SEC once again has a pathetic NC schedule

Droski for the Nation Championship.

OHIO ST. HAS A GREAT TEAM!!!!!

FL. vs. Ohio St. Stomped ther a__!
LSU vs. Ohio St. stomped their a__!
It happens all the time.

I didn't. I just wanted to ask a random question. Since no one has an answer that means I stumed you all.

As for the SEC bottom dwellers have no chance theory. Ole Miss nearly beat Florida last year. MSU has beaten Auburn, Florida, and a few other good teams in recent years. Vandy's beat UGA recently and nearly beat them last year. UK has beaten UGA and LSU lately. South Carolina was a blocked field goal away from defeating the National Champion Gators in 2006. If you're listing Stanford beating USC as evidence that all ten Pac-10 teams are pretty good, then surely these things must factor into the equation.

i agree except that nearly beating doesn't count much does it? lots of lousy teams nearly beat great teams. i don't say all ten pac-10 teams are pretty good, just that their aren't guarenteed wins in the pac-10.

Basically it comes down to this

Top of the SEC > Top of PAC 10
Bottom of the SEC > Bottom of PAC 10

Our in conference schedule >>> your in conference schedule, so our total schedule > your total schedule

i agree except that nearly beating doesn't count much does it? lots of lousy teams nearly beat great teams. i don't say all ten pac-10 teams are pretty good, just that their aren't guarenteed wins in the pac-10.

I'd say for a team that finished #2 in the nation, South Carolina would be about as much of a sure win as you could ask for. Didn't work out too well. Vanderbilt is probably widely recognized as the SEC's crappiest football program. They've beaten some of he heavyweights in recent years. I'd guess Mississippi State would probably be the SEC West's Vandy. They've also had a few wins over the big boys lately.

I agree on principle with the weak out of conference schedules this year. However the brutality, toughness and depth of the SEC is most notably recognizable in the number of teams that have won national championships in the last ...gulp...ten years. (Has it been that long?:eek:lol:)

Not to mention the fact that Auburn should've had an opportunity to play for one in 04.

how about LSU: Appalachian State, Troy, North Texas, Tulane. I'd say they'd win all 4 of those. and i'd say they could beat miss state or ole miss.

The answer is, Stanford would lose to Appy St. and Troy, and Tulane would have a good chance too... Stanford cannot beat any team in the SEC, they would go 0-8 in the SEC

I don't know about Stanford going 0-8! But the SEC does not play weak schedules. Does anyone know how hard it is to sechule 4 games a year? It is not easy. You can't play "great" teams every Non Conf game. It can't be done. Every team plays at least 1 -2 weak OC games a year. With 119 teams, it is going to happen. The small schools want to play the Big schools, it funds their program. It should be this way. What would UF, UT, Ga record be if their OC games were USC, Texas, Nebraska, Miami, Michigan, ect...every year? 8-4 or 9-3 on average? It would not be fair! Play you conf games and 1-2 good OC teams and 2 patsies. that is just fine!

Basically it comes down to this

Top of the SEC > Top of PAC 10
Bottom of the SEC > Bottom of PAC 10

Our in conference schedule >>> your in conference schedule, so our total schedule > your total schedule

Exactly!!:eek:k:

I don't know about Stanford going 0-8! But the SEC does not play weak schedules. Does anyone know how hard it is to sechule 4 games a year? It is not easy. You can't play "great" teams every Non Conf game. It can't be done. Every team plays at least 1 -2 weak OC games a year. With 119 teams, it is going to happen. The small schools want to play the Big schools, it funds their program. It should be this way. What would UF, UT, Ga record be if their OC games were USC, Texas, Nebraska, Miami, Michigan, ect...every year? 8-4 or 9-3 on average? It would not be fair! Play you conf games and 1-2 good OC teams and 2 patsies. that is just fine!

Exactly! Scheduling nc games is like playing Robin Hood. Give to the poor, not the rich. Besides, that's what every other big time program is doing as well (for the most part).

Exactly! Scheduling nc games is like playing Robin Hood. Give to the poor, not the rich. Besides, that's what every other big time program is doing as well (for the most part).

Yea! Someone agrees with me about something!!!!

Geat ALL the wins you can get!!!!!! Simple!

Anyone that wants "great" games every week:
Then the only teams that should play in D1 (FBS or whatever it is now) are Pac Ten, SEC, Big east, Big Ten, ACC, and Big 12. What is that......70 teams??? get rid of all the other D1 schools and put them in 1AA (fcs whatever).

The smaller schools have the same rights as the "BIG" schools! Give them a chance. Hell......the Patriots play the Dolphins, Jets and Bills 6 times a year. talk about WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

droski, sorry but Miss. St. would probably beat Stanford, Washington, Oregon St., Arizona, UCLA, Washington St. and give Cal (at least the Cal of last year) a run for their money. You were right about Ole Miss though. Vandy would have been a better example, most of the teams in your conference would probably thrash them.

Pac-10 will get early bragging rights this season when ASU knocks off UGA in their first game.

This whole thread basically boils down to the PAC-10's inferiority complex. I would be tired of hearing how much better the SEC is year in and year out too, but it doesn't make it less true.

It amazes me that USC manages to lose a game almost every year in that trash conference. UT would go undefeated nearly every year in the WACK10 with a possible loss to USC occasionally.

It amazes me that USC manages to lose a game almost every year in that trash conference. UT would go undefeated nearly every year in the WACK10 with a possible loss to USC occasionally.

If by occasionally you mean every year, then that's correct.

If by occasionally you mean every year, then that's correct.

Exactly.

UT would be a perennial silver medalist in the pac-10. In UT's defense, 99% of college football teams would suffer the same fate if they had to compete for a conference championship with Southern Cal.

The Big Orange would occasionally sneak up and upset SC or benefit from another team upsetting the men of Troy, but it would definitely be the exception, not the norm.

UT would probably win 3, maybe 4, pac 10 titles every decade.

We would lose to Oregon and Arizona St. on occasion.

I think we should just stick to the argument, that from top to bottom the SEC is simply a better conference.

like it or not, the Pac-10 is gaining. The gap isn't nearly as large as it was 4 or 5 years ago, and is not nearly as large as some make it out to be.

like it or not, the Pac-10 is gaining. The gap isn't nearly as large as it was 4 or 5 years ago, and is not nearly as large as some make it out to be.

USC and then who? The SEC has 3 different BCS national champions with LSU sharing one of the USC titles, and one more team that got gipped since the BCS title came to be. The Pac-10 has exactly 1. Call me when more than one of their teams wins a title in a 10 year period.

if all SEC teams dominate all non-sec teams as you guys claim that clearly playing a tough nonconference schedule shouldn't be a burden right?

and let's take a look at Tenn schedule:
UCLA - Easy win
UAB - Easy win
Fla - Tough
Auburn - Tough
NIU - Easy win
Georgia - Tough
Miss. St. - Easy win
Alabama - Tough
South Carolina - Hard to say (probably easy win)
Wyoming - Easy win
Vandy - Easy win
Kentucky - Hard to say (probably easy win)

Winning 7-8 games in the SEC is EASY for an average team is probably easier than it is in any other major conference except the big east which has 5 non conference games. Winning 12 games is very very hard. Most pac-10 schools are good enough to give any top team a game on any given day (as has been proven by SC losing to UCLA, Stanford, and OSU. The same cannot be said for a good portion of the SEC.

If you honestly are saying that Stanford, OSU, and UCLA are good then you are mistaken. Those teams are FAR inferior to USC, it more more USC mistakes than the other teams play.
I honestly think you are one of the only people that still believe the SEC is not tough. I have read on both Ohio STate and UCLA boards praise for the SEC. Its not as much our best is better than the other bests, its just our confrence goes deeper (see bowl teams from SEC).
As much as i believe that UF was a better team than michigan this year it is important to note that they were the NUMBER THREE TEAM IN THE EAST playing the Big Ten #2. If you matched out top 8 against any other conference top 8 we would win every time.

VN Store

Back