SIAP: CFN Prediction Tennessee vs Minnesota in Music City Bowl

SEC Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations
1. Sugar Bowl vs. Big 12

SEC Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked SEC team

2. Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. Big Ten

The Citrus Bowl gets its pick of the top SEC team available after the CFP and Sugar Bowl are in place

The SEC will assign teams to the respective bowls in this pool.

AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Big 12

Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. ACC

Mercari Texas Bowl vs. Big 12

Outback Bowl vs. Big Ten or ACC

TaxSlayer Gator Bowl vs. ACC

TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs. Big Ten

Second Tier

TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl vs. American Athletic

Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl vs. AAC, ACC, or Pac-12

Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12

Note: SEC alternates with the Big Ten between the Las Vegas and Duke’s Mayo (formerly the Belk) bowls over six seasons. Duke’s Mayo is 2021, 2023, 2025, Las Vegas is 2020, 2022, 2024

Reactions: FBtime
I want Clemson in one of the Florida bowls....man I never thought I'd be typing that sentence 3 months ago.
I agree. When Trevor Lawrence went down last year I thought D.J.Uiagalelei played well in his absence. I read that he was a 2021 Heisman Trophy favorite.
Not sure what happened but the few times I saw him play, he looked a bit lost.
Clemson in a bowl game would be great.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
If we must play Minnesota, I'd rather we played them in another venue. I'll always remember fondly the time that their band played Rocky Top after beating Alabama in the Music City Bowl. After that, it would seem almost a betrayal to beat them in Nashville 😄

Just past the 21-minute mark:

I hate Alabama so I never watch them, and I never knew this. THIS IS GREAT! Thank you for sharing this with me I love it!

Lol. Minnesota would get road graded. They lost to Bowling Green.
Our run defense would get road graded too. Not saying we wouldn't win, we can outscore them, but they're down to their 5th string RB and still putting up big numbers. I can't believe you're that blind. Other than their QB they're averaging 5ypc. Keep on laughing, but it would be a bad matchup for how bad our run defense has been. Also, didn't we lose to Wyoming on Homecoming? GA St? We aren't in a position to laugh at anyone, other than maybe Vandy.

Our run defense would get road graded too. Not saying we wouldn't win, we can outscore them, but they're down to their 5th string RB and still putting up big numbers. I can't believe you're that blind. Other than their QB they're averaging 5ypc. Keep on laughing, but it would be a bad matchup for how bad our run defense has been. Also, didn't we lose to Wyoming on Homecoming? GA St? We aren't in a position to laugh at anyone, other than maybe Vandy.

No we absolutely would not get road graded by Minnesota. They got beat by a terrible Illinois team. You are trying to think they are like Pitt, Bama or UK running the ball. Illinois stifled their run game. They are not on the level of UF, Bama or even UK.

We would easily beat Minnesota by 21. Oh so you wanna bring up a game against Wyoming in 2008? Since you wanna do that let’s see Fleck lost to Nicholls and Kent state in 2013.

Lol. We are second in the SECE and yes we can easily laugh at people.

I was at the Liberty Bowl many years ago when UT played
Minn. Very patriotic half time show; and when they sang
” God Bless the USA “ and got to the part “ from the lakes
of Minnesota “ the Mn fans stood and cheered; and then the
part “ to the hills of Tennessee “ the UT folks did likewise.
It was very inspirational.

I don't see Nashville as an option given Tennessee has not ever played in the Duke's Mayo (formerly Belk) Bowl and played in Nashville several years ago. Charlotte seems pretty likely to me.

Too many SEC west teams will be bowl eligible for Tennessee to go all the way to Texas.
Heard the Belk Bowl gives out some nice gifts for rhe players..hopefully that would continue with the new sponsor..Charlotte isn't a trip I would make though...I'd go to Texas or a Florida bowl..maybe Nashville

I would love for TN to play in the Gator Bowl here in Jacksonville again...gives me a chance to see them in person this year...errr technically next year but you know what I mean.

Minnesota would be such a boring matchup. I guess I should just be happy to go bowling at this point, but man I want Clemson so bad. Tired of that fanbase. I'd love nothing more than to shut that clown Clemson Tom up. And, my sister's fiance is a Clemson fan and is so obnoxious. She is a Tennessee alumni and the other day she was talking about our fanbase and referred to them as "their fanbase" instead of our. She's become a Clemson fan and it's gross. Want to smack them.

Excommunication should be on the table here.

Do we need 8 wins to be realistically considered for the Outback Bowl?

Heard the Belk Bowl gives out some nice gifts for rhe players..hopefully that would continue with the new sponsor..Charlotte isn't a trip I would make though...I'd go to Texas or a Florida bowl..maybe Nashville
Why the hate for the CLT?

VN Store

Back