Shipping US LNG vs Russian Pipeline LNG to Europe

You are not going to convince me that transporting LNG to Europe in one a manner that has a higher transit cost and at the peak demand time of the year is going to equate to a sustainable decrease in the spot price for Europe. These one day market fluctuations don't mean anything. And if you look at the amount that is being delivered and compare it to their daily consumption, there is no logical way you can number crunch or justify an 18% decline.

This is spitting in the ocean.

Who is buying it?

It's a focus on what is pragmatic and just. This nonsense of shipping energy to Europe doesn't benefit the average American... or average European for that matter.

And where are all of the greenies and environmentalists? How can they justify the energy and waste in transporting LNG from here (in this casrvthey mentioned out of New Orleans) to Europe?

It doesn't make sense even from a conservationist level.

Just? You a SJW now? Someone decided to purchase it. What is unjust?

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the Europeans do not want to be completely dependent on Putin? Yes, they have made many boneheaded energy decisions over there and we and Putin should be gouging the crap out of them but we're not forcing them to buy from us.
And again I ask... how does this help the average European? I am fully aware that the leadership in Europe is 100% behind this decision, but do those leaders necessarily speak for the best interests of the man on the street?

And again I ask from an environmental angle, how is transporting LNG across the Atlantic more efficient than pipelines?

Seems like you are would rather attack me and question my motives rather than answer these simple questions.

Just? You a SJW now? Someone decided to purchase it. What is unjust?
The unjust part is the geopolitical gamesmanship we are playing with another nuclear power, which is jeopardizing hundreds of millions of lives if this thing should go hot.

You keep focusing on the surface level stuff with regards to someone buying the LNG. I'm talking about a deeper issue than that.

The unjust part is the geopolitical gamesmanship we are playing with another nuclear power, which is jeopardizing hundreds of millions of lives if this thing should go hot.

You keep focusing on the surface level stuff with regards to someone buying the LNG. I'm talking about a deeper issue than that.

Who is the buyer and seller here? I honestly don’t know. Are these private companies or governments?

If you’re talking about deeper stuff, it appears you mean why is everyone not appeasing Putin. Eff him.

Who is buying it?
The Europeans. So what is your point asking that? How is that a good deal for them? You may not care, because I could see in another thread that you have no scruples with regards to how profits are made. But it matters because this deal that is being established is built off of the turmoil and chaos in Ukraine. Turmoil that originated in the Obama SoS office nearly 8 years ago... with some activity by members of the current administration.

This is a deal that is strictly done to funnel money and revenue to these LNG interests. This stinks to high heaven and the administration definently has a hand in profiteering out of this chaos and turmoil.

The Europeans. So what is your point asking that? How is that a good deal for them? You may not care, because I could see in another thread that you have no scruples with regards to how profits are made. But it matters because this deal that is being established is built off of the turmoil and chaos in Ukraine. Turmoil that originated in the Obama SoS office nearly 8 years ago... with some activity by members of the current administration.

This is a deal that is strictly done to funnel money and revenue to these LNG interests. This stinks to high heaven and the administration definently has a hand in profiteering out of this chaos and turmoil.

Europeans are not purchasing it. Private companies or governments are buying it. Which is it?

Let me guess, Putin is gonna get pissed and invade another country. But, not his fault.

Who is the buyer and seller here?[/COLOR][/B] I honestly don’t know. Are these private companies or governments?
You keep asking a question about who the buyers and sellers are when that doesn't matter. Neither side of that trade is operating in the best interests of the average person. Nor are they operating in a free market... but operating in conditions created artificially thanks to sanctions, gamesmanship and corruption.

Europeans are not purchasing it. Private companies or governments are buying it. Which is it?
The average European will be the consumer at the end of the line. Again... that is why I keep asking the question that you keep wanting to avoid...

How does this arrangement help the average European... or Anerican? Or Ukrainian?

Never ever understood his erection for Putin.
It's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. The Western neoliberal establishment and internationalists hate Putin, and Ras hates the Western establishment, so he has at least a sympathy if not outright affection for Putin.

He's said multiple times in these threads that he believes Putin has the best interests of his country and people at heart, which is just as laughable as saying Joe Biden has the best interests of Americans at heart.

The average European will be the consumer at the end of the line. Again... that is why I keep asking the question that you keep wanting to avoid...

How does this arrangement help the average European... or Anerican? Or Ukrainian?

Not avoiding anything.

Everyone just angering Putin.

He's said multiple times in these threads that he believes Putin has the best interests of his country and people at heart, which is just as laughable as saying Joe Biden has the best interests of Americans at heart.
There is an element of truth in your first paragraph, but I think you oversimplify it a bit.

But in the highlighted above, from my perspective, I'm fully aware that Putin isn't perfect (no leader is)... but in comparison to the goons we've had running the show over here that have run this country into the ditch... he is the cleanest shirt in the hamper.

There is an element of truth in your first paragraph, but I think you oversimplify it a bit.

But in the highlighted above, from my perspective, I'm fully aware that Putin isn't perfect (no leader is)... but in comparison to the goons we've had running the show over here that have run this country into the ditch... he is the cleanest shirt in the hamper.
lol

Putin runs a mafia state along with a band of gangsters who stole state assets from the country in the 90s, after the fall of the Soviet Union. To say that he "isn't perfect" is, uh, putting it mildly. He didn't even have anything to do with the improvement of their economy in the 2000s. Oil and NG prices had a great bull market, their economy is a one-trick pony tied to oil and gas revenues, and country (mostly the oligarchs) benefited.

Reactions: allvol123

So now dictators are the cleanest. Lol.

lol

Putin runs a mafia state along with a band of gangsters who stole state assets from the country in the 90s, after the fall of the Soviet Union. To say that he "isn't perfect" is, uh, putting it mildly. He didn't even have anything to do with the improvement of their economy in the 2000s. Oil and NG prices had a great bull market, their economy is a one-trick pony tied to oil and gas revenues, and country (mostly the oligarchs) benefited.
That wasn't Putin or the mafia. Those were Russian oligarchs with the help of Wall Street that tried to take a hold of Russia while Yeltsin was in power. Once an unknown and wildcard like Putin came, they figured the game would continue... but he put a stop to it. Now he is enemy #1 because he has done a lot to rebuild Russia and get a lot of the Western corruption out of the country.

That wasn't Putin or the mafia. Those were Russian oligarchs with the help of Wall Street that tried to take a hold of Russia while Yeltsin was in power. Once an unknown and wildcard like Putin came, they figured the game would continue... but he put a stop to it. Now he is enemy #1 because he has done a lot to rebuild Russia and get a lot of the Western corruption out of the country.

What is his net worth again?

And again I ask... how does this help the average European? I am fully aware that the leadership in Europe is 100% behind this decision, but do those leaders necessarily speak for the best interests of the man on the street?

And again I ask from an environmental angle, how is transporting LNG across the Atlantic more efficient than pipelines?

Seems like you are would rather attack me and question my motives rather than answer these simple questions.

That's kind of a silly question since the European leaders were elected by their citizens. I highly doubt those leaders give any more of a **** about the average man on the street their as our elected officials do here but they are elected. Losing argument on your part.

Pipelines are much more environmentally friendly than shipping but since when does that matter? Yeah I get it it, our/their officials are environmental hypocrites. Everyone should know that by now.

I'm not attacking you, I just can't figure out why you care so much. The European people elected the idiots that put them in a position to be dependent so why shouldn't our NG people profit from it?

He "put a stop to it" by saying "give me a cut of the ill gotten gains if you want to continue owning the companies you stole." He wanted Western corruption out because, by God, no Westerner was going to come in there and steal what he wanted to steal. As far as rebuilding the country, sure, Al Capone handed out turkeys on Thanksgiving too. It's good politics.

It's hilarious to me that you don't look him with a critical eye like you do everybody else. You have this fondness for him purely because people you don't like don't like him - seems like a blind spot, to be honest.

Reactions: allvol123 and hog88

Just curious, what’s your opinion of Alexei Navalny?

lol

Putin runs a mafia state along with a band of gangsters who stole state assets from the country in the 90s, after the fall of the Soviet Union.

The Rape of Russia

With this “big picture” always in mind, we can better understand what was about to be done to Russia. An entire army of economic hit men, masquerading as economic advisors, was dispatched to “help” Russia. Many would actually embed themselves in State offices, from which they would oversee the “shock therapy” and “privatization” schemes which were to soon bring hungry Russians to their knees.

The Wall Street-Harvard colonizers found eager criminal collaborators to worl with. This class of white collar criminal came to be known as “The Oligarchs”. The Globalist invaders’ idea of “privatization” was to transfer, all at once and in whole pieces, entire State run industries into the hands of their Oligarch partners. Billions of dollars worth of State resources fell into the hands of the ruthless Oligarchs for pennies on the dollar, or even for free! The already struggling Russian State found itself suddenly starved of revenue. When the monetary printing presses were turned to full capacity, inflation inevitably followed.

VN Store

Back