SEC once again has a pathetic NC schedule

I am in no way saying that no one is close to the SEC, in fact the PAC-10 is probably close to on par with us. I think the SEC is probably 2-3 teams deeper at the moment than the pac is. The SEC is still the premiere conference in the land.

All this USC love is ridiculous. I really wish LSU and Auburn would have been allowed to lay the wood on them during USC's national title runs. Also, so what that we lost to Cal? The SEC still owns the all time record against the Pac-10 by a good 30 games. There is no other conference close to the SEC from top to bottom. There may be teams, but not conferences. We put more teams in bowl games, have more national titles, and more bowl wins than pretty much everybody since the inception of the BCS.

Auburn was humilitated when they played them... so was Arkansas, the year that Arkansas won the West. Didn't they loose by like 50?

SEC fanboy... :hmm:

Guess I'm guilty as charged. I don't understand all this PAC-10 love. Is it like the new popular opinion now? The PAc is better than they were, but to argue they're better than the SEC as a whole is ludicrous.

if all SEC teams dominate all non-sec teams as you guys claim that clearly playing a tough nonconference schedule shouldn't be a burden right?

and let's take a look at Tenn schedule:
UCLA - Easy win
UAB - Easy win
Fla - Tough
Auburn - Tough
NIU - Easy win
Georgia - Tough
Miss. St. - Easy win
Alabama - Tough
South Carolina - Hard to say (probably easy win)
Wyoming - Easy win
Vandy - Easy win
Kentucky - Hard to say (probably easy win)

Winning 7-8 games in the SEC is EASY for an average team is probably easier than it is in any other major conference except the big east which has 5 non conference games. Winning 12 games is very very hard. Most pac-10 schools are good enough to give any top team a game on any given day (as has been proven by SC losing to UCLA, Stanford, and OSU. The same cannot be said for a good portion of the SEC.
The fact you try to pass Stanford, who lost to Notre Dame, off as decent shows what utter trash the PAC 10 is, was, and always will be.

Auburn would have been humiliated.

Oh horse hockey. You cannot say that with any amount of certainty because they never got a shot. Auburn had just as good a chance at beating USC as anyone. In fact, let me throw out a what if too, USC would have been humiliated. To emailvol, Miami was part of the Big East when they won, you even pointed that out, so what in the world are you talking about with the ACC? I'm going to ask this again, if you remove USC what exactly does the Pac-10 have going for it? Also, Auburn was wasted by USC in a season where they didn't go undefeated, that point has nothing to do with an exceptional 13-0 Auburn team getting a shot. The Arkansas team that got clown stomped isn't even in the same breath as either national title winning LSU teams or the 2004 Auburn Tigers.

Oh horse hockey. You cannot say that with any amount of certainty because they never got a shot. Auburn had just as good a chance at beating USC as anyone. In fact, let me throw out a what if too, USC would have been humiliated. To emailvol, Miami was part of the Big East when they won, you even pointed that out, so what in the world are you talking about with the ACC? I'm going to ask this again, if you remove USC what exactly does the Pac-10 have going for it?

Yep, which is why they would have failed - just like everyone else. Look how Auburn fared against USC the two years right before 2004, then get back to me. Also, anyone with National Championship aspirations need not schedule the Citadel.

Yep, which is why they would have failed - just like everyone else. Look how Auburn fared against USC the two years right before 2004, then get back to me. Also, anyone with National Championship aspirations need not schedule the Citadel.

How do the 2002 teams have anything to do with the USC or Auburn teams fielded in 2004? Auburn could have beat USC. Both teams had significant changes in that 2 year span, such as losing Carson Palmer. Unless they magically played in 2004, and I missed it, no one can say for sure who would win.

How do the 2002 teams have anything to do with the USC or Auburn teams fielded in 2004? Auburn would have beat USC. Completely different QBs.

That is possible, the point is year in year out USC way better. ESP since 2004 on. I know comparing teams to games is silly, but in 06 (i think the last time USC played an SEC team) USC beat Ark 50-14 in Fayetteville. That same year Ark Beat Auburn 27-10 in Auburn. USC is really good.

That is possible, the point is year in year out USC way better. ESP since 2004 on. I know comparing teams to games is silly, but in 06 (i think the last time USC played an SEC team) USC beat Ark 50-14 in Fayetteville. That same year Ark Beat Auburn 27-10 in Auburn. USC is really good.

I'm not debating the fact that USC is a really good team. I'm pointing out that SEC teams should have a shot at them when they went for a national title. In fact, the only debate I'm really making is that if you removed USC from the Pac-10 what leads you to believe that it's a conference catching up with the SEC? 1 team does not a conference make.

How do the 2002 teams have anything to do with the USC or Auburn teams fielded in 2004? Auburn could have beat USC. Both teams had significant changes in that 2 year span, such as losing Carson Palmer. Unless they magically played in 2004, and I missed it, no one can say for sure who would win.

You might recall Auburn was drilled (shutout) by the Trojans in 2003 with Matt Leinart running the show. Auburn could have beaten USC, but it would have been an upset, as the Trojans were a much better team.

You might recall Auburn was drilled (shutout) by the Trojans in 2003 with Matt Leinart running the show. Auburn could have beaten USC, but it would have been an upset, as the Trojans were a much better team.

I'm well aware of who drilled who, but I'm simply pointing out that the SEC never had a shot at them during their title years (when we should have). I'm still wondering why people consider the Pac-10 a close second when USC is their only team of note.

I'm well aware of who drilled who, but I'm simply pointing out that the SEC never had a shot at them during their title years (when we should have). I'm still wondering why people consider the Pac-10 a close second when USC is their only team of note.

Auburn played them in 2003 and was spanked. USC won a championship that year.

Auburn played them in 2003 and was spanked. USC won a championship that year.

They should have played LSU for that championship, instead of splitting it. Auburn wasn't even on the map that season, but they were in 2004.

onepetect9.jpg

I agree that the Trojans have it easier in the Pac-10 than the SEC but not by much. If you stack Pac up to any conference but the SEC they are stronger.

Actually other than OSU USC has got a pretty week schedule this year.

Hard to fault them for that, though. They've got some teams on the schedule that you can normally count on being pretty good, but they probably won't be next year.

we have played cal the first game of the season for the past 2 years, and get UCLA first this year. UCLA probably wont be good this year, but is normally thought of as a good team. And someone may have already said all this, but lets see someone take the NC away from the SEC and then we will talk.

Georgia loses a game they shouldn't once or twice every year. That + Dennis Erickson = my upset special for the first week.
There's no bigger Dennis Erickson fan than me. However, they don't yet have the personnel to go into Athens and win.

VN Store

Back