Scramble for Africa 2.0

Makes you wonder who is paying Wagner. They aren’t doing it for free they are paid mercenaries. Is it the bald dwarf in Moscow or the various thug warlords Wagner is propping up.

yes, Wagner has been present for months, causing enough instability and damage to the government troops that the coup was able to be successful.
His self contradictions on a coup that never happened in Ukraine by the documented paper trail vs coup(s?) in Africa instigated by his favorite Russian dictator are hilarious to watch unfold.

Makes you wonder who is paying Wagner. They aren’t doing it for free they are paid mercenaries. Is it the bald dwarf in Moscow or the various thug warlords Wagner is propping up.
Wagner has been operating out of Mali, and Mali is one of the few neighbors to be FOR the junta. Mali has their own Uranium trade with France & the US.

Their deals aren't nearly as favorable as what Niger was getting, but there isn't the same history there.

Buddy of mine, who works with me at a firm I consult for just returned from meeting with all the bigwigs in Somalia. They are ready and open for biz with the USA but Russia just gave them $684M in debt relief.

It should be noted that coup leaders like Brig. Gen. Barmou weren't just trained by the Pentagon in Africa, but in his case he attended military schooling at Fort Benning, Georgia and the National Defense University in Washington, D.C.

Ft. Benning... Ground Zero for building revolutionaries and coup leaders.

Lloyd Austin to travel to African nations following coups​

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin will embark on a trip this week where he'll visit various U.S. allies in Africa.

His trip, starting Saturday, will include stops in Djibouti, Kenya, and Angola. He'll visit U.S. military personnel stationed in Djibouti and Kenya, where he'll reiterate "the Department's appreciation and gratitude for their service and dedication to promoting peace and security in the region," a Pentagon travel advisory said.

Ecowas: Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso quit West African bloc

In a joint statement - that was read out on state broadcasters in the three countries - they said Ecowas had "drifted from the ideals of its founding fathers and the spirit of Pan-Africanism."

It goes on to say that Ecowas "under the influence of foreign powers, betraying its founding principles, has become a threat to member states and peoples," adding that the bloc had failed to help them tackle the jihadist violence in their countries.

Niger breaks off military cooperation with US, as junta moves closer to Russia

Niger’s government announced on Saturday that it was breaking off “with immediate effect” its military cooperation agreement with the United States.

The declaration came just a day after a senior US delegation left Niger, following a three-day visit to renew contact with the military junta that ousted the president and moved closer to Russia.

Why don't we just leave these countries alone????

US Military Desperately Seeking To Stay In Niger Despite Order To Leave

Last year's coup in the country saw a military-led government come to power, which from the start signaled rough and uncertain times ahead for US-Niger relations. A Saturday statement by Nigerien junta spokesman Col. Maj. Amadou Abdramane said, "Niger regrets the intention of the American delegation to deny the sovereign Nigerien people the right to choose their partners and types of partnerships capable of truly helping them fight against terrorism."

This charge of the US not respecting the West African nation's sovereignty comes in reaction to recent Western intelligence claims that Niger is engaged in secret talks and deal-making to grant Iran access to its uranium. Singh in a Monday briefing had said, "We were troubled on the path that Niger is on."

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
History Westerners, especially Americans, don't want widely known. Typical of western imperialism and rape of African nations, especially those who dare to dream of breaking free of bondage and resource theft by westerners. Why Gaddafi was killed and Libya destroyed

No doubt, while I shed no tears for Gaddafi, our clocking him was specifically against our national interest, after he had let us know about Pakistan's a-bomb. It showed, once again, the US fkks over those it makes deals with for no discernable national gain. The Obama state dept was a bunch of idiots - or more likely a Clinton kleptocracy.

No doubt, while I shed no tears for Gaddafi, our clocking him was specifically against our national interest, after he had let us know about Pakistan's a-bomb. It showed, once again, the US fkks over those it makes deals with for no discernable national gain. The Obama state dept was a bunch of idiots - or more likely a Clinton kleptocracy.
I held your same disdain for Gaddafi at one time. I bought into the lies Western media told about him, hook, line, and sinker. Before, during, and after the Obama era. Heaped on top of that, I disliked his flamboyance, and how he treated he female bodyguards. It was not until later, I saw 2-3 African accounts of what he actually tried to do for African nations that I started to wonder "What else?" Then I saw a few Western accounts as well, which as you said, wasn't the first time we screwed foreign leaders over. It even mentioned Hồ Chí Minh who became a bitter enemy after how he was treated after serving France (?) militarily and seeking USA help to basically model his country's governance after America's right down to our Constitution. But trust me, the vilification of Gaddafi started long before Obama showed up. My understanding, was that he really didn't want to participate in attacking Libya. But the White pressures in Congress and the military, along with our Western White allies, won out. Being the sole Black man, he had to prove he was White enough to join in or ELSE. Kind of like Black cops on police forces, they have to prove they are BLUE rather than BLACK. Knowing what I know now, I kind of admire Gaddafi for what he tried to do.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

VN Store

Back