September 10, 2024 Presidential Debate Thread. (Insert snarky subtitles here.)

I'd say the mills being unable to function at full capacity was because of covid. Semantics I know...
Still not the issue.
The entire Canadian and North American lumber industry went full stop due to an infestation of beetles.
The timing could not have been worse as it was on the tail of wildfires and a massive hurricane. Lumber jumped trough the roof but nothing else did. Even toilet paper when was as scarce as hen teeth didn’t jump in price.

This wasn’t a covid pandemic problem and it wasn’t about greed. It was simply supply and demand.

When you’re breading a cow what are you feeling for to insert the injector in?
Must not have hit send.
2nd notch, I usually went all the way thru then eased back one notch, never heard it called an injector, last bull I used was prompt, #1 in hoards dairyman for milk production. You do know what hoards dairyman was don't you?

Reactions: hog88
My dairy was close to Bernard Ellis and Roy Snyder dairy farms but mine was on Piney road, where was yours?
Collegedale just outside the McKee banking company property. Guess who we supply.

And you don’t have a dairy anymore than you understand construction because you own a bull float and a brush.
And honestly I’m not convinced you are capable of that either.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Still not the issue.
The entire Canadian and North American lumber industry went full stop due to an infestation of beetles.
The timing could not have been worse as it was on the tail of wildfires and a massive hurricane. Lumber jumped trough the roof but nothing else did. Even toilet paper when was as scarce as hen teeth didn’t jump in price.

This wasn’t a covid pandemic problem and it wasn’t about greed. It was simply supply and demand.

Beetles were part of the problem for sure but they only represented a portion of the 800% increase from March 2020 to late spring 2021 peaks...

Numerous other causes as well. Greed was not one of them though..

Reactions: Orangeslice13
When you’re breading a cow what are you feeling for to insert the injector in?
Yeah, all I know is when my uncle took me down to his neighbor’s dairy farm, and having zero forewarning or expectation of actually seeing a cow artificially inseminated at the tender age of six years old, I damn near passed out. Right then and there the whole cattle/dairy farmer gig was a big NO for me.

I owned a class a dairy and milked in a walk thru pit. What type dairy did you own? An A dairy sells to any market including drinking milk, there were a few B dairies in Lawrence county mostly Mennonite. With a b dairy inspection was not close to being as rigorous and bacteria levels didn't matter so much, somatic cell counts could be thru the roof, most b milk went to butter or cheese

So you do know some about it.

My family has been dairying for 100+ years, I left the farm decades ago but my youngest brother still runs it with our dad. They milk around 120+/- head, I own maybe 1/4 of the herd. Been members of DFA since I can remember and my dad was on the BoDs until a couple years ago.

Must not have hit send.
2nd notch, I usually went all the way thru then eased back one notch, never heard it called an injector, last bull I used was prompt, #1 in hoards dairyman for milk production. You do know what hoards dairyman was don't you?

I placed in the 1986 judging contest. So yeah I’m familiar.

Yeah, all I know is when my uncle took me down to his neighbor’s dairy farm, and having zero forewarning or expectation of actually seeing a cow artificially inseminated at the tender age of six years old, I damn near passed out. Right then and there the whole cattle/dairy farmer gig was a big NO for me.

Did the arm up a cows ass leave a scar?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Did the arm up a cows ass leave a scar?
Pretty much. Mostly the nasty mess that was the sleeve the farmer had on when he pulled it back out. That’s when the dizzy spell set in. “Oh, s**t!” and headed for the exit was my response. My dad howled when my uncle told him how it all went down. Pretty sure that’s the first time I swore. I just didn’t know what else to say.

Reactions: hog88
That would be a welcomed surprise! Unfortunately she isn't required to do so given her opponent. You know, according to some in this forum, one of the greatest businessmen in the world
This woman would get eviscerated by the likes of Vivek. Trump is just making it too easy for her. Speak on policy, avoid going off on tangents and keep making the point that she’s answering nothing. He just can’t do it.

Pretty much. Mostly the nasty mess that was the sleeve the farmer had on when he pulled it back out. That’s when the dizzy spell set in. “Oh, s**t!” and headed for the exit was my response. My dad howled when my uncle told him how it all went down. Pretty sure that’s the first time I swore. I just didn’t know what else to say.

😂 I have stories of friends spending the night (dad looked at them as free labor) just as funny.

Reactions: Vol737

Reactions: tvolsfan

VN Store

Back