Shoutout to Tim Banks and the entire defense!

Tim Banks will be getting a new contract....as a HC at a smaller school next year. I fully expect (if things continue as they are) that he gets swooped up for a HC role. That's why we paid Inge so much, because he'll step in and be the next DC once Banks is gone. JMO, but I could totally see that happening.
Didn't Banks interview at MTSU?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
What a game against a top 25 team! 143 total yards and kept nc state to 3/12 on third downs and 0/2 on fourth down. Let give them their props on tonight's performance.

Gbo!
That is not a top 25 team.

Tip of the hat to guys on defense that don't get talked about a lot. Telander, came in and got significant playing time as a freshman with the injuries to Pili and Carter last year. Grabbed a fumble last night, also made several nice plays when they slid him up on the edge. High football IQ and physical. Linebacker group as a whole, healthy and really starting to look good. Will Brooks, grabbed the botched kick off return vs LSU two years ago that set us up for our first score and eventual rout of LSU. Good game last night, in on a lot of tackles and nice pick six. His IQ and continued hard work shows why he's out there at the Safety position. Not on defense, but solidifying his spot on the team, DeSean Bishop. He ALMOST chased down the NC State defender that had the pick six on us. Incredible effort. Jakobe Thomas, in on a lot of tackles and a great corner blitz to sack McCalla. Saw Pearce get double teamed a lot, but that left Josephs open to make several nice plays last night and getting in their backfield. DB's still have some work to do, but I like the speed and athleticism back there. Good tacklers overall.

That is not a top 25 team.
Oh here it goes.

The "they can't be very good, we whupped their butts" crowd.

They were the #24 team in the land. We took them to the mat. That doesn't mean they couldn't beat most teams ranked lower than them. It just means they couldn't touch us.

Do you not understand that this perspective not only ignores the facts, it also hurts us by minimizing our accomplishments? Can't you see that? It belittles us, not just them.

*smh* I just don't get people who do this. I just don't.

Go Vols!

I'm still not convinced our secondary has been truly tested. And am still leery about what I did see. I figure Oklahoma will finally tell us if they are better than bad, or better than good.

Tim Banks will be getting a new contract....as a HC at a smaller school next year. I fully expect (if things continue as they are) that he gets swooped up for a HC role. That's why we paid Inge so much, because he'll step in and be the next DC once Banks is gone. JMO, but I could totally see that happening.
Your opinion isn’t wrong.

Front 7 is elite, jury still out on DB’s but man they sure tackle!
DBs are very good as well they’re just young. Banks played the first series conservative with them. They sit back and allowed a few conversions on third down. NC States WR #10 had four catches. You see we were measuring what their Oline had what McCall had; letting our experienced dline get measure of them. After that series banks tightened things up and our young secondary responded. #10 finished with five receptions total for the game, remember four of them were first possession. Only offense they really had was on that weird trick formation second half.

One of the best plays not talked about is our outstanding freshman running down # 10 on the trick play that fooled everyone.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Tip of the hat to guys on defense that don't get talked about a lot. Telander, came in and got significant playing time as a freshman with the injuries to Pili and Carter last year. Grabbed a fumble last night, also made several nice plays when they slid him up on the edge. High football IQ and physical. Linebacker group as a whole, healthy and really starting to look good. Will Brooks, grabbed the botched kick off return vs LSU two years ago that set us up for our first score and eventual rout of LSU. Good game last night, in on a lot of tackles and nice pick six. His IQ and continued hard work shows why he's out there at the Safety position. Not on defense, but solidifying his spot on the team, DeSean Bishop. He ALMOST chased down the NC State defender that had the pick six on us. Incredible effort. Jakobe Thomas, in on a lot of tackles and a great corner blitz to sack McCalla. Saw Pearce get double teamed a lot, but that left Josephs open to make several nice plays last night and getting in their backfield. DB's still have some work to do, but I like the speed and athleticism back there. Good tacklers overall.
That last line is what impressed me the most I can count on 1 hand the amount of tackles we missed last night and we were swarming… this is the best team heup has ever had and he is about to wreck shop… if we stay locked in and healthy in the key positions we are playoff bound…

Oh man, I’ve got to serve myself a hefty portion of crow here. A while back, I was *loudly* calling for Tim Banks to be shown the door as DC, and I wasn’t exactly thrilled about Josh Heupel’s loyalty either. Well, I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Not only has Tim Banks orchestrated an incredible defensive turnaround, but he’s made our defense one of the most consistent units in the game. Seriously, who saw this coming? His scheme adjustments, player development, and overall game plan have been nothing short of masterful this season. The guy flat-out delivered.

And hats off to Heupel for sticking by him. Loyalty paid off in spades. What I mistook for stubbornness, Heupel knew as patience and trust. The results speak for themselves—this team is firing on all cylinders, and the defense is a major reason why.

So yeah, I’ll take my crow with a side of humility. Here’s to Tim Banks and Josh Heupel for proving me, and plenty of others, *completely* wrong. Keep it rolling, fellas!

Oh man, I’ve got to serve myself a hefty portion of crow here. A while back, I was *loudly* calling for Tim Banks to be shown the door as DC, and I wasn’t exactly thrilled about Josh Heupel’s loyalty either. Well, I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Not only has Tim Banks orchestrated an incredible defensive turnaround, but he’s made our defense one of the most consistent units in the game. Seriously, who saw this coming? His scheme adjustments, player development, and overall game plan have been nothing short of masterful this season. The guy flat-out delivered.

And hats off to Heupel for sticking by him. Loyalty paid off in spades. What I mistook for stubbornness, Heupel knew as patience and trust. The results speak for themselves—this team is firing on all cylinders, and the defense is a major reason why.

So yeah, I’ll take my crow with a side of humility. Here’s to Tim Banks and Josh Heupel for proving me, and plenty of others, *completely* wrong. Keep it rolling, fellas!

We fans have been waiting to see what he could do with a full deck. D was decimated when he came in but has slowly been built back. Cleaning house in the secondary after last season was a good sign. Appears he does know what to do with a full deck when he has it.

I'm still not convinced our secondary has been truly tested. And am still leery about what I did see. I figure Oklahoma will finally tell us if they are better than bad, or better than good.
Well OU’s QB is struggling big time. His accuracy is having major issues so far is what I’ve been told by a ln avid fan who’s terrified of UT coming soon. Houston was their first semi test and it took a miracle to beat them.

So I’d assume if things go as expected you’ll feel yet again our secondary hasn’t been tested and we’ll need to wait longer. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well OU’s QB is struggling big time. His accuracy is having major issues so far is what I’ve been told by a ln avid fan who’s terrified of UT coming soon. Houston was their first semi test and it took a miracle to beat them.

So I’d assume if things go as expected you’ll feel yet again our secondary hasn’t been tested and we’ll need to wait longer. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Only time will tell. I've seen struggling QBs suddenly turn it around after one or two games. So I stand by, not puffing out our chests too far. Humility pills get served to everybody at any given time. Enjoy the ride without arrogance.

VN Store

Back