School Shooting in Knoxville

So I am just catching up on the details here.

The mayor was up the AGs arse berating her to release the video. Now we find out the AG spent 9 days trying to get in contact with the family so they could watch the video before it was released to the public. The family refused to communicate prior to Tuesday night. What a freaking joke.

The mayor was up the AGs arse berating her to release the video. Now we find out the AG spent 9 days trying to get in contact with the family so they could watch the video before it was released to the public. The family refused to communicate prior to Tuesday night. What a freaking joke.
The family is now saying they wanted the video released, but after their son’s funeral. The AG played this perfectly and let everyone mouth off and now they look like idiots.

I don’t think Crump is going to get them that payday they were hoping for.

The family is now saying they wanted the video released, but after their son’s funeral. The AG played this perfectly and let everyone mouth off and now they look like idiots.

I don’t think Crump is going to get them that payday they were hoping for.

I agree with you. The AG did play it very well.

Yea, Crump probably drops this like a 2 ton rock. The video is all good and then the fact that it was a black cop that shot him was just a cherry on top. They have no angles left.

I agree with you. The AG did play it very well.

Yea, Crump probably drops this like a 2 ton rock. The video is all good and then the fact that it was a black cop that shot him was just a cherry on top. They have no angles left.
Smartest thing she did was overkill it. She walked through every video so the press couldn't set the scenario. The only video she didn't show was Anthony hitting the girl - two different times - to show what kind of "kid" he truly was. Their only hope for finding fault in an official would be the principal for letting him loiter for hours in the school and not going to class. Him having the gun on school property is a felony.

That gun was pointed at officers several times through his jacket during that encounter. I'm having a hard time seeing what the police could've done different here. Hell, even after the kid fired his gun, they still struggled for three seconds trying to wrestle it away from him before he was shot. Political brain cancer will force certain people to say "THE COPS DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS!", but from a practical standpoint, I think they really did have to do what they did.

And the mayor continues to act like Anthony and his family are victims. He was a felon attempting to shoot a cop - he had plenty of time to ditch the gun before he was confronted - yet the city mayor doesn't praise the 4 officers who handled everything by the book to the letter, including not shooting the second male in the bathroom who put his hands on the officer when he realized that male was not a threat in a split second. Those 4 men saved the city millions and if Crump decides to test the waters with a suit, those 4 officers should counter sue the family and Crump for the anguish they will suffer the rest of their lives.

I posted this another time. If you want to take a look at who this kid thought he was look up Lil Dada and Lil Willie on youtube. That's him. The same kid the neighbor posted a live feed last week telling everyone he was an honor student at home by 10:30 every night.

I’m gonna be honest, I liked it. For some local, low budget stuff, it wasn’t bad

And the mayor continues to act like Anthony and his family are victims. He was a felon attempting to shoot a cop - he had plenty of time to ditch the gun before he was confronted - yet the city mayor doesn't praise the 4 officers who handled everything by the book to the letter, including not shooting the second male in the bathroom who put his hands on the officer when he realized that male was not a threat in a split second. Those 4 men saved the city millions and if Crump decides to test the waters with a suit, those 4 officers should counter sue the family and Crump for the anguish they will suffer the rest of their lives.

That's the liberal mindset. " they could have just talked to him, maybe hold hands, he really was a good kid"
I believe we should be thankful the kid did not shoot up the school and kill several "kids".
I'm sure Wilson and everyone at that school knew he was a problem. Look up his rap vids on youtube, (Lil Dada and Lil Willie) if you want to see this kids mindset and who he thought he was. Look up Aleyah Page on FB. Look at the pictures she has posted.

Lastly here are more lies and misinformation this person posted on Facebook the day of the shooting. Log In or Sign Up to View

Whoever the woman was who did the 2 hour presentation (DA?) did a great job.
The DA, Charm Allen, my opinion of her has gone up a lot during this event.
Technically I believe she is the DIstrict Attorney General so in court she's referred to as General......someone correct politely me if I'm wrong

Our mayor showed herself to be an idiot throughout this. She should have been a calming influence but instead was looking to stir the pot. I would hate to be a policeman in a city where I know the mayor would throw me under the bus without having all the facts. It’s under her watch that gang violence is increasing.

Reactions: davethevol
The family is in deep denial. I guess ole Crump has them wound up.

Elder said they don't agree the shooting was justified and hope others in the community agree. "We wanted y'all to see how they're treating our boys — our young Black men in this community," she said. "Enough is enough."

Family of Anthony Thompson Jr. demands justice after District Attorney says shooting was justified | wbir.com

They are so pissed. They were so close to the lawsuit lottery and are seeing it slip away.

Now I could believe they purposefully chose to avoid seeing the video for over a week, know the AG would not release it until they viewed it. Thus being able to get their community worked up over the issue.

That was my second date place when I was a kid. Sonic style service, but with beer? You bring a chick who can get down with some tater tots and is cool with washing it down with a budweiser tall boy in the car? Awesome.

You can't America much harder than that, fellas.

Good place to eat.

The family is in deep denial. I guess ole Crump has them wound up.

Elder said they don't agree the shooting was justified and hope others in the community agree. "We wanted y'all to see how they're treating our boys — our young Black men in this community," she said. "Enough is enough."

Family of Anthony Thompson Jr. demands justice after District Attorney says shooting was justified | wbir.com
Wasn't he a honor student...must have been a chemistry whizz what with carrying scales in his fanny pack.

Reactions: allvol123
Our mayor showed herself to be an idiot throughout this. She should have been a calming influence but instead was looking to stir the pot. I would hate to be a policeman in a city where I know the mayor would throw me under the bus without having all the facts. It’s under her watch that gang violence is increasing.

She is not very good at her job. Previous mayor was light years ahead of her intellectually.

They are so pissed. They were so close to the lawsuit lottery and are seeing it slip away.

Now I could believe they purposefully chose to avoid seeing the video for over a week, know the AG would not release it until they viewed it. Thus being able to get their community worked up over the issue.

Prediction: Lawsuit filed. Mayor and city council agree to multi-million dollar settlement.

Crump probably advised them to do exactly that. They’re going to get zero sympathy from the community outside of their gangbangin family members.

Reactions: Zues1 and allvol123
More white privilege where a black thug can shoot at a cop when given multiple chances to put his hands up and then the family of such upstanding child gets millions from the city.
The spin being put on this from that community is just insane. You should see the garbage they’re posting on the local news Facebook pages. Just absolute pieces of crap spewing nonsense.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
The spin being put on this from that community is just insane. You should see the garbage they’re posting on the local news Facebook pages. Just absolute pieces of crap spewing nonsense.
This is no different than the case in Columbus. Couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer. We will have a crisis on our hands in a very short time in filling positions.

VN Store

Back