SEC once again has a pathetic NC schedule

It amazes me that USC manages to lose a game almost every year in that trash conference. UT would go undefeated nearly every year in the WACK10 with a possible loss to USC occasionally.

Thats a little too much of an overstatement. USC is incredibly good. I don't think its fair to say we lost to the #7 pac-10 team being they lost their QB and were undefeated up to that point.

The point of this thread isn't if USC is good... year in year out the SEC is the toughest. Not a wide a gap as there was, but it still is.

There is some SEC envy going on, no doubts there. That's why the thread exists.

Thats a little too much of an overstatement. USC is incredibly good. I don't think its fair to say we lost to the #7 pac-10 team being they lost their QB and were undefeated up to that point.

They'd played 2 conference games before their loss to Oregon State.

Wasn't he injured in the Oregon game. Cause im pretty sure the oregon state game was the one the backup ffed up by staying on the field too long.

Ya it was that game i just checked. They lost to ASU cause the backup messed up in the final seconds. Longshore was then forced to play on a sprained ankle the next few weeks and from there they collapsed. They were also pumped for us. App. St. beat Michigan, one game does not determine how one conference bodes against the other. I'm not saying the pac-10 is inferior, in fact i think USC could beat any SEC team next year, its just top to bottom we win. They may be stronger at the top while we are stronger at the bottom.

All this USC love is ridiculous. I really wish LSU and Auburn would have been allowed to lay the wood on them during USC's national title runs. Also, so what that we lost to Cal? The SEC still owns the all time record against the Pac-10 by a good 30 games. There is no other conference close to the SEC from top to bottom. There may be teams, but not conferences. We put more teams in bowl games, have more national titles, and more bowl wins than pretty much everybody since the inception of the BCS.

USC and then who? The SEC has 3 different BCS national champions with LSU sharing one of the USC titles, and one more team that got gipped since the BCS title came to be. The Pac-10 has exactly 1. Call me when more than one of their teams wins a title in a 10 year period.

So what? The ACC has two teams that have been national champions since the start of the BCS (granted one was in the big east when they won it). You going to argue that the ACC is better than the Pac-10?

The SEC leads the Pac-10 all time 59-36-5

Since 1990 the SEC only leads 10-9.

Okay SEC fanboys, explain to me how that isn't the gap narrowing?
Also, yes, I believe the SEC is better, but it isn't the be all end all that you guys think it is.

All this USC love is ridiculous. I really wish LSU and Auburn would have been allowed to lay the wood on them during USC's national title runs. Also, so what that we lost to Cal? The SEC still owns the all time record against the Pac-10 by a good 30 games. There is no other conference close to the SEC from top to bottom. There may be teams, but not conferences. We put more teams in bowl games, have more national titles, and more bowl wins than pretty much everybody since the inception of the BCS.

Auburn would have been humiliated.

Ya it was that game i just checked. They lost to ASU cause the backup messed up in the final seconds. Longshore was then forced to play on a sprained ankle the next few weeks and from there they collapsed. They were also pumped for us. App. St. beat Michigan, one game does not determine how one conference bodes against the other. I'm not saying the pac-10 is inferior, in fact i think USC could beat any SEC team next year, its just top to bottom we win. They may be stronger at the top while we are stronger at the bottom.

Well that explains it. Never mind then. Nevermind the fact that the "undefeated" portion of the schedule you were referring to included only 2 Pac-10 teams, Louisiana Tech, and Colorado State.

if all SEC teams dominate all non-sec teams as you guys claim that clearly playing a tough nonconference schedule shouldn't be a burden right?

and let's take a look at Tenn schedule:
UCLA - Easy win
UAB - Easy win
Fla - Tough
Auburn - Tough
NIU - Easy win
Georgia - Tough
Miss. St. - Easy win
Alabama - Tough
South Carolina - Hard to say (probably easy win)
Wyoming - Easy win
Vandy - Easy win
Kentucky - Hard to say (probably easy win)

Winning 7-8 games in the SEC is EASY for an average team is probably easier than it is in any other major conference except the big east which has 5 non conference games. Winning 12 games is very very hard. Most pac-10 schools are good enough to give any top team a game on any given day (as has been proven by SC losing to UCLA, Stanford, and OSU. The same cannot be said for a good portion of the SEC.

South Carolina has never been an easy game for UT since Spurrier took over as head coach there. It will be a very tough game for UT.

See the bolded and underlined quote. That's just pure crap. Most PAC-10 teams are absolute doormats for any decent team.

how about LSU: Appalachian State, Troy, North Texas, Tulane. I'd say they'd win all 4 of those. and i'd say they could beat miss state or ole miss.

I've got news for you. Appalachian State would beat the living **%@ out of Standford.

I've got news for you. Appalachian State would beat the living **%@ out of Standford.

What division is Standford in?

Actually you are probably right, god knows how Stanford beat USC last year. That was a bigger upset than APSU v. Michigan.

Regardless, LSU still has the worst NC schedule of all the SEC teams. APSU is probably the best team on that list.

What division is Standford in?

Actually you are probably right, god knows how Stanford beat USC last year. That was a bigger upset than APSU v. Michigan.

Appalachian State is no joke. They're the 3-time defending national champion and they have an absolute stud at quarterback, and he's only a junior. He started as a true freshman and has lead them to two national championships in his first two seasons. He's like a Michael Vick that can actually complete a pass. They run the same spead offense that Florida runs, and it is perfectly suited for their quarterback.

This thread is a joke, I wish Cal could see what it takes to be in a real conference.

Come down here, and play the teams we play year in and year out, and you'll be begging to go back to playing ONE challenging game a year.

This thread is a joke, I wish Cal could see what it takes to be in a real conference.

Come down here, and play the teams we play year in and year out, and you'll be begging to go back to playing ONE challenging game a year.

You fail. Do me a favor, watch a few Pac 10 games this year.

And ASU will beat Georgia this year

Appalachian State is no joke. They're the 3-time defending national champion and they have an absolute stud at quarterback, and he's only a junior. He started as a true freshman and has lead them to two national championships in his first two seasons. He's like a Michael Vick that can actually complete a pass. They run the same spead offense that Florida runs, and it is perfectly suited for their quarterback.

Oh yeah, that QB is insane. They will probably give LSU fits for the first half or three quarters of the game.

LSU played Appalachian State in Baton Rouge on November 5, 2005, playing against what was, in my opinion, by far Appalachian State's worst of its three national championship teams (ASU didn't have its current quarterback yet). LSU beat Appalachian State 24-0. Appalachian State outrushed LSU in that game.

That game was late in the season and gave LSU's team time to gel. This year, they play on August 30th in the first game of the season. It will be a competitive game.

LSU played Appalachian State in Baton Rouge on November 5, 2005, playing against what was, in my opinion, by far Appalachian State's worst of its three national championship teams (ASU didn't have its current quarterback yet). LSU beat Appalachian State 24-0. Appalachian State outrushed LSU in that game.

That game was late in the season and gave LSU's team time to gel. This year, they play on August 30th in the first game of the season. It will be a competitive game.

Wasn't that the year their QB (primarily a rusher) injured his leg in the championship game but still managed to pass them to victory?

Well that explains it. Never mind then. Nevermind the fact that the "undefeated" portion of the schedule you were referring to included only 2 Pac-10 teams, Louisiana Tech, and Colorado State.

NO but the starting QB getting injured did.

VN Store

Back