Scariest poll I have yet seen regarding Democrats

I copied and pasted straight from the Rasmussen site.
You purposely buried the lede. When broken down by the party delineation as claimed in the OP the Dems polled clearly favored punitive measures to near a simple majority. Lumped measures I think that was 45%? You are purposely burying that.

You purposely buried the lede. When broken down by the party delineation as claimed in the OP the Dems polled clearly favored punitive measures to near a simple majority. Lumped measures I think that was 45%? You are purposely burying that.

You're attributing malicious intent where there was none. If I had wanted to be a jerk, I wouldn't have repeatedly said "read the crosstabs" and linked it.

I didn't realize that I have to demonstrate a significantly higher maintenance of effort than others here in order to not be accused of inappropriate behavior.

Reactions: n_huffhines
HEY EVERYONE I CAN'T COPY AND PASTE FROM THE CROSSTABS SO YOU'LL HAVE TO CLICK THE LINK YOURSELVES I'M SORRY THAT MAKES ME A PARTISAN ASS

Reactions: alexbond45
See, sources like Fox, CNN, MSNBC are meant to dupe people in the 80-100 IQ range... your OP source is meant to entertain the minds in the 40-60 range.
You are aware that right scoop is not a news source in and of itself right? It is more of a news aggregator like Drudge that provides links to other actual media sources. I don’t think many people actually mistake them for an actual journalism site.

So how the hell did the author get 48% out of 13% + 14%?

I found 48% of Democrats willing to deny freedom in an egregious manner stunning. 27% sounds more like it.
You have to check the link in order to see the breakdown by party.

It is indeed true that 48% of democrats are willing to deny freedom in such a way.

You're attributing malicious intent where there was none. If I had wanted to be a jerk, I wouldn't have repeatedly said "read the crosstabs" and linked it.

I didn't realize that I have to demonstrate a significantly higher maintenance of effort than others here in order to not be accused of inappropriate behavior.

Freak invented the ignore button for good reason. Use it.

Heres the breakdown for that particular question:

Would you strongly favor, somewhat favor, somewhat oppose or strongly oppose a proposal for federal or state governments to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications?

Republicans

Strongly Favor: 7%
Somewhat Favor: 7%
Somewhat Oppose: 5%
Strongly Oppose: 76%
Not Sure: 5%

Democrats

Strongly Favor: 27%
Somewhat Favor: 21%
Somewhat Oppose: 19%
Strongly Oppose: 27%
Not Sure: 6%

Oh I don’t know if it was malicious or not but it was purposely disconnected from the story lede in the OP that much is clear.

Heres the breakdown for that particular question:

Would you strongly favor, somewhat favor, somewhat oppose or strongly oppose a proposal for federal or state governments to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications?

Republicans

Strongly Favor: 7%
Somewhat Favor: 7%
Somewhat Oppose: 5%
Strongly Oppose: 76%
Not Sure: 5%

Democrats

Strongly Favor: 27%
Somewhat Favor: 21%
Somewhat Oppose: 19%
Strongly Oppose: 27%
Not Sure: 6%
There's a huge difference between fine and imprison

Reactions: Sandman 423
HEY EVERYONE I CAN'T COPY AND PASTE FROM THE CROSSTABS SO YOU'LL HAVE TO CLICK THE LINK YOURSELVES I'M SORRY THAT MAKES ME A PARTISAN ASS
We’d settle for just not misrepresenting the point of the OP how’s that?

Well since the vaccine doesn’t prevent anything wouldn’t getting double your risk?

To be clear, it does have preventive value, just not what we thought it'd be. It's supposedly 52% effective against Omicron within 6 months of your last vaccine and the increased risk from the vax is very small. So no, it doesn't "double your risk". If the vax + covid work in aggregate, then the vaccine would only need to be 2% effective to offset risk.

Freak invented the ignore button for good reason. Use it.

I don't ignore people. He chaps my ass sometimes, but I actually value the perspective I get from @NorthDallas40 . Every other person on this board provides, either directly or indirectly, an opportunity for self reflection and position expansion.

You have to check the link in order to see the breakdown by party.

It is indeed true that 48% of democrats are willing to deny freedom in such a way.

This is getting complicated. I’m just gonna do the more logical practice of fact finding. Going to places I know democrats hang out, like Antifa meetings, Planned Parenthood, and basements all over this country. I’ll tell them I’m unvaccinated and ask if I should be: fined, confined, beaten, tortured, etc.

I’ll post the results here. Wish me luck.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I don't ignore people. He chaps my ass sometimes, but I actually value the perspective I get from @NorthDallas40 . Every other person on this board provides, either directly or indirectly, an opportunity for self reflection and position expansion.

Yeah, it's not that the ignored list doesn't present any value. They will try their best to waste my time, though.

Reactions: AshG
I don't ignore people. He chaps my ass sometimes, but I actually value the perspective I get from @NorthDallas40 . Every other person on this chart l board provides, either directly or indirectly, an opportunity for self reflection and position expansion.
Since you’ve come back I purposely try to not push your buttons. From our OT discussions a while back I understand how that needlessly irritates you. But I don’t back down either and I’ll challenge you like I’m doing here. It was next to no level of effort to present the info as pertains to the OP which is what I am pressing you on. It should still scare the hell out of people that 1 in 4 overall think it’s ok to apply punitive measures if I remember that ratio right? Might not be just winging it. I know from other exchanges you can actually present the data in the intent of the original discussion that’s it. I have also stated the original link was not useful and loaded with unneeded phraseology. I wish just the link to the poll had been provided but alas here we are. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: AshG
The question could have been worded better and more to the point, but still, does it make much difference?

Both are egregious violations of your rights.
Yup, it’s like if someone mugs you and says, hey, at least I didn’t kill you!

VN Store

Back