Shinzo Abe Assassinated

CBS ‘Mornings’ Remembers ‘Polarizing Figure’ Shinzo Abe After Death — ‘He Was a Right-Wing Nationalist’

CBS “Mornings” on Friday remembered former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe following his assassination while on the campaign trail at the age of 67.

According to CBS reporter Elizabeth Palmer, Abe was a “polarizing figure,” “a right-wing nationalist and conservative.” She advised that although Abe’s “political opinions were controversial,” the country was “united in shock and sympathy at the news of his death.”

CBS 'Mornings' Remembers 'Polarizing Figure' Shinzo Abe After Death -- 'He Was a Right-Wing Nationalist'

Looks like the same kind of homemade shotgun people make and turn into gun "buybacks" for some easy money. This proves that an effective firearm can be made out of the simplest materials.
$20 a Lowes can land you some nice Jordans in some diverse socioeconomical disenfranchised urban area buy back programs.

Chinese are loving this. It’s hilarious they immediately put out a statement saying “we didn’t do it”

Let's accept that as true for purposes of argument. Let's assume people are just as violent now as they've always been. Now let's inject guns (as opposed to weapons such as knives and baseball bats). Can the Las Vegas shooter kill that many people that quickly from a hidden location without guns? Can the Uvalde killer keep cops at bay while he kills all those kids and teachers without guns? Can gangbangers injure or kill 15 people in a 10-second drive-by without access to guns? You'd be lying to yourself if you said yes. The presence of guns make violence and death easier and quicker to inflict. If you didn't believe that you should be indifferent between having a baseball bat and a gun for purposes of self-defense. And I know you'd choose the gun for self-defense.
You can kill as many as you want at the right time with a car… true?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Unfortunately, the gun nut crowd seizes on such comments to try to skew the numbers with often times impossible results.

How Often Are Guns Used for Self-Defense?

One pro gun loon did a study which, according to the math, concluded that burglary victims used guns to thwart the suspects more than 100 % of the time. Oops.
Unforuntanely, for you, the NCVS wasnt used as one of the data points they sampled. Obama's CDC ruled them too untrustworthy.

And your articles quotes Kemp's research from the 90s, while my article used his research from the 2000s, and even points out the differences in his numbers/methodology.

If you want to counter the argument it would help if you actually countered the actual data used.

Japan is 98% racially homogenous..the twitter comparison is at a pre-school logic level.
What does racial homogeneity have to do with anything? There are quite a few racially homogeneous countries that have insanely high rates of gun violence.

Reactions: EasternVol
What does racial homogeneity have to do with anything? There are quite a few racially homogeneous countries that have insanely high rates of gun violence.

Is there any correlation to those and the diversity that makes up our country?

Not in Asia.
I just think that post could be more precisely worded.

You could make an argument that the tweet is invalid because it is comparing 2 countries with 2 completely different cultural and societal norms. I agree with the post I replied to in the sense that racial homogeneity is a by-product of those, but I don’t think it is a reason for fewer instances of gun violence.

Speaking of culture, I think the primary reason for lower gun violence in Japan isn’t because of racial homogeneity but rather the fact that they less cultural decay and rot than what we have. JMO though.

TLDR: I think it has more to do the their culture rather than racial demographics.

WTF are you talking about?

I was speculating right when it happened now we know more info about the attack. I was hoping the attack wasn't connected to either state who both have a history of hating the Japanese because if it had it would have surely meant war.

Reactions: StarRaider
I was speculating right when it happened now we know more info about the attack. I was hoping the attack wasn't connected to either state who both have a history of hating the Japanese because if it had it would have surely meant war.

Meant war between who?

Unforuntanely, for you, the NCVS wasnt used as one of the data points they sampled. Obama's CDC ruled them too untrustworthy.

And your articles quotes Kemp's research from the 90s, while my article used his research from the 2000s, and even points out the differences in his numbers/methodology.

If you want to counter the argument it would help if you actually countered the actual data used.
@lawgator1 you just got hammered in the dick. Response?

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back