SEC once again has a pathetic NC schedule

Arent we scheduled to play North Carolina in 2011-2012, NC State in 2012, Oregon in 2013, Oklahoma in 2014-2015, Nebraska 2016-2017 and OSU 2018-2019??

Sounds like a pretty tough NC schedule to me.

if all SEC teams dominate all non-sec teams as you guys claim that clearly playing a tough nonconference schedule shouldn't be a burden right?

and let's take a look at Tenn schedule:
UCLA - Easy win
UAB - Easy win
Fla - Tough
Auburn - Tough
NIU - Easy win
Georgia - Tough
Miss. St. - Easy win
Alabama - Tough
South Carolina - Hard to say (probably easy win)
Wyoming - Easy win
Vandy - Easy win
Kentucky - Hard to say (probably easy win)

Winning 7-8 games in the SEC is EASY for an average team is probably easier than it is in any other major conference except the big east which has 5 non conference games. Winning 12 games is very very hard. Most pac-10 schools are good enough to give any top team a game on any given day (as has been proven by SC losing to UCLA, Stanford, and OSU. The same cannot be said for a good portion of the SEC.

The teams in the pac 10 such as OSU and Stanford ccan upset USC because they are not playing much of a tough schedule either, every team in your conference from top to bottom play 2 maybe 3 tough games a year and usually one of those is against an SEC opponent.. UCLA really only has 3 games on their schedule that the worst team in the SEC (Ole Miss or Miss. ST.) would lose, other than that i could see either Miss. team going 8-4(Oregon, the 4th loss, is a toss up) in the pac 10, whereas with their ooc and SEC schedule they will probably go 5-8... And keep in mind, Miss. State is one of our worse teams and their going on the road to play WVU this year, I dont see Stanford scheduling any games at Morgantown or Knoxville... And where is USC playing their "tough" nc game at? In Los Angeles against Ohio St. the team that has been manhandled the last two years by two SEC teams... USC has played in just about every Rose Bowl in their own backyard against weak opponents and the one tough game they had, they lost, when they had their best team ever.. they get the Rose Bowl handed to them every year and all they have to do to get in it is win 10 games against their soft schedule... Give Tennessee the Orange Bowl in Knoxville and i guarantee we will never lose another BCS game...

Miss St crooms someone every year, Vandy gets close (like UGA last year), UK beat LSU last year and plenty of others get taken to the wire by teams like Ol Miss and Ark.

You also paint UCLA as an easy win but was it that way when the contract was signed? There is a history between UT/UCLA too. Was Cal scheduled as a patsy? Was ND, Miami or future games like OU, Oregon and Neb?

Uga's road OOC has been an embarrassment for 50yrs but many of the other teams will step up and play the top.

cal was most definetly scheduled as a patsy (remember we were 1-10 in 2001). but tenn is the exception as I said earlier.

The teams in the pac 10 such as OSU and Stanford ccan upset USC because they are not playing much of a tough schedule either, every team in your conference from top to bottom play 2 maybe 3 tough games a year and usually one of those is against an SEC opponent.. UCLA really only has 3 games on their schedule that the worst team in the SEC (Ole Miss or Miss. ST.) would lose, other than that i could see either Miss. team going 8-4(Oregon, the 4th loss, is a toss up) in the pac 10, whereas with their ooc and SEC schedule they will probably go 5-8... And keep in mind, Miss. State is one of our worse teams and their going on the road to play WVU this year, I dont see Stanford scheduling any games at Morgantown or Knoxville...

Ole Miss and Miss State wouldn't beat 7 pac-10 teams and would have big problems with the other 3.

if all SEC teams dominate all non-sec teams as you guys claim that clearly playing a tough nonconference schedule shouldn't be a burden right?

and let's take a look at Tenn schedule:
UCLA - Easy win
UAB - Easy win
Fla - Tough
Auburn - Tough
NIU - Easy win
Georgia - Tough
Miss. St. - Easy win
Alabama - Tough
South Carolina - Hard to say (probably easy win)
Wyoming - Easy win
Vandy - Easy win
Kentucky - Hard to say (probably easy win)

Winning 7-8 games in the SEC is EASY for an average team is probably easier than it is in any other major conference except the big east which has 5 non conference games. Winning 12 games is very very hard. Most pac-10 schools are good enough to give any top team a game on any given day (as has been proven by SC losing to UCLA, Stanford, and OSU. The same cannot be said for a good portion of the SEC.

Those wins are easy because UT is good. We would get plenty of easy wins in your joke conference.

Most pac-10 schools are good enough to give any top team a game on any given day (as has been proven by SC losing to UCLA, Stanford, and OSU. The same cannot be said for a good portion of the SEC.

No, all those games say is that USC finds it hard to get up for some of the trash they play. Stanford is worthless in football.

is it no wonder why the SEC has the most bowl eligable teams every year? just win 2 conference games and you go to a bowl. The hardest SEC schedule would rank 7th in the pac-10.

SEC

1. Florida: Hawaii, Miami, Citadel, at Florida State
2. Tennessee: at UCLA, UAB, Northern Illinois, Wyoming
3. Georgia: Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, at Arizona State, Georgia Tech
4. South Carolina: North Carolina State, Wofford, UAB, at Clemson
5. Auburn: Louisiana-Monroe, Southern Miss, at West Virginia, Tennessee-Martin
6. Ole Miss: Memphis, at Wake Forest, Samford, Louisiana-Monroe
7. Arkansas: Western Illinois, Louisiana-Monroe, at Texas, Tulsa
8. Alabama: vs. Clemson, Tulane, Western Kentucky, Arkansas State
9. Mississippi State: at Louisiana Tech, Southeastern Louisiana, at Georgia Tech, Middle Tennessee.
10. Vanderbilt: at Miami (OH), Rice, Duke, at Wake Forest
11. LSU: Appalachian State, Troy, North Texas, Tulane
12. Kentucky: at Louisville, Norfolk State, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky

Games against BCS schools: 15 (out of 48): 31 percent.

Games against Championship Subdivision schools: 9 (out of 33 remaining): 27 percent.

The pac-10 on the other hand:

Pac-10

1. USC: at Virginia, Ohio State, Notre Dame
2. Washington: BYU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame
3. UCLA: Tennessee, at BYU, Fresno State
4. Oregon State: at Penn State, Hawaii, at Utah
5. California: Michigan State, at Maryland, Colorado State
6. Arizona State: Georgia, Northern Arizona, UNLV
7. Oregon: Utah State, at Purdue, Boise State
8. Washington State: Oklahoma State, at Baylor, Portland State
9. Stanford: at TCU, San Jose State, at Notre Dame
10. Arizona: Idaho, Toledo, at New Mexico

Games against BCS schools: 14 (out of 30 possible): 47 percent.

Games against Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) schools: 2 (out of 16 possible): 13 percent.

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NCAA Football stats, scores, standings, and blogs from NCAA Football columnists
You are a clown. I've seen you post stuff on here, and for the most part is okay stuff, but you have just erased it all with this post.

Arizona - sucks Bottom feeder
Arizona St. - okay at best
Cal - sucks Bottom feeder, always fold
Oregon - okay Was good b/c of Dixon
Oregon St. - sucks
Stanford - sucks
UCLA - sucks
USC - Mark May loves them, great coach
Washington - sucks
Washington St - sucks

Now you're telling me in your rational mind that the Pac-10 plays a tougher schedule then the SEC week in and week out. I for one think you are crazy. If you think the tough scheduling is a direct reflection of your record last year, get over yourself. You're Cal, you have a bunch of tree-huggers that play football. You always fold when it counts the most. Tedford is not in the same class as SEC's coaches and your team could not compete week in and week out in the SEC. Defenses too strong and coaches would devise game plans and not let you send toilet paper up in the trees. You would be under .500. Now, with saying that, the only three teams that could compete in the SEC would be USC, Oregon, and Arizona St. That is just competing, that is not winning a SEC Championship. The SEC has 4 legitimate teams in the EAST (UF, UT, SC, GA), not to mention the WEST, that could win any year. Of the PAC10 teams I listed (USC, Oregon, Arizona St.) only one of those could compete each year for the SEC championship, and I think you know who that team is? This debate will go on forever, I just wish you could come play in a real conference and settle it.

The bottom line is USC IS the Pac 10 right now. You can tell me I'm wrong, but as of the last few years, no one else is really important around the country.

Ole Miss and Miss State wouldn't beat 7 pac-10 teams and would have big problems with the other 3.

How many games do you think USC would win if they played this schedule?

LSU
Tulane
Auburn
Gardner Webb
South Carolina
UAB
Tennessee
West Virginia
Kentucky
Alabama
Arkansas
Mississipi
Central Florida

Yes this is an actual schedule (Miss. St.) and yes that is Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama and Arkansas in consecutive weeks...

The bottom line is USC IS the Pac 10 right now. You can tell me I'm wrong, but as of the last few years, no one else is really important around the country.

I never said that the SEC isn't more top heavy than the pac-10, just that the SEC has an embarassing nonconference schedule and because of the crap at the bottom of the SEC winning 7 or 8 games is easy. you guys are sensitive and easy to troll. :p

How many games do you think USC would win if they played this schedule?

LSU
Tulane
Auburn
Gardner Webb
South Carolina
UAB
Tennessee
West Virginia
Kentucky
Alabama
Arkansas
Mississipi
Central Florida

Yes this is an actual schedule (Miss. St.) and yes that is Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama and Arkansas in consecutive weeks...

they would win 10 games easy just like they did the last couple of years.

I never said that the SEC isn't more top heavy than the pac-10, just that the SEC has an embarassing nonconference schedule and because of the crap at the bottom of the SEC winning 7 or 8 games is easy. you guys are sensitive and easy to troll. :p

You showed us UT's schedule and picked out easy wins. Do you really not think UT could get 7-8 in the Pac 10. I'd say they would have a great shot at the title if they could upset USC.

could stanford, oregon state, or Washington St. win even 5 games in the SEC? I dont think so...

sure they play their 4 nonconferece patsies and surely would win 1 conference game considering the dregs at the bottom. i'd venture to say boise state could win 5 or 6 games in the SEC.

sure they play their 4 nonconferece patsies and surely would win 1 conference game considering the dregs at the bottom.

Youve posted it already so tell me which SEC team's nc schedule would stanford clean?.. and then give me one sec team they would beat

how about LSU: Appalachian State, Troy, North Texas, Tulane. I'd say they'd win all 4 of those. and i'd say they could beat miss state or ole miss.

As for the SEC bottom dwellers have no chance theory. Ole Miss nearly beat Florida last year. MSU has beaten Auburn, Florida, and a few other good teams in recent years. Vandy's beat UGA recently and nearly beat them last year. UK has beaten UGA and LSU lately. South Carolina was a blocked field goal away from defeating the National Champion Gators in 2006. If you're listing Stanford beating USC as evidence that all ten Pac-10 teams are pretty good, then surely these things must factor into the equation.

VN Store

Back