Shoutout to Tim Banks and the entire defense!

Deepest front we’ve had in many years. And very little drop off.
Was discussing this with my son and we can’t ever recall a Tennessee Dline this deep that’s got 3rd string guys in the game in the first quarter. Best I can ever remember was going 2 deep and I still remember Mathew Butler playing every defensive snap in a couple games.

The defense, particularly the DL might just be our best unit. Aside from the soft zone they were playing early in the game, that defensive performance way exceeded expectations. They’re good enough to carry the team a game or 2 while Nico continues to grow and learn. God I hope he stays healthy.

To be honest, it’s time to sign CRG to a new contract. Our Dline rotating 10+ guys who are all talented is what makes our D go.
Yep, & it's nice to have some depth to do that; been lacking the depth for a long time. Excellent recruiting to fill our needs.

Is our defense actually good now? I'm hesitant to believe it. This is so exciting. Gotta take my BVS meds

Tim Banks will be getting a new contract....as a HC at a smaller school next year. I fully expect (if things continue as they are) that he gets swooped up for a HC role. That's why we paid Inge so much, because he'll step in and be the next DC once Banks is gone. JMO, but I could totally see that happening.

It's always come down to scheme vs. dudes. Or, Xs & Os vs. Jimmys and Joes if you like that better.

Even in the 2021 season, we were getting a lot of TFLs and sacks and pressure. The scheme was there, we just needed more dudes. Now we are getting the dudes and we are coaching them up -- gonna be a fun season!

The defense was legit. The D-line and run defense is so dominant. Also, props to our secondary for their game tonight. So far, we have shown the ability to cover WRs down the field and get an elite pass rush.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Wasn't too long ago that while some of us were preaching patience and the need for more defensive depth, that the pitchforks were out for Banks and Martinez. Voila! Quality depth added, and now we see what Banks' defense is about.
Yeah, the doomsayers have quieted down.

Attachments

• Cricket.jpg
    Cricket.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 0
That front 7 can compare with any team in the nation. Our DEs typically get the hype, but those DTs are super atheletic too. I also didn't realize what we missed last year with Pili. Holy hell, dude is a beast. Easily the best MLB we've had since AJ. He was all over the field laying the boomstick.

VN Store

Back