Should Churches Pay Taxes?

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 26 said:
That doesn't surprise me, just another thing you know NOTHING about. Go figure.

come with facts, not an argument equivalent to "nah uh", we all have our weaknessess, that doesn't make them a disease.

(allvol123 @ Jul 26 said:
come with facts, not an argument equivalent to "nah uh", we all have our weaknessess, that doesn't make them a disease.

I can post 20 links that state it's a disease and it won't be good enough for the likes of you. So just drop it and work on your weakness...not being able to comprehend anything you don't believe.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 26 said:
I can post 20 links that state it's a disease and it won't be good enough for the likes of you. So just drop it and work on your weakness...not being able to comprehend anything you don't believe.
We all have weaknesses OWB. That means you too.

(smoke_em06 @ Jul 26 said:
Its pretty clear in the KJV. Real will love that.

That is fine, it is more clear in the actual Hebrew scriptures. Also, it is sad that you feel your faith is threatened by evolution and the difference between the Reed and Red Seas. Mine is strengthened through the belief that my God is logical and has created a world where science is so explanatory. Basically, I believe in a God that is incredibly wise and enjoys the mysteries of science, you believe in a God who plays with clay and physically parts the Red Sea.

(therealUT @ Jul 26 said:
That is fine, it is more clear in the actual Hebrew scriptures. Also, it is sad that you feel your faith is threatened by evolution and the difference between the Reed and Red Seas. Mine is strengthened through the belief that my God is logical and has created a world where science is so explanatory. Basically, I believe in a God that is incredibly wise and enjoys the mysteries of science, you believe in a God who plays with clay and physically parts the Red Sea.
I believe in the God from my holy Bible. He didn't need science. He is more powerful than that. As far as feeling threatened, I don't feel that at all. If you want to believe in the evolutionary theory then thats fine with me. I never feel threatened about what I believe. God is very clear with how he created man.

I believe in the God from my holy Bible. He didn't need science. He is more powerful than that. As far as feeling threatened, I don't feel that at all. If you want to believe in the evolutionary theory then thats fine with me. I never feel threatened about what I believe. God is very clear with how he created man.

Not attacking, just discussing.

Do you believe that the creation consisted of 6 24 hour days plus one 24 hour day for rest are do you think the timetable is metaphorical?

Genesis 2:7 is very simple and clear about how he created Adam. Out of the dust of the earth. In GOD'S IMAGE!!

(vader @ Jul 26 said:
Not attacking, just discussing.

Do you believe that the creation consisted of 6 24 hour days plus one 24 hour day for rest are do you think the timetable is metaphorical?
I don't know. I have thought about that and I just don't know. No one will ever know. If I had to guess I would say a 24 hour day, but who knows.

Ephesians 5:18, The effects of drunkenness- Proverbs 23:29-35

Proverbs 20:1

Wine is arrogant, strong drink is rioutous;
none who goes astray for it is wise.

Ephesians 5:15-20

Watch carefully then how you live, not as foolish persons but as wise, making the most of the opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not continue in ignorance, but try to understand what is the will of the Lord. And do not get drunk on wine, in which lies debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hmns and spiritual songs, singing and playing to the Lord in your hearts, giving thanks always and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.

Again, you are taking poetic prose literally. The intention of this verse is that the people in Asia Minor praise God and give him thanks in all that they do.

Paul also states in other passages that you are to be a Eunich, I don't see you chopping off your manhood anytime soon though.

I don't know. I have thought about that and I just don't know. No one will ever know. If I had to guess I would say a 24 hour day, but who knows.

You realize that if you add up all the time mentioned in the bible literally, then the earth would be only roughly 6000 years old.

Do you believe that the science behind carbon dating that estimates bones to be millions of years old is false?

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

And the President of Iran said the holocaust never existed, so what's your point. You can find false statements all over the net. You can call a horse a duck all day long but it is still a duck. Not a disease, a difficult problem to deal with I am sure, but not a disease.

Again, you are taking poetic prose literally. The intention of this verse is that the people in Asia Minor praise God and give him thanks in all that they do.

Paul also states in other passages that you are to be a Eunich, I don't see you chopping off your manhood anytime soon though.
These are God's words to be taken literally. Not poetry.

Are you willing to accept that maybe there was a deeper meaning to the stories of creation? Or do you accept them for face value, resigning that scripture inspired by God has no deeper meaning?

(vader @ Jul 26 said:
You realize that if you add up all the time mentioned in the bible literally, then the earth would be only roughly 6000 years old.

Do you believe that the science behind carbon dating that estimates bones to be millions of years old is false?

These are God's words to be taken literally. Not poetry.

I ask my question of you then, smoke_em.

Are you willing to accept that maybe there was a deeper meaning to the stories of creation? Or do you accept them for face value, resigning that scripture inspired by God has no deeper meaning?
God has made it very clear to us about creation. I don't care what a theologian might say. My God is awesome and I am created in HIS IMAGE!!!! Not an Ape.

God has made it very clear to us about creation. I don't care what a theologian might say. My God is awesome and I am created in HIS IMAGE!!!! Not an Ape.

Please answer my question about the age of the earth. I am not trying to start a fight, I am just interested.

(vader @ Jul 26 said:
Please answer my question about the age of the earth. I am not trying to start a fight, I am just interested.
You just thought you asked about the length of the days. I have no idea how old the earth is. Scientists try to guess, but they don't know.

You just thought you asked about the length of the days. I have no idea how old the earth is. Scientists try to guess, but they don't know.

My point is, if you take the Bible 100% literally, the earth is only roughly 6000 year old, and science has a lot of evidence that is not the case.

Metaphors and allegory, man.

And the President of Iran said the holocaust never existed, so what's your point. You can find false statements all over the net. You can call a horse a duck all day long but it is still a duck. Not a disease, a difficult problem to deal with I am sure, but not a disease.

At least now you understand why I don't try and provide you with any information. You're just too predictable.

You just keep going about thinking what you want to think and I'll do the same.

VN Store

Back