So proud of my home state

Can you let me know where, in the legal writing, they are banning drag shows? I'll admit I have not read it in full detail but searching has not proved this to be true. I've read that the law is banning drag shows for children and states that Tennessee schools must give parents notice of any instruction or materials that deal with sexual orientation or gender identity and allow them to opt their children out of such instruction or materials.

Also, the Democrats had the White House, Congress and the Senate under control for 2 years with Biden, correct? How many gun laws did they try and pass during that time?

A Judge has halted it to clear up some language. Ultimately, I think a more well defined Bill will pass. Some say it isnt necessary because there are already laws that deal with this, but if so then why worry about it?

A Judge has halted it to clear up some language. Ultimately, I think a more well defined Bill will pass. Some say it isnt necessary because there are already laws that deal with this, but if so then why worry about it?
Because we need fewer laws not more. If it's already covered then instruct them to enforce.

It's really no different than existing gun laws. They're already in place and simply need to be enforced.

Reactions: hog88

Political theatre. From both sides.

Reactions: davethevol
And the House GOP seemed to reinforce it by not expelling the one white of the three....

Incredibly bad optics on those votes.

People need to understand reality. There were no good optic options because the media is leftist propaganda and the TNGOP is clueless when it comes to being able to explain complex topics.

Reactions: theFallGuy
People need to understand reality. There were no good optic options because the media is leftist propaganda and the TNGOP is clueless when it comes to being able to explain complex topics.
Agree and the TNGOP's cluelessness leave a stain on the state in the eyes of the nation. How any one gets to that position and does not understand how their actions are going to painted and perceived is baffling to me.

Agree and the TNGOP's cluelessness leave a stain on the state in the eyes of the nation. How any one gets to that position and does not understand how their actions are going to painted and perceived is baffling to me.
Actually I take that back. I think that legislators, especially at the state and local level, are some of the stupidest, most self righteous people out there...

Actually I take that back. I think that legislators, especially at the state and local level, are some of the stupidest, most self righteous people out there...
There are stupid people everywhere. It keeps me in business. The difference is there is a spotlight on politics.

That's a slippery slope. That ties in with economic growth, without which we risk retreating back to the position of some of our neighboring states....
Saw this on the national news this morning. We are now literally being compared with Mississippi. Talk about embarrassing. Think about that.

Reactions: BabyvoI
Especially at the local level. For most communities almost all of the issues that they vote on have little or nothing to do with Dems and Reps. Probably should not run as Rs and Ds.

The Republicans are correct that the three members should be censured. And I'd say warned that doing it again might result in expulsion.

But doing it like this makes them look terrible when there were so many other options available.

You need to look no further than the Jimmy Nafieh era of the Tennessee democratic party. All 3 deserved to go.

The Republicans are correct that the three members should be censured. And I'd say warned that doing it again might result in expulsion.

But doing it like this makes them look terrible when there were so many other options available.

But but but January 6th, insurrection worst day in American history or whatever other dribble the left was spewing about that day.

But but but January 6th, insurrection worst day in American history or whatever other dribble the left was spewing about that day.

That you compare the two reflects either that you are blinded by partisanship or blinded by lack of brain cells.

Dribble? You mean the day in which an American president incited a mob of rednecks to attack the U.S. Capitol--I repeat, a U.S. president inciting an attack on the U.S. Capitol---an insurrection the ultimately resulted in the deaths of 8 or 9 people, including, I think, three police officers.

You think that's "dribble."

I'm going to take a wild guess and assert that if a black man had incited an attack on the U.S Capitol by a mob that included African Americans, that you and others "dribblists" would have a COMPLETELY OPPOSITE reaction--that, in fact, you would have exploded with anger. And I dare you to say otherwise.

Exactly. The protest by the students concerned about their safety had embarrassed the Republican legislators--as it should have--and then
they made even bigger fools of themselves by overreacting with petty anger and expelling two members, and now that has rightly blown up in their
faces. They are weak, cowardly men--as are almost all Republicans in the U.S. House and state houses across America--because they refuse to
ban assault rifles and do anything substantive to stop mass shootings and gun violence.

Exactly. The protest by the students concerned about their safety had embarrassed the Republican legislators--as it should have--and then
they made even bigger fools of themselves by overreacting with petty anger and expelling two members, and now that has rightly blown up in their
faces. They are weak, cowardly men--as are almost all Republicans in the U.S. House and state houses across America--because they refuse to
ban assault rifles and do anything substantive to stop mass shootings and gun violence.

It was the part about being showed up by the protestors that bothered them the most. Having people call them out for the insane refusal to act.

VN Store

Back