home the point that with a different angle and a careful wording of analysis you can make anyone look almost any way you want them to.

This sounds very, very familiar to me. Despite being one big mother, I found ways to make myself invisible in those situations. You're definitely not alone in this.
I too am a larger man then most.

Just read this elsewhere and felt it might belong in here:

What if our current drug of choice is knowing who we're better than?

VN Store

Back