So glad we passed on Tajh Boyd

You are right.

Geez, it gets better and better.

I do think though that CBJ's hands are kinda tied. The FM aren't ready and Worley sucks.

I don't think the freshmen could possibly be worse than Worley. Hell, I don't think you could possibly be worse than Worley. Can you miss a five yard throw by less than five yards?

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry for clogging up the board with a meaningless thought. You may all now return to discussing the color of our uniforms, what you will be drinking on Saturday, and how we should start a true freshman in the Swamp. Carry on.

Those are actually all pretty good topics

And just like now with indefensible bull**** that coaches pull, Tennessee fans were firmly in the "it's a great decision" camp. Same **** different day. Look at the idiots still rallying behind Worley

Also, it was Newton that he passed on in favor of Simms. Bray instead of Boyd, I think.

Actually, wasn't Boyd a year ahead of Bray...thought he was a 5th year senior now? I could be wrong. Kiffin tried to get Bray to follow him to USC.

It might not have been Bray actually, but I definitely remember it coming down to Simms and Newton

It was Simms over Newton and Bray no matter what. I think Bray was his second pick and he sent Boyd packing but never got his first pick. Or the other pick to commit.

Either way, holy **** batman.

It was Simms over Newton and Bray no matter what. I think Bray was his second pick and he sent Boyd packing but never got his first pick. Or the other pick to commit.

Either way, holy **** batman.

Well, I only say that because Boyd was a class before Bray. He redshirted

So in theory; if we would've never fired Fulmer, we'd have had 9-10 win seasons still under Boyd.

Well no - at least 1 more horrendous season of the Clawfence -- Boyd had ACL surgery after High School and would not have played as a true freshman

I don't think the freshmen could possibly be worse than Worley. Hell, I don't think you could possibly be worse than Worley. Can you miss a five yard throw by less than five yards?

The thing is I don't remember him being this bad when he played the year Bray hurt his thumb. Was that last year? It's all blurred together since I am drunk now by half time of every game.

Anyways, I personally don't know what is going on with Worley nor why he is the starter.

I have a feeling he's gonna get pulled after the Bama game and RF will start from there on out.

It made sense at the time, he was a dual-threat and Kiffin preferred a pocket passer. So Kiffin told him what was best for Tennessee and what he thought was best for Boyd.

Right. Because Boyd is so terrible at throwing the ball and could never be useful in an offense.

also that Baylor QB who we lost too due to Fulmer firing ..agree or not with Fulmer we would be averaging 8-9 wins right now and no way ducks hammer 60 points on us ..it would be close game ..

also that Baylor QB who we lost too due to Fulmer firing ..agree or not with Fulmer we would be averaging 8-9 wins right now and no way ducks hammer 60 points on us ..it would be close game ..

Oh Fulmer had driven the bus to the edge of the cliff. Kiffin leaving and Dooley coming in just nudged it the rest of the way.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's something even scarier...what if neither of the freshman are any good?

The thing is I don't remember him being this bad when he played the year Bray hurt his thumb. Was that last year? It's all blurred together since I am drunk now by half time of every game.

Anyways, I personally don't know what is going on with Worley nor why he is the starter.

I have a feeling he's gonna get pulled after the Bama game and RF will start from there on out.

RF will see the field Saturday. If he doesn't it's because Peterman started for some reason and played well enough to keep it close.

I would think it would take more to screw up a program like ours but no it just takes one Mike Hamilton. Who knew?

He was throwing to two top 40 draft picks behind the same badass line. There is some talent at WR this year, but it's too raw to be "hide how much Worley sucks" caliber.

Then at least you know that now. Next year is a throwaway anyway, you have one more year to find a good QB prospect

Next year may be better than people think.

The freshman coming on are going to fill a lot of starter and two deep positions and while they will be young a lot of them are going to be damn good.

He was throwing to two top 40 draft picks behind the same badass line. There is some talent at WR this year, but it's too raw to be "hide how much Worley sucks" caliber.

I don't think our line is badass.

They are great at pass protection but lack the nastiness to run the ball.

Just my two cents.

I would think it would take more to screw up a program like ours but no it just takes one Mike Hamilton. Who knew?

Had a sad moment tonight watching the Clemson game with my 8 year old son. The announcers mentioned Clemson being number 3.

Him: "Dad, how far down do the rankings go?"

Me: "They usually just talk about the top 25"

Him: "Has Tennessee ever been in that?"

Ouch

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back