So glad we passed on Tajh Boyd

That's nice. I am too.

But were you part of the decision making process that told Boyd to go away?

If you say no then the WE passed stuff doesn't apply to you.

Semantics my man.

It's like the grammar police but worse.

Using that logic, you can never use "we" to refer to the team at all. Neither you nor I have ever been part of the decision making process concerning either the team or the program in general, yet we both often refer to both the team and the program as "we".

It made sense at the time, he was a dual-threat and Kiffin preferred a pocket passer. So Kiffin told him what was best for Tennessee and what he thought was best for Boyd.

I really don't understand why a coach would not want a dual threat QB. I wish we had one now....

Given our current QB situation and the success TB is having at Clemson, can you imagine how much difference he could have made here?

:lolabove:
I commented to a buddy last nite watching the game,
that some of our illustrious Vol Fanz would as they have 100 plus times make this comment today!!
Ya gotta love it!

WE (w-e) didn't pass on anything.

Us Vol fans simply watched Kiffin tell Boyd he was no longer wanted in favor of Simms and WE (w-e) as Vol fans had to deal with it.

WE are now hoping to God our current coach turns it around so there will be no more WE threads anymore.

Side note....Kiffin is a moron.

That's nowhere near how it went down.

Reactions: 2 people
:lolabove:
I commented to a buddy last nite watching the game,
that some of our illustrious Vol Fanz would as they have 100 plus times make this comment today!!
Ya gotta love it!

What's wrong with making this comment?

But the game had passed by CPF, he stopped recruiting, fire him and restore our winning heritage. SMH.

A prime example of an emotional know-nothing that floods our fanbase. Thanks for helping!

5-6 in 2005 and 5-7 in 2008 sure held up that winning heritage

Lose to Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Bama.

Fulmer had the Baylor QB kid and Boyd coming to us. Just wondering if his recruiting classes would have improved. I get what you are saying. It may not matter if they are not coached up.

We might win a couple more games if he was a Vol. The Kiffin curse got us again. He was committed and Kiffin says look elsewhere.

Sorry for clogging up the board with a meaningless thought. You may all now return to discussing the color of our uniforms, what you will be drinking on Saturday, and how we should start a true freshman in the Swamp. Carry on.

The last time we beat Florida we started a freshman. His name was Eric Ainge. If you need to know anymore facts about Tennessee football feel free to ask.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back