Shameful and scary..

We had 6 TDs in the first half. Could have easily had 70 points if we wanted. Please don't compare this to Dooley.

Reactions: 4 people
Also, lets compare how well we ran the ball last night against how well we ran against Montana in 2011. That will show us for sure that Butch is no better than Dooley.

We had 6 TDs in the first half. Could have easily had 70 points if we wanted. Please don't compare this to Dooley.

You have no idea how pumped up I am to have Butch Jones, I just simply pointed out that their 1st games had a lot of similarities.

What were the stats from Fulmers, Majors, Sabans first game? I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: 3 people
I simply cant believe that more people came to the 2010 opener than the 2013 opener. I thought the excitement around the program was at an all time high.

Yeah how about Dooley and his coaching staff against LSU. His team was not disciplined enough to win at last second.

I'll be honest, I didn't even watcht the 2nd half. I would bet UT called off the dogs but had they wanted could have scored 100 if they wanted to.

They played, second/third/fourth string in the second half. I am sure it would have been 70-0 easily otherwise.

Reactions: 1 person
That is in no way complaining. Just pointing out that we looked pretty darn good after game one in 2010 too. Like I said im still crazy excited about Butch and this team.

By the way 5 penalties for 25 yds in Dools opener.

Dooley had people excited too.

Attendance - fans had not yet seen 3 straight losing seasons. Such a thing at Tennessee was unheard of. 97k after 3 losing seasons is pretty doggone good.

Stats - Butch played zero starters in the second half. Dooley left starters in into the 4th quarter. As a matter of fact, according to the play-by-play of that game, the offensive starters played their last down with 4 minutes left in the GAME.

It wasn't Memphis, it was UT-Martin. That UT-Martin team was great. They beat Tenn Tech by 3 whole points.

We had the correct number of players on the field for the entire game yesterday. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Reactions: 5 people
It's a good thing that bean counters/statisticians don't actually coach or play the game. :ermm:

Regarding the attendance figures, back in 2010 Hamilton was AD. UT would count anyone within a 2 mile radius of the stadium as being in attendance. I would say "apples to apples" there were more people at last night's game.

Dooley had people excited too.

Attendance - fans had not yet seen 3 straight losing seasons. Such a thing at Tennessee was unheard of. 97k after 3 losing seasons is pretty doggone good.

Stats - Butch played zero starters in the second half. Dooley left starters in into the 4th quarter. As a matter of fact, according to the play-by-play of that game, the offensive starters played their last down with 4 minutes left in the GAME.

It wasn't Memphis, it was UT-Martin. That UT-Martin team was great. They beat Tenn Tech by 3 whole points.

We had the correct number of players on the field for the entire game yesterday. You are comparing apples to oranges.

no, im comparing game #1 to game #1. There is no doubt we have a helluva better HC. Yes it was different teams, but the similariteis are eerie.

Regarding the attendance figures, back in 2010 Hamilton was AD. UT would count anyone within a 2 mile radius of the stadium as being in attendance. I would say "apples to apples" there were more people at last night's game.

This could very well be the case. This is more like the kind of response I expected, thanks.

That is in no way complaining. Just pointing out that we looked pretty darn good after game one in 2010 too. Like I said im still crazy excited about Butch and this team.

By the way 5 penalties for 25 yds in Dools opener.

If that were true, why would you even make this thread and especially why would you title it "Shameful and scary"?

Reactions: 5 people
The biggest difference is Dooley was Dooley and Jones is Jones. That is the largest difference Dooley could never do what Jones has already accomplished at Tennessee and that is why Dooley is no longer our football coach.

Reactions: 2 people
99,123 = Attendance for Dooley's opener
97,169 = Attendance for Butch Jones opener

Thats a damn shame.

Now for the scary similarities....

332 rushing yards in Dooleys opener
335 rushing yards for Butch Jones

17-30 for 205 passing (Dooley)
15-21 for 132 passing (Jones)

Time of possession

33:21 (Dooley)
30:16 (Jones)

Total number of plays 73 (Dooley), 73 (Jones)

Dooleys opener 50-0
Jones opener 45-0

Just when I was getting excited out of my mind, I did a little research and quickly came back down to earth. Still crazy excited but this is just a little reality check.

Did Dooley pull the 1st string after halftime?

UF stadium had empty spots too. It's a damn cup cake game. Keep playing well and the fans will come.

Positive signs were a much more organized team and zero penalties. But QB play needs to improve.

Stats are fun and make people smart....here's one:there's .001 percent chance anyone cared about the OP's stat fun fact.

Thats a damn shame.

Time of possession

Dooleys opener 50-0
Jones opener 45-0

Just when I was getting excited out of my mind, I did a little research and quickly came back down to earth. Still crazy excited but this is just a little reality check.

What's a damn shame is that we have a new coach who beat a team the way you're supposed to but the only thing you took from it was comparison of numbers. Comparing stats between the two is tarded and the fact that your focused on Dooley in a brand new season shows your inability to move forward and focus on the future. That's the shame in all this.

Thats a damn shame.

Time of possession

Dooleys opener 50-0
Jones opener 45-0

Chill out Tut! You been around that negaVol Adam too much! Enjoy 800!!!!! Absolutely no complaining today!

VN Store

Back